Sony looking to launch their Animax anime channel in the UK

Of course, I will assume my given position of the overtly causious "Been here before" guy.

Ahem

Yes, this sounds too good to be true at the moment, I'm not leting up untill something pops up on Sky's channel scans.
Also, it better not cost...wait for it...599 us dollaras! Hohohooh, I made a funny.

Yes, this sounds too good to be true at the moment, I'm not leting up untill something pops up on Sky's channel scans.

Yes same goes for me too.

I won go jumping the gun yet until when it is over!

Xelis said:
Sony is doing awesome at the moment, PS3, this channel, hopefully they'll bring out a OS soon to get rid of microsoft once and for all.

SonyOS would run on only Sony hardware and would only support BluRay and MiniDisc.

Xelis said:
Sony is doing awesome at the moment, PS3, this channel, hopefully they'll bring out a OS soon to get rid of microsoft once and for all.

yes this channel may just make up for sony's failier in the gaming and pc industry
:D

harkins said:
Call me a pessmist but I can't help but feel this is another false dawn.
I can see where your coming from with that, what with Naruto being an unlitigated disaster on Jetix (The boxsets are fine, Jetix can go burn in a ditch for what I care), CNX and all sorts.

Yeah, it's going to be a bit of wait here, cuz, I don't want to be the one to say the war is over only to be Bombed in the face.

I was taking a look sky and virgins shares and sony(assuming there the ones running the channel)don't appear to have any shares in either.

Or though it's just a rumor i wouldn't put it down yet at the moment there a huge gap in the market for Japaneses animation.

It would take a big company with a lot of financial backing the pull it of intro animax :D

This is the ULTIMATE news i have ever heard. back in January i was hoping for this channel to come over here, but i thought it would never happen. But now i am hopeful and i have the full sky package but this as a Free view channel could be awesome. i could watch non-stop anime in my room. Woo for the EU.
Animax_logo.jpg

I like it very much this news erá of hoping that sooner or later it was coming for a channel on Animes.

I hope that Animax's Channel comes soon to Spain.

I wait that if they do series as Naruto, Dragon Ball Z or someone other Anime known for my is totally original and do not do inventions.

That the translations are identical with original series and do not invent technique that do not exist.

And not to the censorship. That already we are mayorcitos some. The children already have his tv of drawings. :roll: :D

This is the ULTIMATE news i have ever heard. back in January i was hoping for this channel to come over here, but i thought it would never happen. But now i am hopeful and i have the full sky package but this as a Free view channel could be awesome. i could watch non-stop anime in my room. Woo for the EU.

Yes I renember that rumour about that a couple of months ago but then they said they were only interested in central europe at the tiime. I hope we will recieve a proper anime channel really soon so I gonner coss my fingers right now.

In true the industry of manga has been increasing really rapidly every library and bookshop in london all have some amount of pile of mangas. If this was 3 or 4 years ago I dont think I would have been able to find any. I dont know how good the anime industry is in the UK but it will get there.

I guess it's too much to ask for it to be on Freeview. I can't even get Sky or Freeview at my house, so I'll just have to get Sky when I move.

Link100p said:
Bah. If it isn't BBC I don't care. I hate advertising in programs.

I hate adverts in the middle of Scrubs, gets to the deep part the episode and the advents cut in and destroys the moment.

On topic.
I do hope the show DBZ, Ive had a sudden urge to watch DBZ again lately, but with my quickly depleteing money and Funi's cock ups i dont have much access to it. :(

I can guarantee it won't be free on either Sky, or Virgin, and it's a channel all of it's own so forget the BBC, or ITV, or any terrestrials unless there is a time lease deal where they turn over thir channel to Sony at certain times of the night like those gawdawful phone in scam.. I mean game shows. I can say it won't happen but I got a better chance hitting the lottery twice in a row. :wink:

Mohawk52 said:
I can guarantee it won't be free on either Sky, or Virgin, and it's a channel all of it's own so forget the BBC, or ITV, or any terrestrials unless there is a time lease deal where they turn over thir channel to Sony at certain times of the night like those gawdawful phone in scam.. I mean game shows. I can say it won't happen but I got a better chance hitting the lottery twice in a row. :wink:

and how can u guarantee that? do you work for them ^^

the only pay to watch TV channels i've ever seen on sky are the box office, Sports and a few crappy music ones

Ryo Chan said:
Mohawk52 said:

and how can u guarantee that? do you work for them ^^

the only pay to watch TV channels i've ever seen on sky are the box office, Sports and a few crappy music ones
Erm, if you don't pay for a subscription you won't even get CN, or Jetix mate. It's common sense. Sony is a Big Corporation. It does nothing for free. It's not Rapture TV. :wink:

Back