So whats your desktop?

DesktopCHUNLIIII.jpg

What i can't post my papers, there to supreme..oh lol ok then:
I couldn't find exactly what i could use:
a415cd7de9994e05d701ead13f80a4d7e17b7e19.jpg

oh and this is for BlackWolf
c3fe903099585fee7a0cb5b6816e2a766eac0c95.jpg

believe me that the one i got is verygood, i just don't feel like taking a shot, plus its only on one of my other Desktops

Well since there's been no posts in here for a whole month now, might as well post up my current desktop.

1ihqts.png

Not as neat and minimal as some of my recent ones but I couldn't resist that wallpaper.

It's most probable that there's a wide, slow tractor going the other way just around the bend. Fun with awkward reversing to the closest passing point will ensue.

Though i'm not sure where that photo was taken; I know that over here in Wales, tractors always choose much narrower roads with high hedges on either side. Just to make it that little bit more difficult to outsiders entering their countryside.

Maltos said:
Though i'm not sure where that photo was taken; I know that over here in Wales, tractors always choose much narrower roads with high hedges on either side. Just to make it that little bit more difficult to outsiders entering their countryside.

Damn right!

miscs said:
Spyro201 said:
miscs said:
Going to try and stop being such a huuuuuuge lurker

Starting with this.

Ah, a Ubuntu user eh?

I'm thinking of dual booting with it. Would you reccomend it?

I only dual booted ubuntu 2-3days ago and I can honestly say I'm never going to willing go back to windows!

Highly recommend you do it! And If you need any help once you got it installed you can ask me even if I am a bit of noob lol.

It does everything I want it to do:

Browse the web
Type documents with office software
Check my e-mail
Talk on I'm
And of course watching anime/reading manga :)

Such a simple install too it detected my Internet connection so I was automatically online too. Plus is has boot times which are absolutely sexual! Takes 47 seconds on my 7 year old laptop to be Completely loaded!

Now run install it now!

Oh almost forgot...NO VIRUSES. WIN lol!

Mhm see, i've heard that getting on the internet can be a pain in the **** which puts me off, obviously i've gotta try first though.

I chat on MSN, being a windows program i'm not sure how it'll be. If you could screenshot what Pidgeon looks like i'd appreciate it. Thing is, I want something nice on the eyes for my general browsing. I'll still be using Windows for my Gaming and Photoshopping, it's just a question of do I go Ubuntu dual-boot, or Vista 64 dual-boot.

miscs said:
Getting on the internet was extremely easy it already detected my network and connected to it the first time I turned it on. For my laptop I just had to enter the WEP key and it was good to go.
after. I love its interface it has loads and loads of glorious eye candy, IF that's what you want.

This applies to the whole post, just it was long so i've shortened it :)

I'm not entirely sure about what a WEP key is :lol: See, i'm not bad with computers but, when it comes to internet, I just get annoyed. It's a wireless network which I hear can be troublesome.

Ubuntu is wholey intended to be something really nice on the eyes to me. No one can deny that Vista looks alot nicer than XP with it's nicve fading menus and transparent borders etc. etc. however, if with Ubuntu I can do better, that's great.

As for messenger etc- I just want something pretty. Again, i've got a pretty high end PC, I don't mind using it properly by putting all nice effects on- it's just Ubuntu/Linux as a whole seem quite awkward to use compared to windows.

I heard CompizFusion is goodfor my desktop stuff. I can set up a nice Cube, get windows that burn/disintergrate/+more on closing/minimising.

Lack of Virus' is also a plus since i'm using it for browsing :)

Back