Spring 2011

Kirrimir

Adventurer
Kirrimir_1292454053.jpg

discuss

Appleseed XIII is about the only thing that jumps out at me there... well, TIGER&BUNNY leaps out at me, but only for how stupid that advertising concept sounds.

I will cautionsly say X-Men and SKET DANCE have my interest.

I've been hugely impressed with SHAFT's works recently but Denpa Onna looks like usual fan-service.

Early days though.

So Applesedd XII is a Production IG joint, eh? And a re-telling of the manga storyline?

Intriguing. I wonder how that'll play out.

Seins;gate
Hyouge mono
SHAFT show
hidan no aria

Hope most of the stuff from winter is 26 ep and still ongoing, nothing realy stands out there yet.

But my preferences are so well hidden.

Somewhat interested in, in order of interest:

Showa Monogatari
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
Hyougemono
Kaminomi 2
Tiger & Bunny

Definite buys:

Gintama (hurrah for its return)
X-Men (I'm sure it will be weak but I have a compulsive X-Men addiction problem and should probably seek help)

Also interested in the xxxHolic thing but I'm still behind on the non-R1 parts of that. It looks to be quite a varied season. Sex Pistols is the kind of thing I'd buy if MB licensed it and slipped it out sub only, but I won't bother seeking it out otherwise.

R

Out of interest, would you describe me more as an 'uke' or 'seme', in your professional opinion, Roy?

OT: None of the titles strike me as must watch. Maybe Deadman Wonderland would be worth it, but the the story was written to impress children, rather than adults...

Well I look forward to the two black lagoon ovas and the HotD one!
I'm surprised by Having S2 of The World Only God Knows already... it wasn't great?

I will probably watch:
Ao No exorcist
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
Moshidora,

I might watch:
Hidan no Aria
Showa Monogatari
Hana-Saku Iroha

Tiger&Bunny, Deadman Wonderland & X-Men I'm probably down for. But only X-Men because I hear Armor is included.

More Yu-Gi-Oh? At least Aion and Spyro will be pleased!

Appleseed
Xxxholic
Black Lagoon
Princess Resurrection
The World God Only Knows

Are the ones to jump out to me. I would like to think the X-men will be decent and I will probably at least give a go to any of the ones showing on Crunchyroll or available from Funimation on a UK stream

Denpa Onna (great LN series from the UsotsukiMiiMaa author + SHAFT), Hana Saku Iroha (PA Works 10th anniversary show), and to some extent SKET DANCE (best series to start in Jump for years) and Steins;Gate are clear top of my list.

Will have to have a better look much later though, since we didn't even start Winter yet, lol. These threads really should be left a bit later.

Stuart-says-yes said:
No-one else is excited about Toriko :( but its the most manly thing since TTGL, I mean nothings more manly than hunting and killing the food you eat with your bare hands.

I may watch it in the hope it features gratuitous scenes involving giraffes being dismembered by hand.

This has also reminded me I've watched next to nothing from the last couple of seasons. The mention of Applesed has piqued my interest a little, especially as I'm assuming they aren't using that awful CGI again, as has the realisation I get to read Zac's previews on ANN again. Good times.

Appleseed XIII and the next Black Lagoon OVA are the only certainties for me, nothing else jumps out at the moment so I guess it's wait and see for the rest.

Back