Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

I was disappointed myself at the lack of action in the first series of Birdy, and it seemed to me that 02 had more. But it could just be that I thought everything else was better: in 02 the focus is more on Birdy (who is indeed a great main character) than Tsutomu, while the story is darker and more violent. Animation is about the same overall (that is, good during fight scenes, inconsisent at all other times).

Not the most exciting review, but I did make a shiny new (old?) retro style title sequence and that is clearly what matters.

Your Anime Sucks - Gun Frontier

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5DsCPHTEvo?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5DsCPHTEvo?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Well, it's about time! :p

You more or less touched upon all the complaints I had with the show. Too often Gun Frontier felt like it was being grim for its own sake, which clashed with the attempts at humour, and the plot was spread so thinly that too much of the show's runtime was spent going over the same ground. As for the animation, yeah, the shootouts could've done with some.

But I did still enjoy the show for its uncompromising approach to sex and violence. It's a bit like Kino's Journey without the interesting philosophical questions.

Warmaster said:
animefreak17 said:
i didn't like the second season the first is my favourite

While I prefered the first 'season' the second is certainly no slouch either.

It just didn't seem............ Right to me birdy in the first one was good but in the second it seems like something was wrong with her or something that she was suppose to do or maybe it's something else idk.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Well, it's about time! :p.

Tell me about it, this one took an absurdly long time for some reason. No worse than [another show] though. I think I may finish that video around the same time that hell freezes over :roll:

shuffle

i recommend this to everyone but to those of you who loves romance, harem, love triangles this series is for you

OMG this series is unbelievable as many of you who know i hate romance and love triangles and stuff like that, well this series does a very very good job of it its light and enjoyable to watch and is funny too.

heres the Scenario, its about a boy in high school who has girls who is al over him and two of the girls is a god and a demon and hes gets to choose which one hes going to marry.

yeah yeah it sounds like a typical Harem love comedy and the girls are the

childhood friend
the god
the demon
and 2 or 3 others that likes this guys yeah yeah its sounds like a typical Harem anime like you seen a 1000 times and know who hes going to choose or hasn't given us the answer who hes chosen.

SPOILS COMING

iv been told i give away to much but im going keeping the spoils underraps

OMG its unbelievable who he chooses and i was nearly crying on kaedes backstory and couldn't believe how much of a Psycho she was, yeah the other girls backstorys was sad but kaedes was so heart wrenching i really wish he choose her.

to be honest i wasn't expecting anything like this

im going to say it has its dark and light moments and the story and animations beautiful.

i really really really like this series * im not one for romance but this series is fantastic *

9.5/10

you know that rumbling hearts anime where they had alternate endings i wish it had that for each girls

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome To The Space Show

I had planned to watcht this on Blu-Ray, but I couldn't. Turns out that my TV is so old that it won't work with the Blu-Ray player. I cant watch it, but only in black-and-white and without any sound.

Luckily it was a Double Play collection so there was a DVD disc too, which I watched.

I liked the film. It was bright and jolly. A rather good romp. Granted there are one or two problems with the film. For starters we know what actually is on the far side of the moon and it isn't an intergalatic theme park, so the plot does fall down there, but that's only a minor quibble. It is more light-hearted than Studio Ghibli, but that is not really a bad thing.

For me the only downside was discovering that the end theme tune was sung by Susan Boyle (I don't like reality TV - at all).

Score: 8/10

girls bravo

this series is for the guys who loves fan service, ecchi and boobs

for a fan service anime its really good, iv read the manga and all it is is a bunch of mini storys but the anime has more fan service.

a kid who has no luck with woman ends up in a world where 90% of the worlds population is woman and brings home a girl,

it has that element of mini storys that has fan service.

for people who likes fan service

9/10
story 5/10

Birdy The Mighty Decode season 2
9/10
Jesus! This was a HUUUUGE improvement over the first season! Dont get me wrong, the first season was good, but this season is much better in many ways!

The story was alot more interesting and darker than the first. I was so eager to find out what would happen to Nataru and Birdys relationship and how Birdy would react to what Nataru was doing. Also it focused more on Birdy this time rather than Tsutomu, which i thought was a great decision because i find Birdy more likeable. Tsutomu is cool aswell though.

I complained about how the first season didnt have many fight scenes. Well, that problem was completely fixed in this season. There were so many fight scenes and they were all well choreographed and very intense. The fight scene between Birdy and Nataru was one of the most impressively animated fight scenes ive seen in a while

Overall Birdy the Mighty Decode is a fantastic show which mixes Action, Comedy, Drama and Romance all very well. One of Manga ent. most overlooked anime. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Strike Witches

10/10

I really enjoyed watching this, laughed lots of time throughout the series. Loved all the characters, loved the music especially the OP/ED songs. Looking forward to watching Season 2 :D

Revolutionary girl utena

Well it's very yuri very very yuri I'm not taking about girl on girl but it has that element in there.

This series has a lot of class and it feels original but it has aged alot. It has funny moments and serious moments and the musics nice too.

But to be honest I have no idea what the he'll is going on in this series. I know why and what's about the series but I don get the ending at all. And I have no idea what the deal was with the black rose saga, did the black Rose saga have a point to it or was it just filler or what?. Anyways there are a few things I don get about this series but I did enjoy it at times and found it at times ..........well interesting.

I think I need to watch this series a few more times to get what it all means to understand what revolution the world means.

Chu chu is funny and nanami has her moments.

8.5/10

Utena the movie

I don't get it at all but the animations nice, I think it's like a alternate story telling of the series or something

6.5/10

Ian Wolf said:
For me the only downside was discovering that the end theme tune was sung by Susan Boyle (I don't like reality TV - at all).

Must remember to either skip the end credits or mute them when I get around to watching it then (don't like reality TV either).

mangaman74 said:
Ian Wolf said:

Must remember to either skip the end credits or mute them when I get around to watching it then (don't like reality TV either).

I think she sings in the middle of the film too. I only found out it was her because I spotted her name in the end credits.

Ian Wolf said:
mangaman74 said:
Ian Wolf said:

I think she sings in the middle of the film too. I only found out it was her because I spotted her name in the end credits.

I'll have to take at least 1 point off the final mark then for ruining the movie.

Really? Did you guys avoid playing Final Fantasy XIII because of Leona Lewis too? I don't like Susan Boyle but I can't say I noticed her reducing the quality of this film. The confusing script did a little, if it's a kids film I'd like to see a kid explain to me exactly what happens.

FourthLion said:
Really? Did you guys avoid playing Final Fantasy XIII because of Leona Lewis too?

I haven't played Final Fantasy XIII because I don't really play video games. I didn't know anything about Leona Lewis.

FourthLion said:
Really? Did you guys avoid playing Final Fantasy XIII because of Leona Lewis too? I don't like Susan Boyle but I can't say I noticed her reducing the quality of this film. The confusing script did a little, if it's a kids film I'd like to see a kid explain to me exactly what happens.

Not got around to playing it yet (got a big backlog of games to play) but I intend to either turn the game music down or turn the volume down on the TV (I am not joking about this either!).

Having Leona Lewis in FF XIII certainly makes it worth a point or two less.

Back