Re:ZERO's Video Quality in UK/US discs Discussion

Even if it does get a replacement I doubt it'll be that much of an improvement going by Part 2, ridiculous they were willing to sell them in that state to begin with to be honest. I'll probably just sell my Part 1 at this point and move on, the show isn't worth the aggro tbh.

I'm not sure its worth the price with how poor Part 2 seems I imagine part 1 will be just as bad.

Honestly I'm going to wait for a cheaper collection set from funi at this point.

Tbh if I really cared about banding I wouldn’t own any western anime bar AoA...

It will be a massive change of opinion from AL to do a replacement program though as yes it’s been clear it’s disappointing but not defective

for me its the amount of banding/issues.

ReZero has pushed the amount I usually tolerate these days.

Thank god I'm not really that much of a fan for rezero, and didn't buy the early bird of part 1

The issues were out before the EB iirc due to them selling it at MCM. So even if I did have money I would have avoided it. I cancelled my US LE preorder after all.

Simply put, nobody should buy it. Not worth supporting a release this bad.

I’m glad I hate the show, because if I was a fan, I’d be even more upset and mad about it.

Even if it does get a replacement I doubt it'll be that much of an improvement going by Part 2, ridiculous they were willing to sell them in that state to begin with to be honest. I'll probably just sell my Part 1 at this point and move on, the show isn't worth the aggro tbh.
I don't care if it's Part 2 quality, because literal dog **** is better than part 1.

What should we do pirate?
And I bet even with these issues it’s one of ALs biggest sellers hence their strict it’s not defective response
What's wrong with pirating though? Pirating is a service problem or in this case a quality problem. Why buy a ****** release when the "free" release is superior in every single way.

[..], because if I was a fan, I’d be even more upset and mad about it.

You sum up it up perfectly for me.

Well the big one is the dub. (I don’t care for them but many do). I doubt the JP BD rips have the dub. And people who want dub shouldn’t be forced to use crap streams.

I didn't mind the quality of those Part 2 images so if Part 1 gets a replacement then I'll happily go for that and buy Part 2. Unlike Part 1, the new master's issues aren't immediately visible to me so I shouldn't have any issue with it.

What's wrong with pirating though? Pirating is a service problem or in this case a quality problem. Why buy a ****** release when the "free" release is superior in every single way.
And therein lies the reason this is bad, and the reason AL, Funi and Kadokawa all desperately need to realise this is bad. Not just for consumers, but potentially for them.

I don't condone piracy of legally available shows, but when a pirated version is better than a pricey, supposedly premium legal home video release aimed at fans of the show, something has gone horribly wrong and the people you're alienating the most are the very people who want to support your products.

Replacement discs sound nice (as I somehow wound up with both Funi and AL's part 1, messy as usual.)
Haven't opened either of them yet, let's see, what comes of it.

So far the only guaranteed way to get the fixed Part 1 is Madman’s AU release. FUNi don’t ship replacement discs overseas to my knowledge (I don’t think they did for Code Geass), and AL hasn’t announced anything yet.

Someone pointed out that the Crunchyroll stream was better than the part 1. My policy is if I can stream it legally I don't need to buy it. I'm not a massive videophile, I'm always more interested in the story/characters.
Although I have brought stuff that's then showed up on a legal stream which can be annoying, but hey ho.

Back