Spring 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

Not part of the Spring season but Daisuki will have first dibs on the upcoming anime adaptation of God Eater. Regions are to be confirmed.

UPDATE:

God Eater will be available worldwide excluding China and Japan on Daisuki. That's the first summer title to be announced.

Have to admit I'm kind of disappointed by that, as the character art for that show looks properly awesome - plus it's from Ufotable too, so will probably look incredible.

I've heard a lot about how Daisuke is basically looking to really step up their game now - so imagine we may see them start to retain a lot of key titles that might have once gone to CR or Viewster.

NEW ADDITIONS:

Anime Limited's partnership with Viewster has extended with four more titles joining the streaming service! All additions are Japanese with English subtitles.

Durarara!!
Site: Viewster - Season 1: Episodes 01-24 [12.5 & 25 not included, OVA reasons]

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
Site: Viewster - Season 1: Episodes 01-10

Outlaw Star (Seihou Bukyou Outlaw Star)
Site: Viewster - Complete Series: Episodes 01-26

The Vision of Escaflowne (Tenkuu no Escaflowne)
Site: Viewster - Complete Series: Episodes 01-26

You know, I wonder if we may see the likes of Baccano!, Blood Lad, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Panic!, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Nerima Daikon Brothers, Samurai Flamenco, Space Dandy, Terror in Resonance and Tokyo Ghoul appear on the service someday...

Always good to see older big titles get a streaming deal, so it's nice to have Escaflowne and Outlaw Star added to the lineup. I find it a bit irrelevant whether or not they get Baccano though, as I believe it's still up on Manga's own youtube channel.

I think Baccano is on Funimation's channel subbed, but it would be nice if Viewster got the dub for it, along with other Anime Limited cataloge titles :)

NormanicGrav said:
Buzzkillington said:
Is Viewster still SD only?

It is still unfortunately, but they told me on Twitter that they are working on adding HD within the next couple of months.
Yeah that's good to hear, I do like what they're doing but man it's hard to convince myself, or other people for that matter, to watch in SD in 2015. I'd also still prefer a sub to get rid of ads and a PS4 app would be nice...then again a Crunchyroll PS4 app would be nice too.

I do wonder how sustainable the ad revenue business model actually is, but that's neither here nor there I guess. Hope it all works out and they keep improving as they are building up a nice catalogue, and the guys involved seem pretty decent and open.

I can highly recommend the US account method of obtaining a Crunchyroll PS4 app; I use mine almost every day. Definitely agree on the other comments, though. It's sort of amazing that we have stuff like Hikaru No Go on tap here now, and better ad management would make the site so much more usable. I'd be recommending it to even more people if I knew they wouldn't have to sit through half a dozen identical ads per episode :D

R

BLOCKED:

Amagi Brilliant Park
Site: Crunchyroll
Regions: US and Canada

Robot Girls Z+
Regions: US and Canada, Latin America, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand

EXPIRING SOON (MAY 31ST):

Animator Expo (Nihon Animator Mihonichi) Episodes 1-12:
The Dragon's Teeth
Hill Climb Girl
ME!ME!ME!
Carnage
Yoshikazu Yasuhiko & Ichiro Itano: Collection of Key Animation Films
20min Walk From Nishi-Ogikubo Station, 2 Bedrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, 2mos Deposit, No Pets Allowed
Until you come to me
Tomorrow from there
Denkou Choujin Grid man: boys invent great hero
Yamadeloid
Power Plant No.33
evangelion:Another Impact (Confidential)

Site: Animator Expo

Anohana: The Flowers We Saw That Day
Site: Crunchyroll - US & Canada only

Viewtiful Joe

Wagnaria!!
Site: Crunchyroll - US & Canada only

NormanicGrav said:
BLOCKED:

Amagi Brilliant Park
Regions: US and Canada
Someone finally streams it and this happens...
The publisher is Sentai themselves which probably means they don't have UK rights, although none of the titles published specifically by Sentai are available in the UK.

Buzzkillington said:
NormanicGrav said:
Buzzkillington said:
Is Viewster still SD only?

It is still unfortunately, but they told me on Twitter that they are working on adding HD within the next couple of months.
Yeah that's good to hear, I do like what they're doing but man it's hard to convince myself, or other people for that matter, to watch in SD in 2015. I'd also still prefer a sub to get rid of ads and a PS4 app would be nice...then again a Crunchyroll PS4 app would be nice too.

I do wonder how sustainable the ad revenue business model actually is, but that's neither here nor there I guess. Hope it all works out and they keep improving as they are building up a nice catalogue, and the guys involved seem pretty decent and open.
Didn't realise Viewster was SD Only. Sorta makes me not care for it.

Not sure if this is a glitch or whatever but Medaka Box, Ninja Slayer and Ultimate Otaku Teacher have popped up on UK Viewster. Some othert things have probably popped up but I'm not sure of everything that was there before. =P

Back