Sky Channel Anime

Taka88

Kiznaiver
I heard Sky have Anime channel a few years ago but i not know why they did Anime channel closed down ? I will like see Sky have Anime channel because i rather saved money than waste on anime DVD.

Hard to read but there hasn't been an anime channel on TV here since about 2007 (I think).

DVDs are much, much cheaper than they used to be and almost nothing comes out here so easy to save if you need to.

Internet streaming is the cheap option (crunchyroll, Anime on demand (ANN), & a few publishers youtube channels).

Basically anime is funded off those DVD sales and almost nothing else (unless you're in Japan), it's a very broken industry over here.

Ah Anime Central, good times, nothing but Bebop, Wolfs rain and GITS. I liked to think that they were just very selective about the quality of their programming and would rather constantly rerun those shows then air anything lesser.

It looks like the key to getting a good anime channel is to show things before they come out on DVD or to show things which are not being streamed then.

vashdaman said:
Ah Anime Central, good times, nothing but Bebop, Wolfs rain and GITS. I liked to think that they were just very selective about the quality of their programming and would rather constantly rerun those shows then air anything lesser.
I wouldn't call Bleach quality programming.

I know USA disney XD have naruto shippuden but UK not have it. I think both channel should same tv anime programmer in different country. I not mind i can record naruto shippuden late night. So i reply on legal internet and buy dvd or blue ray if it is worth watch anime. I am shock and not understand why Sky Channel is not buy amazing anime example FMA Brotherhood or Cowboy Bebop or other anime.I know most popular anime is pokemon on disney XD but it is rubbish. I only like play Ninendo DS. I know some channel show different country channel example they did show asia channel or some french or german film series. My theory is SKY Channel won't buy anime because they are too violence. One thing i will tell you i am really shock about it. I not sure which is country uk or USA but Disney channel been ban one episode of naruto. Why ? They not allow show third Hokage funeral.

*Trying to translate the posts*

The thing is, each different regional version of a channel is run by different people. So there's a completely different bunch of people who run Disney XD in the USA and another a completely different bunch of people who run Disney XD UK, and each of those are understandably more concerned with their domestic profits than those of another branch across the ocean. Disney XD in the U.S. will buy the U.S. broadcast rights to a series and if the UK side want to air it as well, they'd probably have to get the U.K. broadcast rights - the US wouldn't really care about the UK side.

Also, it's not because anime is too violent - a lot of things on TV are way more violent than the average anime. It's because anime is a very niche market and does not sell at all compared to more general things like sitcoms, soaps and reality TV. For example, if an anime DVD sells around 100,000 copies that's a success but if say, House sold 100,000 copies that would be a huge disappointment. (oh, and Sky don't own most of the tv channels; channels pay Sky to be put on their system).

I also don't recall any country banning an episode of Naruto; I'm not sure where you heard that. The only thing I know is that when Jetix (now Disney XD) aired it in the UK, there were some minor edits. Things like Asuma smoking were edited to have the screen cropped to hide the cigarette whenever possible and some scenes that would have been too much for Jetix's child audience (things like Naruto stabbing himself in the hand to get rid of the poison).

Mutsumi said:
Taka88, what is your native language? If we knew, maybe one of us would be able to help you better in the future?

I am from England. My Langauge is BSL (Britain Sign Language) because i am deaf. It mean my english is not good. I am really sorry about it. I just try my best.

@Josh : i give you link where is naruto only episode is blocked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Na ... on_4:_2004

Look down at season 4 and episode 80. It say "note- when first aired on cartoon network the episode was blocked "

I see. So I guess actually being able to hear a language does make a lot of difference.
So you'd watch anime subtitled...how many TV channels that have shown anime in the past actually have the option of subtitled? (AnimeCentral shown Cowboy Bebop and .hack//SIGN subbed at 3am, but that's all I can remember).

I don't see a source for it on the Wiki page, so considering anyone can edit Wikipedia, I wouldn't say that's concrete. But anyways, Cartoon Network shown Naruto in America.

In America they subtitle everything with closed captions, which should really be the law over here too in my opinion. I assume that if any halfway decent channel aired anime dubbed they should put some subtitles for the deaf/hard of hearing on as well, but you never know over here...

(I got into a huge grump with a certain large non-anime company once in this country because they had removed the subtitles from their English-language DVDs to save money, meaning I had to R1 them all just for this basic feature...)

R

can anyone remember tv channels that had anime

i know
anime central
perpeler tv - (it had a different name back then)
a music channel ( cant remember which one)
sci-fi
cartoon network - toonami - cnx
nick - jetix - disney
itv had *card captor*
channel 4s channels has a few movies
thats the channels i remember

and has for series i remember

samurai pizza cats
akira
loads of violate anime on sci-fi
FMA
GITS
BLEACH
transfomers
pokemon
digimon
card captor
dragonball z
tenchi
esca flown
cowboy bepbop
eva
one piece - for a short while
guyver
a few gundam series
naruto
hack/sign
big O
planetes
witch hunter robin
mezzo
this ugly yet beautiful world
divergnae eve
coyte ragtime show
jinki extend
gilgamesh
azmanga diou
scryed
elfen lied - the horror lol
sonic X
beyblade
yugioh
thats from the top of my head

i know there a few more iv missed does anyone else know what other animes that was on tv or are on tv

Taka88 said:
Mutsumi said:
Taka88, what is your native language? If we knew, maybe one of us would be able to help you better in the future?

I am from England. My Langauge is BSL (Britain Sign Language) because i am deaf. It mean my english is not good. I am really sorry about it. I just try my best.

No need to apologise, I just thought better to ask you directly than to assume something that would be incorrect. I cannot imagine the hurdles you have had to overcome in getting as far as you have gotten so far, given that you would have had to learn via an entirely different method to the rest of us.

Back