Revenge of the Simulwatch!

I would veto Paranoia Agent (seen and discussed to death, not that it isn't worthy or anything) and Elfen Lied (let's do a good show instead). I think I would be cool with any other title. Lain would encourage me to pick up the JP BD set.

ayase said:
While I'm all in favour of simulwatches (anything which encourages a return to the days of actually discussing the anime we were watching, rather than listing it or typing up thoughts nobody reads or responds to)
You had better hope MercenaryRaiden stays involved then, haha. ^^;

ilmaestro said:
ayase said:
While I'm all in favour of simulwatches (anything which encourages a return to the days of actually discussing the anime we were watching, rather than listing it or typing up thoughts nobody reads or responds to)
You had better hope MercenaryRaiden stays involved then, haha. ^^;

I think Mai-Hime proved that come rain, shine or some giant disaster that leaves me out of the loop for a month and on my own i'll still soldier on. I'm like that crazy guy babbling to himself in the corner hoping that I'll see sense and stop, but nay! :D

In all seriousness I actually like these simulwatches for the discussion and that some of the suggestions will take me out of the range of shows which I usually watch. Oh man, I should have suggested Maria-Sama Ga Miteru and watched you all suffer whilst I enjoyed the really slow pacing and the forced melodrama of it all!

(Also, nice to have you back maes! Not that i've been around, but still! \o/ )

Thanks. :) And yeah, I really ended up starting that Mai-HiME one at a terrible time for myself personally (unexpectedly, in fairness), I did think a couple more of the ten-ish people who said they were "in" would have carried on posting, though.

So the actual resume would be something like this:

Irresponsible Captain Tylor +2 -1
Michiko to Hatchin +3 -0
Eden Of The East +3 -0
Haibane Renmei +6 -0
Kino's Journey +9 -0
Paranoia Agent +8 -1
Serial Experiments Lain +7 -0
Niea_7 +2 -0
Elfen Lied +2 -3
Now and Then, Here and There +2 -1
Genshiken +1 -0
Gunslinger Girl +1 -0
Sound of the Sky +1 -0
Bartender +2 -0
Ghost Hunt +1 -0
Romeo x Juliet +1 -0
Special A +1 -1

The appreciation list should be:
1- Kino's Journey
2- Serial Experiments Lain
3- Paranoia Agent
4- Haibane Renmei

Maybe we could just follow the order: Kino's Journey in June, Serial Experiments Lain in July and so on.

Teo

teonzo said:
1- Kino's Journey
3- Paranoia Agent
4- Haibane Renmei

Maybe we could just follow the order: Kino's Journey in June, Serial Experiments Lain in July and so on.

Teo

Hasn't Paranoia Agent been done on a previous Simulwatch? If so it should probably be taken off the list.

Not by us, no. We were pointed in the direction of a similar thing for it on someone's blog by VivisQueen in the aftermath of Kon's departure, and I imagine a few other people rewatched a lot of his stuff independently around that time, too.

All four of those shows can generate good discussion I would say, and I haven't watched Kino's since around when it was first released on DVD, must be eight years ago now since I was just in my last year of Uni.

teonzo said:
1- Kino's Journey
3- Paranoia Agent
4- Haibane Renmei

Teo

Oh man that would be really really good, but I do wonder if that kind of a schedule could be kept up.

ilmaestro said:
All four of those shows can generate good discussion I would say, and I haven't watched Kino's since around when it was first released on DVD, must be eight years ago now since I was just in my last year of Uni.

After having that discussion with you about it on eg a few years ago I watched about 2 episodes and haven't actually gone back since! Kinda hoping it does go ahead with this simulwatch now :D

teonzo said:
1- Kino's Journey
3- Paranoia Agent
4- Haibane Renmei

This seems like a sensible suggestion, if people are up for it. Assuming a schedule of 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off (give or take a few days), how would we all feel about just going with that?

Wow, series I actually own and have watched! I might chip in, been a while since I've seen any of them so it's a good excuse.

R

Professor Irony said:
teonzo said:
1- Kino's Journey
3- Paranoia Agent
4- Haibane Renmei

This seems like a sensible suggestion, if people are up for it. Assuming a schedule of 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off (give or take a few days), how would we all feel about just going with that?
Sounds good to me.

Excellent.

Such being the case, I think we should stick with Kino's Journey first, starting 15th June and we can aim to follow up with Lain, starting early July.

Professor Irony said:
Excellent.

Such being the case, I think we should stick with Kino's Journey first, starting 15th June and we can aim to follow up with Lain, starting early July.

This sounds fantastic! Really looking forward to catching Kino's for the first time and re-watching everything else.

Professor Irony said:

Is it confirmed for the 15th?

Teo

Back