Street Fighter IV!!!!!!!!

I know this thread's pretty old now but I was wondering if someone can tell me how to pull off Chun Li's special/ultra.

I can't do it =/

facing right, charge it for about 2 secs holding it <then> , <-, -> + L,M,H Kick

I still need to unlock gouken and seth and I need to play against people here....

chaos said:
facing right, charge it for about 2 secs holding it <then> , <-, -> + L,M,H Kick

I still need to unlock gouken and seth and I need to play against people here....

It's just how the heck do you do that without getting battered or walking along half the field? Surely it's supet obvious when your gonna do it?

Not if you charge down/back. Do that for a second or two, then quickly press foward, back, forward and either one kick (super combo) or all three (ultra combo). It takes some practice but you'll get there.

EDIT: charge d/b, d/f, d/b, d/f will also work, and requires a smaller motion. Try charging as you're jumping backwards, or while you're knocked down.

two secs is an exageration on my part. While you don't get the time right, try charging it for longer. Most of those ultra that needs charging are a bit obvious IMO.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Not if you charge down/back. Do that for a second or two, then quickly press foward, back, forward and either one kick (super combo) or all three (ultra combo). It takes some practice but you'll get there.

EDIT: charge d/b, d/f, d/b, d/f will also work, and requires a smaller motion. Try charging as you're jumping backwards, or while you're knocked down.

Mhm. So charging d/b and d/f works too? I think I can work with that. I'll go test it later :) Thanks alot!

fabricatedlunatic said:
A small amendment - the last direction must be directly forward for Supers and Ultras, df or uf won't work afaict.

As Fabby says, though, you can charge when jumping etc - this leads to arguably her most likely Ultra setup against non fireball characters (against fireball characters you can punish fireballs with her Ultra, if they're silly enough to sit there throwing them at you), in that you can land her Ultra after hitting her target combo (heavy punch x2 in the air) against a standing opponent, but you have to hit the target combo deep (ie. as late as possible) and the timing is still tight.

Also, you can charge whilst in a Focus Attack stance, which allows you to do two things - one is focus absorb an attack (say, a fireball) and dash forward and still get your Ultra out, which can surprise people, or actually hit the Focus Attack, get a crumple stun and still dash forward and get the Ultra out.

Chun doesn't really get many easy chances to land her full Ultra, though - mainly it would be tagged on the end of a combo in the corner, after a juggle with EX lightning legs, or an EX Spinning Bird Kick that sends them spinning into the corner, but it can be hard to time it to get maximum damage in a scenario like that, and you have to get used to charging during moves like the EX legs.

I did finally get around to playing some Chun (I'd say she's probably my second or third choice character now, actually), if you tell me your Live gamertag I can add you and actually talk you through it in-game.

ilmaestro said:
A small amendment - the last direction must be directly forward for Supers and Ultras, df or uf won't work afaict.
Really? In that case I stand corrected. And there's me blaming my 50 percent-ish success rate on the 360's much maligned controller :oops:

ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:

As Fabby says, though, you can charge when jumping etc - this leads to arguably her most likely Ultra setup against non fireball characters (against fireball characters you can punish fireballs with her Ultra, if they're silly enough to sit there throwing them at you), in that you can land her Ultra after hitting her target combo (heavy punch x2 in the air) against a standing opponent, but you have to hit the target combo deep (ie. as late as possible) and the timing is still tight.

Also, you can charge whilst in a Focus Attack stance, which allows you to do two things - one is focus absorb an attack (say, a fireball) and dash forward and still get your Ultra out, which can surprise people, or actually hit the Focus Attack, get a crumple stun and still dash forward and get the Ultra out.

Chun doesn't really get many easy chances to land her full Ultra, though - mainly it would be tagged on the end of a combo in the corner, after a juggle with EX lightning legs, or an EX Spinning Bird Kick that sends them spinning into the corner, but it can be hard to time it to get maximum damage in a scenario like that, and you have to get used to charging during moves like the EX legs.

I did finally get around to playing some Chun (I'd say she's probably my second or third choice character now, actually), if you tell me your Live gamertag I can add you and actually talk you through it in-game.

I've tried but still no luck :(

Also my Xbox is banned from Live :lol: So sadly, thats a no go. If you wanted I could exchange numbers with you though but- i'll do that on msn.

Haha, that'll teach you to pirate stuff. :p I will remember to sign into MSN one of these days.

Fabby: yeah, it's weird. For all that they've "simplified" some of the inputs, some of them are oddly harder than they used to be. But the 360 controller is a bit iffy indeed, it has to be said.

I could not like Sakura even more than how much I do now! She is so awesome!! I always play Sakura and I was amazed to find that all of her attacks were the same as on the other games. Plus, she is so CUTE!! I was a giant smile when I unlocked her.

Also, I love Bison's death cry (Japanese, of course).

Amray said:
I could not like Sakura even more than how much I do now! She is so awesome!! I always play Sakura and I was amazed to find that all of her attacks were the same as on the other games. Plus, she is so CUTE!! I was a giant smile when I unlocked her.

Yup. We all smile when we see those pants gleaming at our faces.

Spyro201 said:

I have a figure of her in my room. She is standing high on my window ledge, so that whenever I wake up facing upwards, or am facing towards her or the window reading a book or drawing; 'tis a straight view of greatness (especially because this particular figure was done in detail ;D)

I love Sakura. I think that her design in IV was beautifully done (both aspects of the word). Just so that you are aware though: I am not one of those complete wierdoes that actually are in love with her. When I say love I mean that in a "she's just so good" way. I have always played her, you see. Thus I was especially pleasur....--I mean pleased-- with her outcome!

Amray said:
Spyro201 said:

I have a figure of her in my room. She is standing high on my window ledge, so that whenever I wake up facing upwards, or am facing towards her or the window reading a book or drawing; 'tis a straight view of greatness (especially because this particular figure was done in detail ;D)

I love Sakura. I think that her design in IV was beautifully done (both aspects of the word). Just so that you are aware though: I am not one of those complete wierdoes that actually are in love with her. When I say love I mean that in a "she's just so good" way. I have always played her, you see. Thus I was especially pleasur....--I mean pleased-- with her outcome!

I wish I had such a joy. I really do. :lol:

When I say love I mean that in a "she's just so good" way. I have always played her, you see.

Oh i'm sure you play with her ;) Just in what way, huh? :lol: You say she's good? :p

Spyro201 said:
Oh i'm sure you play with her ;) Just in what way, huh? :lol: You say she's good? :p

"Good" is the understatement of the year, my friend. She is AMAZING!

I really like playing with her using my fingers and thumbs; she likes it when I twist buttons to make her scream her attacks out for me. Playing games with Sakura is definitely the best thing I have done this year! I'm happy that she wears her school uniform for me when I play with her.

I use Sakura as my main character usually, i wouldn't mind a decent battle when i fight with her though, most of the time i usually win without a challenge. Then again, most that play online are Ken users, at least the spammers are.

Best challenge i've had is usually against Zangief, since he is slow i usually try to overwhelm zangief players, but when they play well, its not easy to do so.

Arbalest said:
Best challenge i've had is usually against Zangief, since he is slow i usually try to overwhelm zangief players, but when they play well, its not easy to do so.

When I play Sakura (which is all the time usually since she's my main), it's a chance for zangief player to abuse that certain moves to get her into the wrong position. Being honest, I quite lik...

...no, it's disturbing >.>

Sakura is like a downgrade from Shoto characters, but I still enjoy playing as her sometimes even if she sucks according to official tier list.

Arbalest said:
Zangief spammers are worse than Ken spammers. In fact, even the CPU is a spamming bastard when it comes to Zangief.
Lupus said:
Sakura is like a downgrade from Shoto characters, but I still enjoy playing as her sometimes even if she sucks according to official tier list.
If the the so-called "Official Smash Bros Brawl Tier Lists" are anything to go by, tier lists are ******** and don't take into account the skill of the people that use the characters.

Well yeah, I mean Ken is tenth on the tier list, but it's still funny how Sakura players are raging over how low she is. Cammy is sixteenth.

Back