Simulwatch Planning Thread - Suggest & Discuss

@Aaron, @Birdie Num Num, @D1tchd1gger, @Geriatric hedgehog, @HWR, @João Gomes:

I've edited the opening post of the Gurren Lagann simulwatch thread to include the schedule. Any issues with any of it, please do let me know. 🙂

(I may also have gone a bit OTT with the whole thing to reflect the show itself. 😛)

Maybe the odd break could be added in. There's 2 where I can take a break; episode 6 (unless there's a significant difference in content. I watched it on Netflix(?) so no idea which version I saw, I'm guessing original version) I'll only watch it once and then the racap episode. So maybe just the 1 at the end between the show and the films?

Maybe the odd break could be added in. There's 2 where I can take a break; episode 6 (unless there's a significant difference in content.
The first half of the TV version of episode 6 is reduced to a recap because of the content deemed unsuitable for TV being replaced. (It's a bathhouse episode, but not quite like you might be thinking!)

It's an interesting alternate take, though, so I put it into the schedule for completeness' sake. 🙂

So maybe just the 1 at the end between the show and the films?
Done. Added a one-day gap between the series and the films. 👍

Just popping in to say I fully intended to crash the current simulwatch with no survivors, but unfortunately until Virgin come and sort my internet out I’m stuck with PAYG mobile data in a house that apparently hates 4G signal so much I have to go outside to get one, which is not constructive to streaming video. Typical that the moment I decide to make use of my HiDive account, I can’t.

You’re Under Arrest OVAs when?

Really regretting not getting the DVD collection that contained the movies during the Christmas sales now. I'm guessing licensing limits their inclusion in the blu ray set but it's still pretty irritating. Can't bring myself to buy the dvd set as well now but if anyone knows of the movies being sold at sensible prices anywhere I would very much appreciate a heads up. Thanks!

Not sure if I'll join in with this simulwatch but will consider it, when are we planning to start?
It's looking like Fri 26 March, to finally answer your question. I've dropped a schedule idea into the thread:

My apologies, RadFem: I'd neglected to add your name to my tagging list before. That's just me being forgetful as usual. 😅
Oops.

It's looking like Fri 26 March, to finally answer your question. I've dropped a schedule idea into the thread:

My apologies, RadFem: I'd neglected to add your name to my tagging list before. That's just me being forgetful as usual. 😅
Oops.

That's OK :) I have a lot of free time (or at least unscheduled time) but will probably dip in and out of this if I do take part as I find it hard committing to these things consistently :) I hope everyone enjoys ROW ROW FIGHTING THE POWAH! :)

Garden of Sinners would make a good re-watch, my only slight reservation is that I've only recently finished my 1st watch of the main 7 films. I've not seen the extra OVAs though. Could probably be persuaded to watch it again if it wasn't until after the GL one currently going on?

Definitely the kind of thing that benefits from more than one watch.

I was wondering if there would be an appetite for a Garden of Sinners simulwatch at some point? I personally think it would be a very good one for joint analyses.
Ahhh! Stop it! I haven’t got £70 to blow on anime, I need to buy a sofa and if this carries on next thing I know I’ll be sat on a hardwood floor watching GoS thinking “this was totally worth it”.

Ahhh! Stop it! I haven’t got £70 to blow on anime, I need to buy a sofa and if this carries on next thing I know I’ll be sat on a hardwood floor watching GoS thinking “this was totally worth it”.

You could just sit on your anime collection! 🤣

Could probably be persuaded to watch it again if it wasn't until after the GL one currently going on?
Oh yeah I meant for later in the year and for it to potentially be added to the list for potential simulcasts rather than now. Maybe even Halloween time hmmmm. No way would there be any muscling in on GL, I mean, WHO THE HELL DO..... Okay, no I'll stop there and save it for my limited quota in the simulcast heh.

Ah no, get the sofa dude, although the discomfort from sitting on the hardfloor/anime collection may add to the uncomfortable atmosphere whilst watching GoS heh.

Following the Garden of Sinners thread off the back of the AoL deal of the week offer,

I was wondering if there would be an appetite for a Garden of Sinners simulwatch at some point? I personally think it would be a very good one for joint analyses.
Yes from me. Been looking for an excuse to watch it again.

Back