Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Rewatched

Devil Man: The Birth/Demon Bird - 8/10
Still love it. I think the dub, despite not being great actually helps it. Makes me laugh. Especially the Manga UK policy of adding in bad language and the guy dubbing Devil Man is brilliant.

Amon - Apocalypse of Devilman - 2/10
Hated it, couldn't remember why I didn't like it, so watched it again and there is one scene that I couldn't even watch, I found it quite unecessary overly violent and quite sick. Add to that it's sub only, so no comical swearing dub and well, it's gonna be either hidden away or thrown in the bin.

Kids on the Block (blu ray) 9/10

12 episodes- definitive ending.

I had read that the pacing was pretty slow which initially put me off of buying this series however when it came to watching it the sheer strength of the characters kept me going for just one more episode.

Everyone in the anime feels realistic with imperfect & changing relationships & it avoids the usual high school anime tropes.

The animation was great to the point where the instrument playing is accurately depicted (as shown by the behind the scenes featurette). Aside from the attention to detail on the musical scenes it's functional and realistic in appearance sticking to a video camera feel.

The music itself is meant to be the real star here and it doesn't disappoint. It's primarily jazz with a bit of blues, classical & pop thrown in. The music is catchy & memorable. I usually skip the intro & outro music but I often didn't skip the intro in this because I enjoyed it so much.

This anime managed to engage me on an emotional level which is a rarity and elevates it to high standings with me.

Kids on the Slope is not an anime for everyone but for me it was the most human anime I have seen, providing a nostalgic trip back to teenage years & a wonderful tribute to jazz.

Genshiken second generation

This was a fun anime to watch because the first series shows us a outsiders view on otaku.

This series however is more focused on female otakus or fujoshi....And I just love how the chose pairs.....like who pairs up with who and who is the bottom and top......as a man I would be a bit disturbed by this but to be honest it was alot of fun watching these fujoshi, not only that but about the cross dressing and madarame and so on.

It's gotten abit more moeish then the first season but since this is more fujoshi up let that slide...It's more suitable this way.

It was funny.
I loved the female otaku looks on the anime fandom.
Fun to watch.

It was grand I liked it alot.

I think I just might get in too the pairings thing

Boys love
Girls love
Ect

Sounds like a lot of fun I say we should do it.

9/10

Tamako Love Story

After being disappointed by the prior Tamako Market, I was a little concerned regarding this feature-length sequel. It would appear my apprehensions were misplaced, and Kyoto Animation really stepped it up a notch in producing this film. It's exactly what it says on the tin - a love story - and it succeeds at it. While our heroine Tamako's character does, at times, fall back into her old, one-dimensional ways from the original series, she develops. There's a definite arc Tamako goes through - albeit simple - as she comes to terms with the nature of her relationship with childhood friend Mochizou. This, alongside wonderful visuals - the lighting and subdued nature of the colours, in contrast to the series, in particular - and excellent music, all converge to form an all-round pleasure to watch.

That all said, the film's pacing did leave me wanting. Compared to the first two acts, the third was lean - too lean. It feels as if in trying to keep the runtime below an hour and a half, significant portions of the final 15 minutes were condensed, resulting in the story reaching a head far too quickly. Five more minutes would have given Tamako Love Story some breathing room during its most crucial moment, a moment where most other similarly themed series/films also stumble and fall.

7/10 - I like mochi.

Gargantia On The Verdurous Planet - 9/10

Really enjoyable series, just wish it was longer than 13 episodes!
The additional 2 OVA episodes were also a lot of fun too :)

Solty Rei 3/10

The first episode seemed pretty strong and got my interest but by the end of disk 2 (of 6) I was struggling to watch it. This anime felt like it had no clue what it wanted to be and tried to fit in as many popular anime elements as possible. One episode could be a lighthearted throwaway and the next could be deeply depressing & serious then back again. Pacing similarly was everywhere

It had some good ideas but definitely felt like 2 or more anime's forced together.

serpantino said:
Solty Rei 3/10

The first episode seemed pretty strong and got my interest but by the end of disk 2 (of 6) I was struggling to watch it. This anime felt like it had no clue what it wanted to be and tried to fit in as many popular anime elements as possible. One episode could be a lighthearted throwaway and the next could be deeply depressing & serious then back again. Pacing similarly was everywhere

It had some good ideas but definitely felt like 2 or more anime's forced together.

I personally.thought of it as a good series I mean nothing to brag about but it seemed decent to me

Azazel we summon you.

This was a disgusting disturbing anime that is close to being like panty and stocking..but not as good....but it has its funny moments and how they drew the characters are really distracting......gimme my moe looking girls you bastards.

Anyways it was funny...disturbingly so but if you like comedy.......crewed comedy...then this is for you......
P.s.

I saw a few characters on genshiken that looks like buh-San and azazel

7.5/10

Cowboy Bebop (re watch, 1st time on Blu-Ray) - 10/10
Was worried I wouldn't enjoy it as much as the 1st time but my god it's stands up. I've never watched a series 3 times but I'd be suprised if I didn't watch it again in the future. Truelly brilliant.

Some will be glad to here I was forced to watch it in 4:3 (as it is with old shows on Blu-Ray) and it didn't bother me at all :D

Your right, guess what I watched last night, haha

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (Re-watch)-10/10

I love how the animation steps up a notch from the series and the fight scenes, OMG. Bones at there best. A top bad guy to match in Vincent. Is there anything they didn't get right..... NO! Haha

I have only one complaint...... We need this on Blu-Ray SONY!

I think I need to watch Sword of Stranger again soon (especially since I haven't watched the Blu-Ray yet), coz that had awesome fight scenes too and another of Bones masterpieces.

Dan said:

I love how the animation steps up a notch from the series and the fight scenes, OMG. Bones at there best. A top bad guy to match in Vincent. Is there anything they didn't get right..... NO! Haha

It's been released on Blu-ray in USA but i believe it only has the eng dub on it. Anime Limited have said they've discussed releasing a Ultimate edition of Cowboy Bebop that would include the series & movie, only if they get the license for the Movie though but nothing has been said about it in quite awhile.

Patema Inverted
8/10

A wonderful story which both thematically and literally plays with your perspective on up and down. missed it at the Scotland anime festival (and god only knows where else..) and it took a bit of chasing down, but glad I made the effort!

DragonBlaze67 said:
Dan said:

It's been released on Blu-ray in USA but i believe it only has the eng dub on it. Anime Limited have said they've discussed releasing a Ultimate edition of Cowboy Bebop that would include the series & movie, only if they get the license for the Movie though but nothing has been said about it in quite awhile.

Yeah I seem to recall that. Also seems the Blu-Ray in the US is region locked, so I'll have to wait and hope Anime Limited can get the license.

Dragonball Z Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
9/10
Still my all time favourite anime!

The show blends action, adventure, comedy and character development so well, so there's something here for everyone.

Probably the strongest aspects of the series are its characters and action scenes. Almost every character is likeable and there aren't any jarring characters like most shonen shows have. Watching Goku and company push themselves to become strong is always a delight to watch as you root for them all the way. And the action scenes are epic! Loads of energy beams, fast paced martial arts and plenty of explosions! Great stuff!

The animation for the most part holds up incredibly well. Infact, this anime was way ahead of its time. It's easy to see why this was an inspiration for loads of other manga artists

The only down side is that it does drag in places, especially in the filler episodes but that's to be expected in a long running shonen show.

Overall, Dragonball Z season 1 is a fantastic start to a legendary anime!

sanji no 1 said:
Dragonball Z Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
9/10
Still my all time favourite anime!

The show blends action, adventure, comedy and character development so well, so there's something here for everyone.

Probably the strongest aspects of the series are its characters and action scenes. Almost every character is likeable and there aren't any jarring characters like most shonen shows have. Watching Goku and company push themselves to become strong is always a delight to watch as you root for them all the way. And the action scenes are epic! Loads of energy beams, fast paced martial arts and plenty of explosions! Great stuff!

The animation for the most part holds up incredibly well. Infact, this anime was way ahead of its time. It's easy to see why this was an inspiration for loads of other manga artists

The only down side is that it does drag in places, especially in the filler episodes but that's to be expected in a long running shonen show.

Overall, Dragonball Z season 1 is a fantastic start to a legendary anime!

I really struggled with the seemingly endless Snake Way episodes when I watched it a few months back - just seemed to go on forever. The scale of the fight scenes can't be topped though, and the English dub is great fun - you certainly can't fault the enthusiasm they go at everything with.

Dan said:
DragonBlaze67 said:
Dan said:

Yeah I seem to recall that. Also seems the Blu-Ray in the US is region locked, so I'll have to wait and hope Anime Limited can get the license.

An excellent film and follow up to an excellent series! I didn't realise that it wasn't out on bluray though.. Shame on them.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Dan said:

The Blu ray is Dual Audio but it only has Stereo tracks for both languages compared to the 5.1 tracks on the DVD. Similarly it also has no extra features whatsoever.

Mangaranga said:
DragonBlaze67 said:
Dan said:

The Blu ray is Dual Audio but it only has Stereo tracks for both languages compared to the 5.1 tracks on the DVD. Similarly it also has no extra features whatsoever.

A bluray with stereo tracks only!? Even worse

Back