Spring 2012

Otaku-san

Chuunibyou
neregate.com-Spring-2012-Anime-v3.1.png

Makes a change me doing this to JPT

I must say there's quite some interesting stuff going on this Spring. An adaption on an old work by Leiji Matsumoto and Saint Seiya, Though I've got my eye's further down the list. Such as P.I.G bringing a Shinning Hearts adaption or Kyo-anis Hyou-ka to Sakamichi no Apollon.

Though I'd more sway to Haiyoru! Nyaruko-san (though should watch those Crazy flashes first), Nazo no Kanojo x (reading the brief you have to ask "why!?") Jormungand and the second season of Zombie Desu ka? (Have to get my ecchi-skecthy out) . Hyou-ka and Acchio Kocchi I'd like to see as well, plus there seems quite a few interesting ones to check out

Also a Strike Witches Movie for all you fellows to get giddy about

PS so watching that Tomas Tank Engine one

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at those I'm interested in:

* Upotte!!
* Accel World
* Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
* Yuyumates
* Saki: Achiga-hen
* Strike Witches movie
* Yamato 2199

I want to watch all these but i might drop some if they suck though i know fate/zero will not suck. The rest i dont know.

Uchuu Kyoudai
Naruto sd rock lee
ginga e kickoff (not sure about this one)
kuroko no basuke
fate/zero
eureka seven ao
zetman
sakamachi no apollon

another ova

niji-iro hotaru movie

These are the ones i'm currently considering, will drop/add some more depending on Randomc's take on it. Plus one or two others that I will watch once I finished their earlier series.

Hyou-ka
Accel World
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Of the dead
Zetman
Tasogare OtomexAmnesia
Hiiro no Kakera
Tsuritama
Sankarea
Sakamichi no Apollon
Nazo no Kanojo X

I don't bother looking at OVAs and Movies, I should probably do so at some point...

Fate/
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Saki: Achiga-hen
Nyarlko
Koreha Zombie Desuka of the dead

maybe
Tsuritama
Shining Hearts
Accel World
Jormungand

Are SHAFT not doing anything or is it still to early to have been announced yet.

Depending in who picks-up what:

Shirokuma Café
Sakamichi no Apollon
Zetman
Kimi to Boku 2
Medaka Box
Jormungand
Eureka Seven AO
Kuroko no Basuke
Uchū Kyōdai

Right, thoughts ahoy:

What I will be watching:

Hyouka - I have no doubt in my mind that Hyouka could be the best looking show of the season but i'm not really enthuastic with Kyoto Ani at the moment. From what i've watched, Nichijou was alright and my interest with anything K-ON has dwindled since the second season finished. Still, with some of the Full Metal Panic team on board, this could be really good.

Fate/Zero S2 - No brainer, I can't wait to continue watching this.

Zombie Desuka S2 - I kinda liked the first season but seeing this as just ten episodes, then this could be really lackluster if not done right.

Uchuu Kyoudai - I'm really interested in this and the PV looks great as well, it looks to be one of those really interesting Space stories that I love, rumor has it that it could be 48+ episodes, we'll soon find out.

Medaka Box - Considering this is a popular on-going manga and it's been animated by Gainax of all studios, it will be worth looking into.

Eureka Seven Ao - I think I watched the first season a year ago, so I can't wait to watch this sequel, I would imagine this would be easily picked up by Crunchyroll or Anime On Demand.

Sakimichi no Apollon - Pretty awesome that I watched Cowboy Bebop back in January, so I have that soundtrack stuck in my head currently, so a story about Jazz music? Sign me up!

Jormungand - Thought is was airing next season and I was wrong, so yeah, White Fox - Steins;Gate. Automatic pickup for me.

Tsuritama - Part of the noitaminA line-up and I like the art style and character models, enough to interest me.

Watching but have low expectations for:

Naruto SD: Rock Lee - Most of us are wondering why this is being made in the first place, if it has a short run-time then I might watch it.

Upotte! - It's Xebec, and by the look of the anime description, it's either going to be enjoyable dumb fun or an unfunny irritating fan-service show, I hope for the former.

Zetmen - Could be a really good looking and interesting show but for some reason, I think it may look a bit too depressing, hopefully i'm wrong.

Haiyore Nyaruko-san - See Upotte!

Sengoku Collection - Not really interested until I saw Brains Base, i'd like to check it out.

Tasogare Otome X Amnesia - For a studio that has made Baka To Test and C³, i'm expecting this to disappoint me, still, i'd like to check it out.

Nazo no Kanojo X's art style appeals to me, but seriously, who the hell decides it would be a good idea to taste someone's spit? There must be more to that than this is lietting me on...

Ginga e Kickoff looks good though, same with Ozuma, Acchi Kocchi, Yurumates and Uchuu Kyoudai.

Upotte!! might be good, but I get the feeling that it's just a show make to exploit the success of Strike Witches.

This force is strong with this season.

Not a great deal stands out to me, unfortunately.

Potentially interesting shows are Ozuma and Zetman, while the strongest pf the bunch appears to be the new Eureka Seven AO anime. Here's hoping the quality of that is closer to the series than the movie. [shudders]

memorium said:
Nazo no Kanojo X's art style appeals to me, but seriously, who the hell decides it would be a good idea to taste someone's spit? There must be more to that than this is lietting me on...
No there isn't.
She was sleeping at her desk, leaves then protagonist notices drool and he decides to taste some on impulse.
They then end up psychicly linked.

I just hope it's done the original art justice, if it has should be awesome.

MaxonTreik said:
This just in: children watch cartoons. News at 10.

Sure children may do, but isn't our argument back to people who brand anime as cartoons for children "no it isn't for the most part"

And to see those titles in a list of anime for spring 2012 is a tad counter productive to that argument, plus i've never seen thomas the tank engine being called anime.

The Rock Lee spin off looks good anyway, will probably hold reservation on the rest of the shows for now, may check them out when i have more free time.

These lists tend to be a bit weird like that, including a jumbled mixture of long running shows and kid shows with no apparent logic. I assume the sudden inclusion of Thomas was to be facetious.

Vanguard and the ilk aren't any more or less kiddy than some of the accepted shows though IMO, like most Shounen Jump titles (and the Naruto spin off). Where do you draw the line? Is Pokemon too kiddy to include? What about Pretty Cure?

On topic I can't be bothered to single out anything for watching other than Fate/Zero as I'm at the mercy of the streaming companies, and I've been in a pessimistic mood about that lately since we've been missing out on some key shows each season which certain other English-speaking regions did have access to ;_;

R

Some decent ching chong cartoons out this season.

Zetman.
Apollon.
Medaka Box.

Are a definite, might watch a few others too. Was considering Uchuu Kyoudai but it's meant to run for a year? **** that.

Rui said:
Vanguard and the ilk aren't any more or less kiddy than some of the accepted shows though IMO, like most Shounen Jump titles (and the Naruto spin off). Where do you draw the line? Is Pokemon too kiddy to include? What about Pretty Cure?

R

Hmm, as i was within the target age range of Pokemon when it broke out years ago i'd say that it hasn't exactly changed much and so should be put into the kids category. I read an article the other day about fans of pokemon complaining that the newer generations seem to be less than mediocre with expectations and that over the years the target audience should have grown up along with the first gen's target audience ages.

The argument back stated that as we had grown up and changed, the pokemon series itself works because of the target audience never changing, generations of fans grow up and leave the target just as the newest generation fans come into the series, keeping that constant target has helped keep them alive this long.

With that in mind we then look at Shounen Shows such as Naruto - the first Naruto series was aimed at a young 12-15 audience and as it seems with shippuden; the show progressed along with the audience demographic. The childish pranks ended and episodes became more sensible.

So for some shows i'd say "valid point being in that anime list" and for others i'd say "western childrens programmes/CGI crap should be in another list all together" (the list without the shows presented in my image would have been fine)

As for Vanguard, its YU-GI-OH all over again, another card game anime thats already been done too many times before.

Back