Rate the Last Film You Watched

Mr L

Student Council President
Shazam

Full stop, the best DCEU movie. Heart, action and a wicked sense of humour that pushes harder against traditional family friendly comed without being 'edgy'. The best ensemble of child actors I've seen in a film who are allowed to actually do things real kids do instead of being sanitised. The villain is fleshed out with some pretty scary scenes which they manage to successfully balance with the comedy and drama. The third act contain a moment you will be so glad they didn't spoil in the trailers. 8/10

Mr L

Student Council President
Teen Titans Go To The Movies

Finally got around to this, thus comping the slate of 2718's comic book movies. I feel my opinion on this matches what Inthink of the show. Pretty mixed. There are some great comic book related homes in there and if you have a lot of that trivia in your head, it makes them all the more hilarious, especially the few that go pretty dark or explicit. They're worth seeing but ipm not sure Ipd watch thus again just for them rather than some clips online. You still have a lit of the same crass and juvenile humour the show dies that I find cringy and I just kind of felt indifferent to host of the songs.Hoping that mid-credits scene leads to something. 6/10

With that, I can finally give my own personal ranking for the comic book movies of 2018!

1. Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse.
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Deadpool 2
4. Black Panther
5. Aquaman
6. Ant-Man and the Wasp
7. Teen Titans Go To The Movies
8. Venom

Monday, April 1st to Sunday, April 7th.

Hara-Kiri - Death of a Samurai
This is a remake of the original Harakiri and is directed by Takashi Miike. Gotta be honest, it was good. Not great. Since I've watched the original one, I would never watch this remake again. It's good on it's own, but nothing compared to the original. 7/10.

Protege
I had high hopes for this one. It's about drugs, it stars Daniel Wu, Andy Lau and Louis Koo. It was really good, met my expectations. Characters were great, and the story was good as well. 8/10.

Whisper of the Heart
Finally managed to watch another Ghibli film, this one been sitting in my collection for around 11 months now lol. I've watched the first half before, but forgot to finish it. I really loved it, another solid Ghibli. Probably in my top 5 Ghibli. 9/10.

Also tried to watch A Touch of Zen but it didn't get my interest after watching 1 and a half hour of it. So I won't be keeping that one,

Last edited:
Monday, April 8th to Sunday, April 14th.

Managed to watch 4 films this weekend.

Project A
It's been a very long time since I've watched this one, think it was 9-10 years ago, so I couldn't really remember anything from (other than the crazy stunt Jackie pulled off in this!). I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would, it was really fun, and I had a good time watching it. Story was so so, but the characters were all good and the three dragons were the best as always. 8.5/10.

Only Yesterday
My first time watching this Ghibli, and I had a great time doing so. It was a down-to-earth Ghibli (for once) and had a "real life" story. The characters were loveable, as well as the story. The last 20-30 minutes were the best part for me, and also made me bump it up a rating. 8/10.

Kill Bill Vol. 1
I had watched around half of this movie earlier this year on DVD, but decided to get the blu-rays of both films. It was a very good movie, Tarantino did a great job on it. 8/10.

Kill Bill Vol. 2
The second part of the Kill Bill movies, it was a bit more toned down (in comparison to the first). I just like the first one a bit more, since it had the more "Japanese/Samurai" part in it. The ending was good, I just expected more to "go down". Nevertheless, still two very good films. 7/10.

Watched 8-10 movies between friday and monday and here's few words on some of them.

Bad Times At The El Royale
This did start out well but but the last like 40 minutes are kinda dull. Jeff Bridges is good, it's shot well and the set does look nice (the whole movie takes place in a 50's hotel/motel) but the last act is just disappointing. Chris Hemsworth's character did nothing for me.

6/10

The Ninth Gate
For a mystery film this film doesn't have much mystery going on. Johnny Depp character is hired to compare his client's satanic book to other three surviving copies of book to see whether his client's one is authentic. People die but there's no weight and nothing interesting turns out regarding the four books. I still didn't have bad time watching it but the film is completely pointless and probably Polanski's worst film.

5/10

The Hunter
Can't say that i enjoyed the evil corporation aspect and there's a big dramatic moment that's a complete thud but this i still enjoyed the film.
Lot's of good scenery in the film and you can't go wrong with Willem Dafoe.

7+/10

Deadpool 2
The first film was just passable but this sequel fared lot better. I wasn't chuckling many times but i did laugh my ass off when the main operation started (those that have seen this know what i mean) and the film was overall enjoyable. Hoping that eventually third get's even better.

7+/10

Triad Election (Election 2)

I did see the first film years and years ago but i think it was pretty shoddy.I did want to see Chinese ganster film and i did remember that the first one had 1-2 sequels (only one) so i went to check whether this sequel faired better and that seemed to be the case so i checked it out and it turned out that....yes, it's lot better than the first film. The first film isn't necessarily needed to watch this one but one of the main characters is from the first one and some of the weight is lost if it's skipped. The plot is the all familiar downfall story but it's done well so no problems there. It's not Chinese Godfather but it's still well done gangster flick.

7/10

Monday, April 15th to Sunday, April 21st.

Project A - Part II [Blu-ray]
Watched the first one last week, so I gave this one a go this week. It wasn't as good as the first one though, and I kind of expected it to be a dragons film. Nevertheless, it was good fun, solid Jackie film with good martial arts and directing. 7/10

Drive [Blu-ray]
First time watch for me, went in with no expectations (other than the good reviews it's gotten)... but I felt underwhelmed after it. Gosling's character felt very very "dry", maybe it's what the director went after though, but I didn't like it at all. The violence came out of nowhere to be honest, and was over the top. The story was alright, but I think we needed more background knowledge of Gosling's character. 5.5/10

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon [4K]
My first time watching this wu xia film, and man it was good! - The story, setting and characters were all really good. Can't believe how good the 4K disc looked! - it was beautiful. Definitely the best looking Asian Cinema I've got. I really recommend this one. 9/10