Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

loveless

ok iv seen a crossdress anime iv seen a gay anime now iv just watched i think a older guy kissing a 6th grader.
i was like omg please tell me this isn't a pedo anime, thank god i was wrong i wasn't a pedo anime lol.
it was a short anime and it didn't explain alot but it kept me interested.

it was in japanese with subtitles which was annoying but i liked the japanese voices better

7/10

Steamboy 5/10

Not bad, but not all that good either. A great deal of spectacle and I can't fault the film's visual design, nor Patrick Stewart or Alfred Molina's voicework, but Anna Paquin I'm still not sure on and Scarlett is a 100% useless character. Upon her introduction it's obvious she's The Asuka of the movie, but she seems to have no purpose beyond "female lead" or rather "main female character" since to call her a lead would be completely false, being that she doesn't forward the plot in any way.

A bit of a misfire to be honest. I can't say I'm much of a fan of Otomo after this, the more I see the less I like him, I think only Akira and Magnetic Rose are films of his that I've liked and the latter most likely due to Kon's involvement.

Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Enjoyable film. Like most of the Ghibli films I've seen so far, it features likeable characters, great art, an enjoyable plot with a bit of a message (this seems to come across as one of Miyazaki's pacifist themed films rather than environmental) and a bit of blood (Pazu's cheek is cut/grazed by a bullet passing it). Also noticed that some characters in the film look similar to other character in later Ghibli films (The engineer in Laputa looks akin to Kamajii in Spirited Away).

Score: 9 / 10

Ian Wolf said:
Also noticed that some characters in the film look similar to other character in later Ghibli films (The engineer in Laputa looks akin to Kamajii in Spirited Away).
The only thing negative point I have with Ghibli is their constant re-use of character designs. For example, Seiji (Whisper of the Heart), Prince Arren (Tales from Earthsea) and Shō (Arrietty) look exactly the same.

Also, pretty much every old woman looks the same too.

Joshawott said:
Ian Wolf said:
Also noticed that some characters in the film look similar to other character in later Ghibli films (The engineer in Laputa looks akin to Kamajii in Spirited Away).
The only thing negative point I have with Ghibli is their constant re-use of character designs. For example, Seiji (Whisper of the Heart), Prince Arren (Tales from Earthsea) and Shō (Arrietty) look exactly the same.

I would go further and say 90% of the ghibli characters I've seen are generally extremely similar, they all seem to have the same basic face, even if their hair/ head is different.

gakuen heaven
........................................................ its gay ........ not in the mean way its gay but its a gay anime, thankfully there was only 1 kiss scene lol but you know if it was girls that was watching this they probably like it.
i wasn't really in to this series much but im sure if a girl was reviewing this she'd probably give it a 8/10

its a bit like ladies vs butlers but for girls
4/10

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Joshawott said:
Ian Wolf said:

I would go further and say 90% of the ghibli characters I've seen are generally extremely similar, they all seem to have the same basic face, even if their hair/ head is different.

Come to think of it I suppose Sheeta in Laputa looks similar to Nausicaä, and Pazu has similarities to Seita in Grave of the Fireflies.

`2001 Nights` 6 out of 10.
The first one, `Elliptical Orbit` wasn't too bad, but it didn't work for me very well. Little bits just didn't fit.
The second one, `Symbiotic Planet` was better, nice cute little story.

RAMEN FIGHTER MIKI

LOOOOOL this animes funny i really recommend this anime.
you know those characters who are always hyper and are always kicking up a fuss, well its one of those.

each episode was 13+ min long and has a each its own story but every episode is connected with the series.
its was funny and silly at the same time.
i only had subtitles but its worth watching
the only downside is that the series wasn't long enough.

i really recommend this anime
9/10

My Neighbour Totoro

Great film for many reasons. It's innocent, it's sweet. Unlike some other Ghibli films there is nothing really "adult" in it (unless you count one scene in which the two sisters and their father have a bath together). Following the last Ghibli film I watched I'm not trying to compare characters that look similar to each other. Again you could argue that Satsuki the eldest daughter looks similar to many other young female leads. It also features the dust bunnies or travelling soot that later reappear in Spirited Away. One thing I did enjoy is that I now know where my anime society back at university got their Cat Bus logo from. However, the best thing about this film is that it is the first Studio Ghibli DVD I have brought in which played the film perfectly without anything going wrong. It did not cut to the alternative stories boards or stop halfway through. I never thought I'd get one which would work perfectly.

Score: 9 /10

Ian Wolf said:
My Neighbour Totoro

Great film for many reasons. It's innocent, it's sweet. Unlike some other Ghibli films there is nothing really "adult" in it (unless you count one scene in which the two sisters and their father have a bath together).

I don't think anyone would count that. And if they did they should never have children :p

I agree with you about Totoro though, I like the purity of it, it's light-hearted, the kids aren't precocious and it's just fun to watch, it's probably the only Ghibli movie I truly have time for too.

moeyo ken
this anime was like a nice drive in the countryside enjoying the view.
in other words it wasn't existing but enjoyable to watch.
it was funny at times with a bit of herum *1 guy loads of girls*.
its a anime where in the end rivals put aside there differences and help each other to over come a greater evil.

8 /10

vashdaman said:
and help each other to over come a greater evil.

But the greatest evil of all is harem anime!
no harems good but using over and over in the same context with the same sort of guy* the guy that trys to make everyone happy and watches what he says and is always helping out others* i just wish they would use a guy with a different personality.

Nichijou: Random, part funny/not funny, it had it's moments, but I never really found it that funny, that said though the visuals were beautiful, not much more I can say really...

6/10

Back