Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

gantz live action

it was worth the 2 hours watching it
it was so close to the anime.
but a few characters were missing and a few monsters * 2 or 3 monsters * but it dose follow the anime it stays true to the anime and at the end of the credits theres a trailer of the next movie.
it meets up the end of the non filler anime gantz.

give it a watch and fans should watch it 100%
9.5/10

gantz live action

it was worth the 2 hours watching it
it was so close to the anime.
but a few characters were missing and a few monsters * 2 or 3 monsters * but it dose follow the anime it stays true to the anime and at the end of the credits theres a trailer of the next movie.
it meets up the end of the non filler anime gantz.

give it a watch and fans should watch it 100%
9.5/10

[C]

A mixed bag. On the upside I liked the animation, especially the pixelated block style they used. On the downside, the characters on the whole left me cold and the plot was at times a bit complicated.

Score: 5 / 10

Astro Boy: Greatest Astro Adventures

I should point out that the seven episodes on this DVD come from the 1980s TV series.

I should also point out that this DVD was awful. There are no Japanese subtitles, so you have to watch the English dub. The voice dubbing is terrible. The voices do not match with the mouth movements, and sometimes the characters are talking but nothing is coming out. Also, at times the animation is laughable. I did find myself laughing at the way some characters were walking in the episode "Robio and Robiette". Then there is also the subject of episode selection on the DVD. One of the episodes picked is "The Greatest Robot in the World, Part 1", but you really want to have Part 2 to go with it.

If there is one thing I can say in favour of it, it is that it does make me want to go out and buy the original 1950s series, because it just has to be better than this.

Score: 1 / 10

speed grapher
you know how most people say politicians and higher ups are corrupted ............well this anime takes it to the f****** extreme how badly it tells how the higher ups are corrupted. i know its fiction but its funny if politicians and higher ups are what they are in this anime.
this anime should of been a 18 rated the way it was showing the the story sex, violence, sad story sort of. i felt sorry for a few of the bad guys even tho they had a bad past that got them where they was.

this animes got love, jealously, sad moments, corruption, sex violence, people you feel sorry for
and everything else if your into that sort of thing.

i liked the story so il give it
9.5/10

interstella 5555

................its a story music video .................. thats the only way to describe it they dont say anything its just a 60 min music video.
i like the music dont get me wrong and i like the animation.
its just a first watching something like this, il give it a
7/10
its a ok anime music video story

Lupin the Third: The Secret of Mamo

The first Lupin the Third film I've ever seen. (First surprise - his name is pronounced "Lupan"). It's a decent film, the animation is OK despite the age of the film and there are some laughs in it. My main problem is that there are quite a few sequences with flashing lights which does make the film hard to watch.

Score: 6 / 10

Nichijou

I've found this series to be wonderfully entertaining. I loved the surreal humour, much of it building upwards and upwards, escalating to joyous laughs. The characters were great, especially Nano and the Professor. The animation was wonderful too. Minor down points include some unfinish story lines, especially the romantic ones (Mio and Sasahara, Manabu and Izumi). Sadly, the chances of they being resolved in the anime are unlikely due to the poor sales back in Japan.

Score: 9 / 10

Twin Angel: Twinkle Paradise

While the animation is good and the series itself to be rather fun, it appears to be fairly run-of-the-mill in terms of Magical Girl anime (complete with overly long transformation sequences). The one thing that I fail to understand is how come no-one recognises each other between their normal and fighting forms. Twin Angel and Twin Phantom don't disguise their faces at all, and all that Black Carrier does is take off her glasses.

Score: 5 / 10

Ian Wolf said:

I should point out that the seven episodes on this DVD come from the 1980s TV series.

I should also point out that this DVD was awful. There are no Japanese subtitles, so you have to watch the English dub. The voice dubbing is terrible. The voices do not match with the mouth movements, and sometimes the characters are talking but nothing is coming out. Also, at times the animation is laughable. I did find myself laughing at the way some characters were walking in the episode "Robio and Robiette". Then there is also the subject of episode selection on the DVD. One of the episodes picked is "The Greatest Robot in the World, Part 1", but you really want to have Part 2 to go with it.

If there is one thing I can say in favour of it, it is that it does make me want to go out and buy the original 1950s series, because it just has to be better than this.

yeah the original 1960,s version is way better,sadly there is no original Japanese language dvds released,the right stuf boxsets are dub only but they are well worth the money and are packed full of amazing extras,yeah the fred ladd dub is out dated but it is a product of its time even just for historic and nostalgic reasons i,d recommened them,hopefully one day we will see astroboy released fully uncut with the original japanese language but at the moment the right stuf sets are the best we,re gonna get at the moment.

Trigun-Badlands Rumble-Not much to say really its Trigun,not bad but did not live up to what it could have been,its really is just an extended tv episode,yeah the animation and music are top notch and its great to see the old gang back but the story was average but its rolls along at a fast pace so you dont lose interest,if your a Trigun fan you will love it if you dont like Trigun this aint gonna change your mind,so 8/10-for Trigun fans and i say around 5/10 for non Trigun fans.

Doraemon666 said:
Ian Wolf said:

yeah the original 1960,s version is way better,sadly there is no original Japanese language dvds released,the right stuf boxsets are dub only but they are well worth the money and are packed full of amazing extras,yeah the fred ladd dub is out dated but it is a product of its time even just for historic and nostalgic reasons i,d recommened them,hopefully one day we will see astroboy released fully uncut with the original japanese language but at the moment the right stuf sets are the best we,re gonna get at the moment.

I think one of the extras is that the first episode comes with the original Japanese.

Ian Wolf said:
Doraemon666 said:
Ian Wolf said:

I think one of the extras is that the first episode comes with the original Japanese.
It does indeed which is one of the main reason i bought the boxsets lol,yeah they really are fantastic boxsets right stuf really went to town on these,they also include an interview with Fred Ladd which is really interesting and tons and tons of other cool extras you really do get your moneys worth.

Review of Eden of The East Paradise Lost:

Pssh. Lame.

Plot very often seems to make no sense, characters who the creators seem to have forgot they didn't include in the previous instalments but carry on like they did (who was that old woman?), denies us what we really want to see and just throws new baffling acronyms at us (NTR's PAFTS, FGFFRS, YTRIYTGS- I don't know what these mean!!!), no so much many plot holes as the whole plot was a hole! And a rubbish ending. These are but a few of my complaints.

My advice: completely ignore these movies and just hold on to the sweet un-spoiled memories of the original series.

3/10

Sacred Seven - 7/10

This was a pretty fun ride with some likable characters, and made with a relatively high level of visual design fidelity. It let itself down with a bit of a cluster**** of a last episode, where Kenmi became Aizen, and then Frieza, Aruma became Doraemon, Ruri was totally sidelined, and Fei became the main character.

Aside from that I was surprised how much I enjoyed it after not being thrilled by the first couple of episodes. I was starting to think "hmm, if this post-ep 12 announcement is a sequel, I wouldn't mind", but the re-edit from Night's point of view could be a nice addition to the show instead. Might make the final episode make more sense, too.

freedom

what can i say about this anime-
the storys great
the characters are memorable
the animation is..................... something i haven't seen before its like comic mixed in with CGI.
I really enjoyed it and you'll have to find out for yourself how awesome it is
the first episode was 10-14 min long with only sub but the rest of the episodes are longer with english dub.

i had a good feeling about this anime and i was right it was good.
9.5/10

Maria Holic - 7/10

After an unfunny start this series gradually grew on me. I like mean-spirited humour of the Rumiko Takahashi variety (think Godai's eternal torment at the hands of Yotsuya and co. or Urusei Yatsura's... well, Urusei Yatsura) but often Maria Holic crossed a line for me. Having said that, it soon became clear that this series is absolutely batshit insane and therefore it's hard to take even the most vicious of its "comedy" too seriously.

The visuals are inventive but even by the end of the series I wasn't sure how I felt about them. If nothing else Shinbo's style draws attention away from a TV budget. But the best thing about Maria Holic, by far, is the cute song and even cuter sprites of the ending theme, the animation of which is slightly different for each episode. Sentai helpfully put clean versions of all twelve on the second disc as extras, and I can see myself re-watching those more than the show itself.

Back