Sony looking to launch their Animax anime channel in the UK

RaptureTV ain't on freeview either and to be frank paying for one of these services isn't worth it because there's nothing on the channels you're paying for anyway except for maybe one or two shows.

Probably why DVD sales are so good right now.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
RaptureTV ain't on freeview either and to be frank paying for one of these services isn't worth it because there's nothing on the channels you're paying for anyway except for maybe one or two shows.

Probably why DVD sales are so good right now.
Yeah but if you hadn't payed for a subscription on a Sky box, it's effectively turned into a freeview box that one could only see what was free without subscription. Rapture was one of those before it got itself pulled off the EPG, and anyway one can still see it for free on the "other channels" section on the Service button. So it's still a "free" channel. Animax will not be, believe it.

Mohawk52 said:
Ryo Chan said:
Mohawk52 said:
I can guarantee it won't be free on either Sky, or Virgin, and it's a channel all of it's own so forget the BBC, or ITV, or any terrestrials unless there is a time lease deal where they turn over thir channel to Sony at certain times of the night like those gawdawful phone in scam.. I mean game shows. I can say it won't happen but I got a better chance hitting the lottery twice in a row. :wink:

and how can u guarantee that? do you work for them ^^

the only pay to watch TV channels i've ever seen on sky are the box office, Sports and a few crappy music ones
Erm, if you don't pay for a subscription you won't even get CN, or Jetix mate. It's common sense. Sony is a Big Corporation. It does nothing for free. It's not Rapture TV. :wink:

sry i figured u ment extra channels that u have to pay seperate for, while i ment people who already have a full sky sub

Hope it's free with a standard sky sub, of coarse I would be willing to pay a little extra for it, the sky+ will be working overtime lol

You'll probably get it with a package.

Only certian music channels and sky sports etc you pay for.

Besides in asia i don't think you have to pay for it.

On *cough* Wikipedia *cough* that its launched in some countries ; that means its european launch has begun. does anyone know whats happening with them. could be the same for us.

jayme12345 said:
On *cough* Wikipedia *cough* that its launched in some countries ; that means its european launch has begun. does anyone know whats happening with them. could be the same for us.

tbf i trust wiki about as much as i trush iran with nukes

Thats not even Txt speak.
its just the disability to spell at all; with some 1337.
Internet browsers tend to even put a red line under words that aren't spelled right,

YaGetMeBruv

Stop speaking gibberish about Text speak... I do not know what the heck you're saying.

Also, finally they care about the UK. Since when anyone care about the UK.

Anyway, finally more anime to watch on TV. So YAY to me.

Oh wait, don't build your hopes up. Like the last time, they going to break our spirits and we have to go back to our DVDs and run down anime. Oh, and Totally Spies O.O

Chrono Demon said:
Stop speaking gibberish about Text speak... I do not know what the heck you're saying.

Also, finally they care about the UK. Since when anyone care about the UK.

Anyway, finally more anime to watch on TV. So YAY to me.

Oh wait, don't build your hopes up. Like the last time, they going to break our spirits and we have to go back to our DVDs and run down anime. Oh, and Totally Spies O.O

people keep saying we've been down this road already but apart from GXT and adult swim name 1 other channel that has even hinted about having anime on it but didn't in the past 5 years?

Even when Animax was first launched from England, Sony said they were looking to launch it here, and here we are.

The one thing that does concern me is the licences. For example Animax shwos inuyasha but the rights to that are owned by GXT

But they may up altering the channel, so it won't be full anime but at least up to a certain percentage of anime on TV.

I bet you Animax won't survive, not a lot of people don't even know what anime is

Chrono Demon said:
But they may up altering the channel, so it won't be full anime but at least up to a certain percentage of anime on TV.

I bet you Animax won't survive, not a lot of people don't even know what anime is

maybe not but lets face it, at this moment in time we'd take any ammount of anime on TV

even if it's just 2 shows

I looked up animax on google news and if it did come to the uk these would probaly be seen on it.

Talks are on to launch the channel in the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain and France, with mobile content based on shows like Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gravitation in the pipeline.

Yeah its great that Animax is ment to be comming to the UK. But I dont think that it will last very long if it only shows anime and I dont think Sony will stick with it if it isnt pulling in the viewers.

Back