Songs you like and dislike at this moment in time.

IFrom the best I can make out, emo is punk with whiney boy vocals. Just the same as any woman in a metal band makes them gothic metal. Lord it's odd. Not as odd as Opeth being labled as 'Evil Jesus Folk Metal' though.

Ryo Chan said:
I'm feeling a little depressed atm and for some reason listening to sad music helps me (not emo, sad)
It's an odd thing, but i find exactly the same myself.

Ever heard or listened to any Tindersticks?, particularily their II album - I've found them strangely cathartic when I've been down in a hole - can't go anywhere near it at any other time - it's just too damn depressing!

Hope you're feeling more cheery soon :wink:

Song I like: MSI - Shut me Up (Nothing like hard rock in the morning xD)

Song I hate: Lil' Chris - Checkin' it out (Not only can this kid not sing, he beat EVANESCENCE in the charts!!! X_X WHY do people have no taste and would prefer to listen to a midgit chav kid trying to sound cool rather than a rock goth goddess sing about something that means something to her?!?!...I REALLY hate this song x_x)

Xelis said:
Jetsam said:
And hate:

Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober
It took them over 3 years to make this?! The music actually sounds okay, but Amy Lee destroys it with her Kelly Clarkson singing and pathetic teen girl angst lyrics (who the Hell rhymes 'me' with 'me' 3 times in a chorus?!). Absolute rubbish!

I no opinions are opinions, but that hit a nerve :p. Amy Lee has the most beautiful voice ever, Kelly Clarkson has nothing on her, as for the lyrics, not brilliant but catchy :).

Agreed Amy Lee has a stunning voice

Mini-Mariah said:
Song I like: MSI - Shut me Up (Nothing like hard rock in the morning xD)

Song I hate: Lil' Chris - Checkin' it out (Not only can this kid not sing, he beat EVANESCENCE in the charts!!! X_X WHY do people have no taste and would prefer to listen to a midgit chav kid trying to sound cool rather than a rock goth goddess sing about something that means something to her?!?!...I REALLY hate this song x_x)
Thankfully I dont follow the charts anymore, since even crazy frog can get to number one its nothing major anymore. Plus all the stuff I listen to doesnt enter the charts much, unless its Green Day who stole every award in 04/05 :lol:, cants wait for their next album so they can take more award of people who dont deserve them :roll:.

OMG, I forgot about Lil Chris.

I feel like I should hate that song, but it's stuck in my head...I LOVE it! (h)

And comparing Kelly Clarkson to Evanescence is an awful thing to do!

Kelly is SOOO much better. ;)

Rather Liking:
Couple of things to recently enter my musical radar if anyone's heard of them -
Field Music - In context - newish band to add to the current clutch coming out of the North East
Koop - Koop Island Blues - difficult to pigeon hole - jazzy-electronica-hiphop?

Heard both on 6music of late, and possibly other internet radio sources aswell - hard to keep track of where you hear things.

Perpetually hating:
99% of all pop tunes that get hijacked and used on adverts - you might have even liked the tune to begin with but you end up thinking its the work of satan - as for tunes that were annoying to begin with...

Rukario said:
Since when was Slayer used in adverts?
Ahh...if only!
Perhaps that would make them more watchable.

Perhaps 'the work of satan' was a bad reference - afterall, doesn't he have all the best tunes?

When I'm at wrk and feeling bored or wanna go to sleep I can't get Elusive by Scott Matthews outta my head. So soothing.

Also fallen in Love with Welcome to the Black parade by My Chemical Romance. I wasn't a fan of My Chemical Romance but this song has swung me around and made me take notice of them. Particulalry with the White Stripes influences seeping in and a definate Jack White meets metal.

Dislikes at the mo include In my Car by Hasselhoff sleazy man ><

Chris Maxwell said:
Also fallen in Love with Welcome to the Black parade by My Chemical Romance. I wasn't a fan of My Chemical Romance but this song has swung me around and made me take notice of them. Particulalry with the White Stripes influences seeping in and a definate Jack White meets metal.

Dislikes at the mo include In my Car by Hasselhoff sleazy man ><

Totally Agree with both comment, The Black Parade is a great song and an amazing video.

Hassellhoff is just creepy, especially in that video

Currently hooked on the Lost Prophets album, bought it this week. Soon to be hooked on the Evanescence album, just waiting for it to be delivered

im replaying Day Of Fire - Cornerstone alot at moment. for some reason im really likeing Christian Rock music at the moment... dont ask me why tho.

Love:
Thing that turn into the exact opposite of what you want - Stuntrock

I'm working out so I can fight off people that may try to prevent me from killing myself - Stuntrock

Aqap - Venetian snares

Hate:
America - Razorlight (my mate wont stop listening to it)

Back