Songs you like and dislike at this moment in time.

Love:
No, I Won't Watch Dawson's Creak With You - The Urbana Youth Outreach vs Stunt Rock

Hate:
That tune where that nonce shouts "put your hands up for Detroit"
I can't stand it. Drives me nuts

Tessai said:
Hate:
That tune where that nonce shouts "put your hands up for Detroit"
I can't stand it. Drives me nuts

I am sorry to say that when I'm out with the lads having a few drinks I love that song. I do feel bad about it though.

Love: First Chance I Get I Am Licensing This Track To A Car Commercial Or Video Game, So F*ck You And Your No Sell Out, Anti-Establishment Posturing, Or Some Such In Your Face Remark Of That Sort - Stunt Rock

Music I would normally hate but for some strange reason I find myself liking:

Með Blóðnasir - Sigur Rós
Hoppípolla - Sigur Rós (dont like the vocals though. could do with an instrumental)

love that song. I do feel bad about it though.
Just so long as you do :wink:

Blimey i havent listened to commercial music in years, pop/indie/emo music now all seems to sound too similar so i just gave up in listening to teen angst songs.

And i used to be into alot of indie music, but its kind of ironic how "indie" now has a sound insted of being more independant underground music that you would only hear on John Peel's show.

Currently Loving:

Metal: Nile - Execration Text
Jpop: Harench Punch - Doki! Doki! My Sister Soul

Currently Hating:

Anything by fall out boy and panic at the disco.

Marty Friedman - Elixir

Looking forward to listening to the whole of Loudspeaker.

Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap and Pull the Wires From the Wall by The Delgados are also being played a lot currently.

I'm loving the Holloway's 'Generator' even though it's nothing more than a prolonged chorus...

Hating Razorlight's new song... "Right, we need to write a new album before everyone gets bored/forgets about us... what shall we write this song about? I know let's make it appeal to our friends over the pond and call it America!" (I know that's probably not actually true but hey you know what I mean, the main reason I don't like it is cos I like catchy songs and I can't really hum that one...)

At the moment I like:

Utada Hikaru - Sanctuary
I've been playing on repeat non-stop for the past hour and a half - such a great song!

And hate:

Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober
It took them over 3 years to make this?! The music actually sounds okay, but Amy Lee destroys it with her Kelly Clarkson singing and pathetic teen girl angst lyrics (who the Hell rhymes 'me' with 'me' 3 times in a chorus?!). Absolute rubbish!

Currently hooked on My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade - I love it when this comes on Radio One always makes me smile

Jetsam said:
And hate:

Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober
It took them over 3 years to make this?! The music actually sounds okay, but Amy Lee destroys it with her Kelly Clarkson singing and pathetic teen girl angst lyrics (who the Hell rhymes 'me' with 'me' 3 times in a chorus?!). Absolute rubbish!

I no opinions are opinions, but that hit a nerve :p. Amy Lee has the most beautiful voice ever, Kelly Clarkson has nothing on her, as for the lyrics, not brilliant but catchy :).

Anyways.

Song I love: Avril Lavigne - Nobodys Home, Thought id give her music another listen as I was feeling in the mood for her type of music and now its stuck with me for however long this phase lasts.

Song I hate: I have no particular song mainly because I dont listen to what I know I wont like :roll: Therefor not having a song I dont like.

^^ Okay, maybe it's just the beginning, chorus and the part 2/3 way through I really despise - and the end with the mocking laugh. The parts in between are fine enough - nothing special though. And I swear she now sounds like Kelly Clarkson, during the beginning at least. The first time I hear it I thought they had confused it with a Kelly Clarkson song, or another song by some temporary American pop/rnb singer.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Fallen. I downloaded all the other songs and loved each one, but having to wait over 3 years for this - what went wrong?! She just sounds like she's wining most of the time. And it really doesn't help that she rhymes - and I counted properly this time - 'me' with 'me' 5 times! I hope the rest of the album isn't like this, or if it is that there's a copy without the singing.

I just don't get genres unless they are blatently obvious... so I just don't care! :lol:

Loving today:
Yoko Kanno - Hounds
Apocalyptica - Ruska
Theatres Des Vampires - Lunatic Asylum
David Bowie - Glass Spider
Exodus - Scar Spangled Banner
Bruce Dickinson - Chemical Wedding
The Brilliant Green - That Boy Waits For Me

Rukario said:
McIcy said:
Currently hooked on My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade
... isn't that like... emo?

Rarrghh its just music, don't judge people on it.

Call me when your Sober is a great song! x_x

Song I love: I'll Fly with you (blah blah remix) - Gigi D'Agistino, mine and Phil's song *Goes into lovey dovey trance* Its hard not to love ^_^

Song I hate: Chamillionare - Ridin' Dirty or something like that, for gods sake could they make something which requires actual talent??? x__x

loving - Kimi ga Tame - Suara (Utawarerumono)

I'm feeling a little depressed atm and for some reason listening to sad music helps me (not emo, sad)

hate - anything by korn atm

My Chemical Romance is now emo? That genre seems to have changed quite a bit in the last ten years, I remember when it was mostly straight edge punk bands...

Back