Sony looking to launch their Animax anime channel in the UK

Animo said:
Yeah its great that Animax is ment to be comming to the UK. But I dont think that it will last very long if it only shows anime and I dont think Sony will stick with it if it isnt pulling in the viewers.

Stop trying to dash the hopes of the anime community.

But there is a huge number of anime fans in the uk now so it may just be a succes

Conan-san said:
harkins said:
Call me a pessmist but I can't help but feel this is another false dawn.
I can see where your coming from with that, what with Naruto being an unlitigated disaster on Jetix (The boxsets are fine, Jetix can go burn in a ditch for what I care), CNX and all sorts.

Yeah, it's going to be a bit of wait here, cuz, I don't want to be the one to say the war is over only to be Bombed in the face.

i dont get it i thought naruto was a success in jetix!!! i luv watching o jetix!!!
is it coz of da dubbing

mizz_angelic_fairy said:
Conan-san said:
harkins said:
I can see where your coming from with that, what with Naruto being an unlitigated disaster on Jetix (The boxsets are fine, Jetix can go burn in a ditch for what I care), CNX and all sorts.

Yeah, it's going to be a bit of wait here, cuz, I don't want to be the one to say the war is over only to be Bombed in the face.

i dont get it i thought naruto was a success in jetix!!! i luv watching o jetix!!!
is it coz of da dubbing

what did he say?

is it so hard to speak english on these forums today?

anyway, i really don't see why people are moaning about not enough anime on tv yet when a channel comes offering anime it's put down as "not going to succeed"

make up your minds already :D

Ryo Chan said:
mizz_angelic_fairy said:
Conan-san said:
harkins said:

is it coz of da dubbing

what did he say?

anyway, i really don't see why people are moaning about not enough anime on tv yet when a channel comes offering anime it's put down as "not going to succeed"

Hey i wouldn't knock the forum this is probably one of a few forums where the people speak English and aren't grammar obsessed.

Anyway i deal with the people on the Intranet a lot.

I do not get it i thought naruto was a success on jetix i like watching it on jetix becuase of the dubbing.

X_nick_X said:
Ryo Chan said:
mizz_angelic_fairy said:
Conan-san said:
harkins said:

is it coz of da dubbing

what did he say?

Hey i wouldn't knock the forum this is probably one of a few forums where the people speak English and aren't grammar obsessed.

Anyway i deal with the people on the Intranet a lot.

I do not get it i thought naruto was a success on jetix i like watching it on jetix becuase of the dubbing.

i'm not knocking the forums, it just seems to have cropped up today. Generally people who use 1337/txt speak don't do it because of grammer, but because they are too lazy to type

This really is great, we shouldn't really be optimistic until it's definate though. It could be a huge let down, but I doubt it.
Woot for Sony!

Pomtry said:
Animo said:
Yeah its great that Animax is ment to be comming to the UK. But I dont think that it will last very long if it only shows anime and I dont think Sony will stick with it if it isnt pulling in the viewers.

Stop trying to dash the hopes of the anime community.

But there is a huge number of anime fans in the uk now so it may just be a succes

She is right, it may not last very long. The UK isn't ready for a full dedicated Anime channel.

And you lot seem to think too optimistic about it, think about the possibilities of the bad side.

If you can't, you will end up being heart-broken

Honestly? The smart thing Sony can do at this point is try to get as many licences as possible.
The missed stuff like The gundam saga [Hell, G gundam, get something that isn't boged down by politics, ditto Superor Defender if they can get Season 2], the .hack series and so on and for bonus points, rub it stright onto Turner UK's faces by airing IGPX.

Of course, Airing Astroboy, Cyborg 009 and Blood+ would also not go unapreciated.

Conan-san said:
Honestly? The smart thing Sony can do at this point is try to get as many licences as possible.
The missed stuff like The gundam saga [Hell, G gundam, get something that isn't boged down by politics, ditto Superor Defender if they can get Season 2], the .hack series and so on and for bonus points, rub it stright onto Turner UK's faces by airing IGPX.

Of course, Airing Astroboy, Cyborg 009 and Blood+ would also not go unapreciated.

i think they already have the license for Cyborg 009, Astroboy and .hack.
because i remember those shows being aired on Animax when i watched it last year in India.
although that may be a license to air in South Asia but i doubt it would be hard for them to air it in the UK since those were in english uncut dub form.

Yeah, but that's South Asia, the UK is a whole diffrent ball game where own goals count for you and the players ride on banana pigs and no one quite know what in the good name of George Washington Christ what is happening.

Conan-san said:
Yeah, but that's South Asia, the UK is a whole diffrent ball game where own goals count for you and the players ride on banana pigs and no one quite know what in the good name of George Washington Christ what is happening.

Conan - san, you are a huge pessimist...

Chrono Demon said:
Conan-san said:

What can I say? I'm the guy on the mountian before the goat that tells you "Hey, watch the goat, it's a tenatious bastard" and sees you geting punted off the mountan and tisks, "Told you he was a tenatious bastard."

Conan-san said:
Chrono Demon said:
Conan-san said:

What can I say? I'm the guy on the mountian before the goat that tells you "Hey, watch the goat, it's a tenatious bastard" and sees you geting punted off the mountan and tisks, "Told you he was a tenatious bastard."

Your like this all the time, chin up old chap :cry:

Well anyway I think the best thing is to just wait until there is more information. I have to say though this is the closest news to us getting an anime channel an I hope we do. I just don't want to be too optimistic just yet because I have seen a lot of jinxes in the past.

Well if they get a range of shows, and advertise i magazines, on other channels etc they might bring in quite a few people to the channel, they have the money to back such a campaign.

I wouldnt mind seeing shows such as DBZ, Mushishi, Blood+, Utawarerumono, Berserk, Bleach, Naruto, FMP, FMA, Ghost in the Shell, .Hack etc.

Possibly a far far stretch, Monster :D

I seriously dout that it will be aired on the channel :(

Mainly because of the fact if the channel gets put on the kids channels there is no chance that it will be shown. Also berserk is not one of those anime that gets as much credit as it should do.

Back