Sky Channel Anime

Was there a contact number after the episode (y'know, like they do with EastEnders and stuff)? I honestly can't remember. I'm just glad my little brother hasn't shown any signs of being mentally disturbed from walking into the scene where Lucy slices up Nana's arms, legs and fingers when he was about 4 xD.

Joshawott said:
Was there a contact number after the episode (y'know, like they do with EastEnders and stuff)? I honestly can't remember. I'm just glad my little brother hasn't shown any signs of being mentally disturbed from walking into the scene where Lucy slices up Nana's arms, legs and fingers when he was about 4 xD.
same here im glad my little sister didn't watch that either

Yeah, it was a an uncomfortable show in many ways, but I think perhaps thats why I have such respect for it relatively; as it didn't shy away from such topics and themes.

They're cruel and nasty setups to include; and yet, they're part of the real world, and they're the sort of themes that western studios don't like or want to touch. Murder, death and worse happen on grotesque levels around the world each day, to exclude the darker aspects of human nature completely just seems... well censored I guess.

I don't watch ALL that much stuff thats on this level of darkness, but in it's own way, I'm glad it exists.

Oldboy is another film which has fairly dark themes.

animefreak17 said:
can anyone remember tv channels that had anime

i know there a few more iv missed does anyone else know what other animes that was on tv or are on tv

I can think of plenty more anime that you have missed from that list :p

Channel 5 showed the orignal Beyblade series long before Cartoon Network and Duel Masters.

CITV showed Sailor Moon and I believe Medabots back when CITV was on ITV 1.

BBC showed Monster Rancher during Life and Kicking.

Cartoon Network showed Battle B-Daman and Toonami showed Rave Master and Ultimate Muscle.

Jetix showed Shaman KIng and Bobobo Bobo Bo.

@alexrose1uk im starting to like you more and more lol
i agree with everything you said reality is cruel the real world is cruel and half of animes shows that you can have a happy life but elfen lied is the number 1 anime series that shows you life is cruel and everyone suffers,

Ironically, and I just want to put it out there, a lot of my favourite shows are romcoms/dramas hehe

But I think you need diversity. If people aren't willing to experiment, show opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of light and dark plots, then everything becomes stale.

You need darker shows and plots to offset the lighter material.

Rena Ryuugu said:
animefreak17 said:
can anyone remember tv channels that had anime

i know there a few more iv missed does anyone else know what other animes that was on tv or are on tv

I can think of plenty more anime that you have missed from that list :p

Channel 5 showed the orignal Beyblade series long before Cartoon Network and Duel Masters.

CITV showed Sailor Moon and I believe Medabots back when CITV was on ITV 1.

BBC showed Monster Rancher during Life and Kicking.

Cartoon Network showed Battle B-Daman and Toonami showed Rave Master and Ultimate Muscle.

Jetix showed Shaman KIng and Bobobo Bobo Bo.

well done Rena Ryuugu hats off to you

Duel Masters.
Sailor Moon
Medabots
Monster Rancher
Battle B-Daman
Rave Maste
Ultimate Muscle
Shaman KIng
Bobobo Bobo Bo.
Crayon Shin-chan
flint the Time Detective
hammer boy
zoids
shizuno

Crayon Shin-chan is another one I've seen. It seems theres actually been a reasonable list; the trick is, most of the more adult rather than pure shounen was on years ago, rather than now :(

Yeah, there are a few darker segments in FMA, Hughes and the girl come to mind (don't think thats a spoiler given the age of the original). Haven't seen FMA:B yet.

Like I say though it's balance, I like happier shows, but you need the odd bit of darkness to balance it, and sometimes a show can be more powerful for it.
Chrno Crusade as an example, VERY powerful ending.

As I understand, Puella Magicka is also so popular BECAUSE it was darker than people expected of the sub-genre.

alexrose1uk said:
Ironically, and I just want to put it out there, a lot of my favourite shows are romcoms/dramas hehe

But I think you need diversity. If people aren't willing to experiment, show opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of light and dark plots, then everything becomes stale.

You need darker shows and plots to offset the lighter material.
to be honest i really cant stand it when a character has suffered in a series or has gotten hurt or killed i really hate tragedy, romance, and a dark turn for the worst for the good guy or bad guy i feel sorry for female characters good or anti villain i just feel so sorry for them. i know what you mean most western studios just have series with happy characters that has problems but ends up a happy ending and its the same with most animes at the end of anime everyone's friends but elfen lied shows us the dark side of things

@alexrose1uk
dont get me started on Chrno Crusade. i dont usually cry but it made me go to tears

im in too funny, adventure, comedy, action, ecchi, fantasy, violence,

dark stuff is for people who lives are happy and there life isn't hard
but those of us whos sees life as a pain likes to watch funny, adventure, happy light stuff

I remember Medabots! Damn that show was awesome - Mr. Referee is still an absolute badass. I even got some of the over-priced model kits. Shaman King was cool too.

Yeah, the original dub of Shin-chan was shown Jetix, later being relegated to filler during breaks.

Wasn't there a detective flint or something? a kid with a huge hammer who was a caveman or something or he could travel through time, vague memories and no access to MAL at work :(

Tachi said:
Wasn't there a detective flint or something? a kid with a huge hammer who was a caveman or something or he could travel through time, vague memories and no access to MAL at work :(

that reminds me of another anime called hammer boy it was on toonami once

Joshawott said:
Bloody hell, now I'm feeling old. I remember watching Flint the Time Detective!

Pfft, you're too young to be feeling old. Flint wasn't that long ago. Within the last ten years for sure was when it was on TV here.

Back