Revenge of the Simulwatch!

Considering that:
- I still feel ashamed for being forced to drop the previous simulwatches
- last months totally sucked, so Haibane Renmei is a perfect fit
- I haven't watched anime for quite a bit
then count me in.

Teo

Haibane Renmei was this year? Seems like forever ago.

That other thread has gone off in a strange new direction, but I think the central questions were not bad ones: should we attempt another simulwatch and (if so), of what?

Past experience suggests that shows of 13 episodes or less tend to work better, but I'm keeping an open mind.

I don't know how people would feel about it, but what about Knights of Sidonia?
I haven't watched it yet and it's easily accessible with a Netflix trial/subscription.

Then you can have a big debate over the implications of that cut when the episode rolls around :)

Probably a pretty good choice if enough people like it, since it's easy to get hold of and people who haven't seen it deserve the pressure to get started on it.

R

My only (continual) issue with PA is that it is probably the most heavily discussed show (and often the most widely seen) out of the ones that are typically brought up for a simulwatch. It's deserving of both of those things, but I do think finding a slightly more off-the-beaten-path title has some merit.

I like the suggestion of Knights of Sidonia if people in general haven't just watched it.

I've seen neither Paranoia Agent nor Knights of Sidonia. I have PA on DVD, bought it when it was DOTW a while back, just haven't got around to watching it yet.

hey you know series like

lain
haiba- something

these series are great because they have mysteries in them thats never explained.............so i think we should do a simulwatch of the series ..............

monster

this series leaves us with so many questions that you have to make up your own mind to think what's doing on.

i know its a long **** series but i think it be a great idea.

also i also suggest we use skype to chat about it and while watching it.

come on guys its a grand idea

The thing is (as we already said this before)... Monster is barely available aside from the five Australian DVD sets which cost quite a lot for many people. It's not a good idea to start a simulwatch on a show like Monster when not only is there barely any legal stream but it's also 70+ episodes long.

Also in case you ask I don't have the time to watch Monster due to my backlog (+ upcoming planned sets) and Uni business.

If we're having another one of these, it would probably be better to pick something from the list of free legal streams, just for the sake of availability. Past experience also suggests that it can be difficult to keep people interested, even for a short series, so really you're best to stick to something around 13 eps or less.

Actually, the first season is available through Funi's youtube channel. Not having seen all of it, I couldn't comment on whether you need to see both seasons to get some kind of resolution to the story though.

Professor Irony said:
Actually, the first season is available through Funi's youtube channel. Not having seen all of it, I couldn't comment on whether you need to see both seasons to get some kind of resolution to the story though.

It's been a while since I've watched it but I'm pretty sure you would be fine with only watching the first season. It's not like Horizon or anything where it's split into two seasons.

Back