Spring 2011

Jayme said:
What's up with the semi-colon becoming popular in anime? I thought it was a sequel to ChäoS;HEAd, but it appears it is not.
It's just trying to take back some ground from the exclamation mark, which has been rather running away with the battle this last year or so.

And now I'm getting more excited about the noitaminA show "C".

Website here. Live streamed announcement of noitamina's 2011 gubbins coming on the 7th of January, should be good.

Exactly. If it actually does attempt to tackle issues relating to the economic situation of the last few years then I can't wait to see it.

Okay the ones that I have interest in.

Moshidora - No one knows whether this count as a winter or spring anime. Starts in March so I guess that spring but that is a very odd time to start a debut broadcast of an anime. Production IG should do a good job, so this might turn out to be good though not so sure what to expect.

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa nai - Looks a lot like Shuffle! this could be decent. I still say that Normad are an underated anime studio production.
Hopefully this will be more like Shuffle! and less like Queenblade or Qwaser.

Showa Monogatari - It is suppose to be the first anime to be aimed at senoirs. This could be a fun show. I just hope there is not too much old japanese refences or that will bore me out.

30-Sai no Haiken Taiku - This might be good for the sex jokes. Not expecting too much in story development though.

Denpa - Well it is Shaft so I expect it to end up being weird. Probably not as weird as another anime.

Hanasaku - Defenately the best art I have see for a while. Though the may not have a huge plot like K-on. I see a lot of potential in this show. Don't know what to expect but PA have been working hard and after seeing the trailer I am already sold.

I think you mean "starts in March, so I guess that's Winter". "Spring" starts in April, as far as anime release schedules are concerned, and Moshidora will only be running for two weeks.

Spring-2011-v3.jpg

Health & Physical Education for 30 year olds > Totally.

Kaiji 2 > Absolutely

Dororon Enma-kun > Maybe.

[Unexpected show that awesome] > After a while.

watching:
Seins;Gate,
the two SHAFT shows,
the 2 Manglobe shows,
and the KyoAni show.

Not sure about:
the xebec shows
NoitaminA shows
and the PA Works one.

My god that season looks bad, I'm having to pick by studio as it's all same-y moeblob crap.

I do like moe, but that season is overkill.
I'd have to watch 23 shows (not counting anything ongoing) if I used it alone as a selection method. That's over 9 hours per week, I'd die!!
Of the 11 I listed 10 are moe shows, and the other could be (if we have someone troll with the character models again, like with fractale).

Between Kaiji S2, Deadman Wonderland and Appleseed, I'd consider that a pretty strong season, personally.

Still interested in C, although perhaps less so now that they've shown some of the artwork. The description also makes it sound like a guide to taking out a bank loan.

I'm morbidly curious about the "Health & Physical Education" thing as well, if only to gawp at the trainwreck.

I like the sound of Cardboard War Chronicles, Showa Story and Sket Dance but I'm incredibly doubtful that I'll be able to make it past the first episode of any.

Back