Re:ZERO's Video Quality in UK/US discs Discussion

Professor Who

Dandy Guy, in Space
Re:Zero Part 2 got delayed by FUNimation for the US release, from 18 September to 30 October.

It could be for various reasons, but I hope it means better PQ. If it does feature better video, then half of the show would look acceptable while half is unwatchable, unless they decide to re-encode it (which I highly doubt they will).

I wouldn't get my hopes up. This is FUNimation, the company who licenses and dubs everything they can for money rather than quality.

Re:Zero Part 2 got delayed by FUNimation for the US release, from 18 September to 30 October.

It could be for various reasons, but I hope it means better PQ. If it does feature better video, then half of the show would look acceptable while half is unwatchable, unless they decide to re-encode it (which I highly doubt they will).

I wouldn't get my hopes up. This is FUNimation, the company who licenses and dubs everything they can for money rather than quality.
They did go back and redo S2 of code Geass to fix the mono audio, so it's not entirely out of the question.

Professor Who

Dandy Guy, in Space
I won't ever shut up about how bad Re:Zero looks. I found a lossless clip of the FUNimation Blu-ray. No additional compression whatsoever, just converted to MP4.

Here

It looks terrible!