Spring 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

For those wondering about The Heroic Legend of Arslan and Seraph of the End on Viewster, Anime Limited had this to say on Twitter:
Brief update about Arslan & Seraph - our friends @viewster are working on them now and will update when able, sorry for the delay!

How it works is: We sign deals (some exclusive, some to several partners) then deliver materials & the rest is in their hands

Unfortunately sometimes things get in the way after delivery (even if delivered on time) and we're as itchy as you when it happens!

Bonus stuff:
Q: Are you planning on doing more partnerships next season? Even though it's only 3 shows the partnership got the best ones.

A: Definitely will look at more new shows as and when they come up so it wouldn't be surprising :).

The Viewster app is now available on Xbox 360 and coming soon to PS3, so if you want to watch the new simulcasts airing on your console now you can!

As a reminder Viewster has some 'exclusive' (as I call it) titles for the UK so it's worth a look.

NormanicGrav said:
The Viewster app is now available on Xbox 360 and coming soon to PS3, so if you want to watch the new simulcasts airing on your console now you can!

As a reminder Viewster has some 'exclusive' (as I call it) titles for the UK so it's worth a look.
One of my biggest issues with Viewster was that they didn't have a app I could use, and I don't watch anime sitting at my desk so won't be using them, this is a move in the right direction for me but sadly my PS3/360 have been replaced with a PS4/Xbone/Wii U in my TV unit at this point, not sure if I can be bothered hooking up my last gen consoles again just to use Viewster. If I could sub and get rid of the adds then it would be a yes, but as is it's no doubt still a pass from me.

st_owly said:
Looking at the territories, I suspect Shittymax have cock-blocked Rin-ne for the UK.
If by that you mean Kaze, then very likely - it's published on Crunchyroll by ShoPro.
The odd thing is, it is the only thing published on Crunchyroll by ShoPro; they usually use VizAnime, Neon Alley and Hulu etc in the US.

BLOCKED:

Ghost in the Shell: ARISE Alternative Architecture
Site: Funimation
Reason: Unknown but Funimation picked up the rights and most likely have the UK & Ireland rights as well

Lawrence said:
Shiroi Hane said:
st_owly said:
Looking at the territories, I suspect Shittymax have cock-blocked Rin-ne for the UK.
If by that you mean Kaze, then very likely - it's published on Crunchyroll by ShoPro.
The odd thing is, it is the only thing published on Crunchyroll by ShoPro; they usually use VizAnime, Neon Alley and Hulu etc in the US.
Don't Crunchy bid on every title they can? I can only assume the others passed up on Rin-ne or were out bid.
ShoPro is Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions. They own Viz Media so anything they handle is usually a lock for their own services so it strikes me as new/unusual to see them as a publisher on Crunchyroll (although looking further, Shueisha published Gendai Mahou and Bantorra)

Back