So, what's for lunch?

My friends and I made another trek to the local ramen shop last night for supper. I ordered my usual appetizer of takoyaki, some honey dew bubble tea with the black tapioca pearls on the bottom, and this time around I got the Spicy Seafood Ramen. There were 4 huge scallops, 6 jumbo shrimp, and crab meat in this ramen, and I spiced it up even more with the vial of hot pepper mix they had at the table, so it was extra 'toasty,' just the way I like it! Those takoyaki octopus balls are to die for; they literally melt in your mouth, and they give off a wonderfully strong fishy smell when they set them down in front of you. Mmm, so good!

takoyaki1.jpg

takoyaki2.jpg

seafoodramen.jpg

Last edited:
I have a few new food photos to add from just the last two days - I've been on a big feeding frenzy, lol... On Friday I went to check out a new pizza shop a few miles from my work for lunch, and I had two huge slices of anchovy pizza just the way i like it, all loaded up, along with an order of curly fries:

biganchoviepizza.jpg

Then Saturday Morning I had a yummy toasted "everything" bagel with cream cheese and lox, and I even found some "everything" lox to put on, uh, everything:

bagellox1.jpg

bagellox2.jpg

And finally, last night my three friends and I went back to the Noodle Shack to get ramen again, and I had my usual takoyaki appetizer, mango bubble tea, and Tonkatsu Ramen - disappointedly, they have reduced their serving of takoyaki from six balls to four (maybe larger balls than before?), but still very good - I love sucking on octopus balls! I brought my own little vial of hot peepers with me to spice up my meal this time - that's some dried Carolina Reaper pepper(!) - so just 4-6 of those little flakes is enough to get that entire bowl of ramen searing hot! Mmm!
takoyaki1.jpg

ramenbowl.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 27273
Chicken sunday roast. Apart from the swede and cauliflower, everything else was cooked in the air fryer.

What? You ate a Swede? Did you Finn-ish it all up? Topped with a little Norse-radish sauce? Have a piece of Danish on the side?

(just a little Scandinavian humor there, I suppose, from some dumb Amurican who has no idea what swede is - had to look it up, lol) ;)

What? You ate a Swede? Did you Finn-ish it all up? Topped with a little Norse-radish sauce? Have a piece of Danish on the side?

(just a little Scandinavian humor there, I suppose, from some dumb Amurican who has no idea what swede is - had to look it up, lol) ;)
i love this, the boldness of it, the fact you have no idea what a swede is yet still go for the full fun-making, bravo indeed

swede is very good, you should try it for sure

today I made mushroom on toast for lunch
its very easy
you fry the mushroom with butter and salt on highest heat, they let out water, then when it evaporates, they will brown. stir a lot and keep an eye on it

then i put parsley and pepper, on buttered toast, super fast, cheap and good

nice, mushroom is good, one favourite mushroom recipe i know is mushroom risotto

risotti has a reputation for being difficult, but it's not true.the only thing you need is to pay attention. you stay with it and add the liquid gradually, and it is no problem,. not difficult, only requires attention and then you get a very good meal that is easy, cheap and impresses well

Chinese tonight for supper for us over here in the US too! My oldest Daughter and her fiance were visiting, so we ordered out. I had beef lo mein, fried rice, egg roll, and egg drop/wonton combination soup. My daughter brought us some huge, fresh-baked croissant rolls from a bakery, and her fiance made us some Mexican hot cocoa, so we had both of those for dessert.

Back