So, what's for lunch?

It does look horrendous, but thats not what this is you dont order this in a restaurant

This is you are at home and you want some food that is gonna be damn tasty and gonna knock up together in no time with some cupboard essentials

Absolutely certified patrician

So maybe this looks a bit more appetizing to Gemsy - My friend and I went to the Noodle Shack earlier this evening for some more ramen, and I decided to try the beef Udon bowl this time around, and my friend got the Tonkatsu Ramen - wow, the Udon bowl was huge, twice the size of the ramen bowl, so I only ate half the bowl and took the rest home for a second meal tomorrow. I also got my usual side of Tako Yaki, and a melon bubble tea, but I had finished off the octopus balls before the Udon was served, so only a plate full of sauces remained, at far left:

udonbowl1.jpg

udonbowl2.jpg

So maybe this looks a bit more appetizing to Gemsy - My friend and I went to the Noodle Shack earlier this evening for some more ramen, and I decided to try the beef Udon bowl this time around, and my friend got the Tonkatsu Ramen - wow, the Udon bowl was huge, twice the size of the ramen bowl, so I only ate half the bowl and took the rest home for a second meal tomorrow. I also got my usual side of Tako Yaki, and a melon bubble tea, but I had finished off the octopus balls before the Udon was served, so only a plate full of sauces remained, at far left:

udonbowl1.jpg

udonbowl2.jpg
I'd have the Udon and Ramen but i wouldn't touch the octopus, as i don't like it (in fact i'm not a fan of seafood in general).

We've recently had a Japanese restaurant open up in the next town, that i'd love to go to. Unfortunately none of my friends are into Japanese food.

udonbowl1.jpg

udonbowl2.jpg

...I love how the bubble tea cups have faces on the top 🤣 🤣 🤣

...I love how the bubble tea cups have faces on the top 🤣 🤣 🤣

I haven't figured out how those bubble tea cups are actually made though, kind of a mystery to me - they look like they are a commercially-made product shipped to the store for sale, but then there is unmelted ice inside them too, so I guess they must make them up right there in the restaurant and then have some sort of machine to seal them with the happy face covers. I don't think they are applied by hand because the covers are stretched tight as a drum like a factory seal, so strong you can't pull them off, you can only pierce them with the straws. I'll just have to ask the waiter the next time I eat there.

Last edited:
I haven't figured out how those bubble tea cups are actually made though, kind of a mystery to me - they look like they are a commercially-made product shipped to the store for sale, but then there is unmelted ice inside them too, so I guess they must make them up right there in the restaurant and then have some sort of machine to seal them with the happy face covers. I don't think they are applied by hand because the covers are stretched tight as a drum like a factory seal, so strong you can't pull them off, you can only pierce them with the straws. I'll just have to ask the waiter the next time I eat there.

I like a good mystery with my meal :p

A bit of a spoiler for your mystery but they usually have a machine to heat seal the lids onto the cups in-store (even the smaller bubble tea places around here seem to have them and I've seen them in action.)

R

A bit of a spoiler for your mystery but they usually have a machine to heat seal the lids onto the cups in-store (even the smaller bubble tea places around here seem to have them and I've seen them in action.)

R

I also enjoy solving mysteries (and them being solved by other people) ;)

My mother and I stopped at a local country restaurant last week and I ordered their Firehouse Burger, a big half-pound burger with pepperjack cheese, fresh jalepeno slices, and a good hot sauce on the burger. The restaurant has some really awesome tasting fries - that's actually the main thing we go there for. A small cup of coleslaw also comes with the platter.

20231208_172440.jpg

My elderly mother has a nurse's aid staying with her during the day while I am at work, and the aid seems to like to cook a lot for us. Today she made us some beef curry with long grain wild rice, since I don't really care for plain white rice, and it was pretty darn good. Now I can get all excited and sparkly and make heart-shaped eyes when I eat my curry, just like in any food-genre anime! 😄

beefcurry.jpg

Last edited:
My elderly mother has a nurse's aid staying with her during the day while I am at work, and the aid seems to like to cook a lot for us. Today she made us some beef curry with long grain wild rice, since I don't really care for plain white rice, and it was pretty darn good. Now I can get all excited and sparkly and make heart-shaped eyes when I eat my curry, just like in any food-genre anime! 😄

View attachment 33123

That is a really nice plate! :)

Back