Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Corpse princess

Story-Interesting story. Not original, but still. Had some great fight scenes to. Only let down due to its crappy ending
Animation-Most of the times it was good, but sometimes it looked like crap!
Characters-Didnt really like most of them, acept Hokuto and Minai. Espeacially Makina. She is the most misurable character ive seen.
Music-Some great scores that really fit some scenes.

Overall: Even though most characters were boring and cliche and the ending was crap, i did have a good time watching it. Check it out.
8.5/10

vampire knights

this anime is like half way though the series and VKG is next and so far its awesome it has a ouren high school mixed with a fruits basket feel but with vampires. Now all im waiting for is a warewolf to appear and were all set lol.
so far in the anime theres a twillght feel...........sadly, but despite that its-
funny
great story
likeable characters
the animation is good
and i can't wait to watch season 2
10/10

*salutes AF17*

I too am watching VK at the moment and enjoying it far more than I should at my considerable age.

R

Rui said:
*salutes AF17*

I too am watching VK at the moment and enjoying it far more than I should at my considerable age.

R
your never too old for something you enjoy
my sisters watching it as we speak shes been wanting to watch it for ages and i said you cant watch it til i get season 2 and the suspense as been killing her but she seems happy shes read the manga and now shes watching the anime now

animefreak17 said:
vampire knights

this anime is like half way though the series and VKG is next and so far its awesome it has a ouren high school mixed with a fruits basket feel but with vampires. Now all im waiting for is a warewolf to appear and were all set lol.
so far in the anime theres a twillght feel...........sadly, but despite that its-
funny
great story
likeable characters
the animation is good
and i can't wait to watch season 2
10/10

*breathes deep the rage of war*

I disagree almost completely. It wasn't like Ouran at all. The set up maybe, but it's nowhere NEAR as funny. I can maybe remember faintly a handful of amusing moments, but nowhere near Ouran level. I watched the whole thing waiting for stuff to happen but nothing of consequence ever did. All the characters were so cookie cutter, Zero I kind of liked mostly because of Miyano's acting and the fact he was a contradiction by basically hating himself, but the rest are incredibly bland and it was far too Twilighty for my tastes.

(I did like the OP though)

@Sparrowsabre7 no need to bit my head off
the reason i said it was like ouren high school is-
is humors a lil similar
a girl thats a human hangs around vampires like Haruhi Fujioka hangs around with rich people
reason why i said its like fruits basket is -
the animation is similar
and Kaien Cross is like Shigure Sohma funny characters

animefreak17 said:
@Sparrowsabre7 no need to bit my head off
the reason i said it was like ouren high school is-
is humors a lil similar
a girl thats a human hangs around vampires like Haruhi Fujioka hangs around with rich people
reason why i said its like fruits basket is -
the animation is similar
and Kaien Cross is like Shigure Sohma funny characters

I didn't bite your head off, I was just expressing my views vehemently. There is a big difference.

And reverse harem =/= "like ouran". Haruhi is someone who pretty much detests everything the Host Club stands for (at least initially) whereas VK's heroine absolutely loves vampires. I sort of know what you mean with the whole "they have to physically control the vampire fangirls" element, which did amuse me, but I don't feel it was tongue in cheek enough and merely more of a documentation of how Twilight fandom is :p

animefreak17 said:
hangs around vampires like Haruhi Fujioka hangs around with rich people
You have to admit that is a pretty big similarity.

And if I ever become rich I'll buy a castle and a cape so there'll be no hypocrisy in that statement.

vampire knights guilty
continuing the story -
it was awesome and it had a few twists.
i would of loved to have seen the faces of the vampire in vampire knights meet alucard from hellsing ultimate that would be awesome.
anyway the ending was perfect.
il give it a
9.9/10

Trigun Badlands Rumble 7/10

I've read a lot of reviews for this which have said "If you're a fan of Trigun, you'll like this, if not, might want to pass" but I have to say now, having seen it, I'm not sure Trigun fans will be especially satisfied either.

I can't fault the films production values, nor the voice acting or even the plot, but it's more the fact that all of the original characters are massively sidelined for two new arrivals, Gasback and Amelia. While this happened on occassion in the series, considering this is the first Trigun animation since the late 90's I was expecting a lot more Vash and co.

The gags were pretty good, standard Trigun fare, which I did enjoy but that seemed to be all Vash was allowed to do. He had only really one chance to showcase his badassery and it was over in a matter of seconds.

Not to mention when Vash "died" it was 100% meaningless. We KNOW this is a side-story and the series continues after, there was zero tension brought about by it and it served only to remove Vash from further screentime which really PISSED me off. Not to mention even non-fans would've figured out he survived, being that he's the main character (this is a wider trend that really annoys me in films, death and near-immediate resurrection, not quite the same as what happens in Trigun, but it's just pointless. I really wanted to like this and I'll probably still pick it up because, hey, it's Trigun, but it was ultimately quite disappointing. Had it not been Trigun and just been a new creation, I would not be picking it up and my score would've been lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gundam 00 A wakening of the Trailblazer - 8.5/10

Of the two movies of beloved franchises of mine, G00AWOTT was definitely the better of the two. While it had a slow start, it was ultimately a satisfying epilogue to the main series, if a tad unnecessary.

I felt that the aliens were portrayed magnificently. The fact that they never spoke and were completely non-humanoid (save for when they had assimilated one) was just great. It was one of the more (potentially) realistic depictions of extraterrestrial life I've ever seen, without diminishing their threat.

The new gundams were all suitably impressive, though I was disappointed in the realtively little screentime Raphael and Qan[T] got. I also felt the end was a little abrupt after such a staggered start and I really feel like the movie's epilogue should've had a lot more "where are they now" to get some closure on the Meisters, Saji, Louise etc. After the main battle we're just left to guess. In fact it's one of the few films where there's no "wind-down" after the final conflict, the end of the battle is the end of the movie.

Also Graham's death felt pretty much like a "throw it in there." While what he did was important, it was so quick I felt sure that it was a misdirection and he had made it out ok after all. Ditto Patrick, if he did sacrifice himself, it's not clear if one of the Gundams saved him or not... I was rather amused by Tieria's Cortana moment though =P

A few minor gripes aside though, it was a very entertaining movie, with a decent plot that was well put together.

Sparrowsabre7 said:

I've read a lot of reviews for this which have said "If you're a fan of Trigun, you'll like this, if not, might want to pass" but I have to say now, having seen it, I'm not sure Trigun fans will be especially satisfied either.

I can't fault the films production values, nor the voice acting or even the plot, but it's more the fact that all of the original characters are massively sidelined for two new arrivals, Gasback and Amelia. While this happened on occassion in the series, considering this is the first Trigun animation since the late 90's I was expecting a lot more Vash and co.

The gags were pretty good, standard Trigun fare, which I did enjoy but that seemed to be all Vash was allowed to do. He had only really one chance to showcase his badassery and it was over in a matter of seconds.

Not to mention when Vash "died" it was 100% meaningless. We KNOW this is a side-story and the series continues after, there was zero tension brought about by it and it served only to remove Vash from further screentime which really PISSED me off. Not to mention even non-fans would've figured out he survived, being that he's the main character (this is a wider trend that really annoys me in films, death and near-immediate resurrection, not quite the same as what happens in Trigun, but it's just pointless. I really wanted to like this and I'll probably still pick it up because, hey, it's Trigun, but it was ultimately quite disappointing. Had it not been Trigun and just been a new creation, I would not be picking it up and my score would've been lower.

:( and double :( because when I quoted this post to type this the spoiler blockers were no longer blocking the spoilers, and my eyes instictively zoom in on those spoilers, aww man. Anyway now that I've read it, yeah that does seem pretty stupid. Why the flip would they want to sideline Vash! He's the sole reason this movie should exist for.

To be honest I've never been a huge fan of the "somewhere in between the episodes" type movie (the Bebop movie didn't set my world on fire like I thought it would either to be quite frank), but finding an excuse to keep Vash of screen....its ludicrous!

vashdaman said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

:( and double :( because when I quoted this post to type this the spoiler blockers were no longer blocking the spoilers, and my eyes instictively zoom in on those spoilers, aww man. Anyway now that I've read it, yeah that does seem pretty stupid. Why the flip would they want to sideline Vash! He's the sole reason this movie should exist for.

To be honest I've never been a huge fan of the "somewhere in between the episodes" type movie (the Bebop movie didn't set my world on fire like I thought it would either to be quite frank), but finding an excuse to keep Vash of screen....its ludicrous!

I'm glad someone finally commented, I was getting lonely :p And yeah, sorry it was inadvertently spoiled, but like I say, you'd know from when it happens that all was not as it seemed, so it's not too much of a spoiler, TBH a lot of the plot was a little too predictable really.

Mmm the in between episode stuff only seems to emphasise the sense that it has zero impact on the series proper. I mean Clone Wars was in between stuff done right. We knew it happened and we knew it was important, it helped lead into episode III and follow on from II. With stuff like this and the Bebop movie, it's neat to see a new story, but it's one that doesn't develop the characters or further the plot, because by dint of being between episodes it simply cannot.

It's still more than a little frustrating that a film, that ostensibly only exists due to fan demand, showcases the fan favourite characters so little. Meryl and Milly are simply "there." Wolfwood perhaps gets the most chance to shine. Vash may have an equal amount of screentime but he's just being an idiot 90% of the time. I enjoy his goofy moments, but in the series we also see his serious side. If you only watched the movie, you'd just think he was some amazingly accurate idiot marksman.

sasami magical girls club

i love this anime its cute, magical, happy characters and a good story.
if you guys and girls like magical girl animes * like my self * then you'll love this anime and also it has washu, sasami, Ryo-Ohki and that dumb blonde from the tenchi series but they have nothing to do with tenchi, its about 5 girls who are decent from witches and since there half human half witche there called magical girls.
im not going to give to much detail but if you like magical girl animes then this anime is for you.

9.5/10

Baccano!

Wonderful anime. I think the non-linear plot worked well, especially cutting back and forth so fequently. It certianly does make the story more interesting. Other up points include the dialogue, the jazz soundtrack and the characters (my personal favourites being Issac, Miria, Ladd and Claire).

While this series is technically speaking incomplete due to the continuation of the light novels, it feels incomplete than something like Guyver, in the sense that at the anime tries to round up everything. However, in the anime Gustav says that stories are more interesting without endings and beginning. If that is the case, why stop after 16 episodes?

Score: 9 / 10

Neon Genesis Evangelion

I watched this series about a dozen years ago, and could remember really few things. While watching it I started to remember more and more details, and finally realized why I removed it from my memory: I hated those final episodes! And still hate them now. Besides the last 3 episodes it's a great show, with an intriguiging plot and a lot of well developed characters (my preferred is Asuka, and I appreciate how they depicted Shinji even if he's hated by so many anime fans), but the last 3 episodes really are a huge letdown, so the score drops from a 9.5 to an 8.
Next I'll watch Death and Rebirth and The End of Evangelion, never seen these, hope they'll fix the ending.

Score: 8 / 10

Teo

blade of the phantom master
first off the guy in the anime doesn't have a sword only guns so why is it called that lol.
this guy in this anime has the ability to summon soldiers to do his dirty work for him ( shadow clone jutsu) lol
i think this anime was supposed to have a series after this movie cause he said he was looking for someone at the end of it.
but besides that -
the animation was good
and the main character is a bit of a bad ass, hes cruel but fair and hes a realest

its ok so il give it a
8.5/10

MS Gundam: 08th MS Team - 9/10

This is only my third foray into the Gundam franchise. The first was the excellent War in the Pocket OVA; the second was the original movie trilogy, which I thought were okay but suffered from being too truncated. That, and the awful, awful hair styles.

What I love about this series, and this also goes for War in the Pocket, is that it's a short, self-contained snapshot of war on the ground rather than in space, and with a heavy emphasis on character development.

Even the lead character isn't the usual young, prodigiously talented kid who becomes an ace pilot the moment he first sets foot in a Gundam. Well, okay, he is rather young and already a Federation commander, but he doesn't seem to be an exceptionally talented/superhuman pilot. His name is Shiro Yamada and he leads a likeable ragtag bunch into guerrilla warfare through dense jungle in search of a facility the Zeon are using to develop a new weapon. In the very first episode he meets and assists a cornered and wounded female Zeon pilot, Aina, and a bond quickly forms between them. This event changes both his and her views on the war and the enemy.

Being an OVA, 08th MS Team has a generous budget. Art is detailed, character rendering is consistently good, and animation is often excellent. The series has many tense, well-staged battles with a good sense of scale and destruction (particularly combat in a city later in the show), and there are a of deaths. It's serious and sometimes dark but never depressing; the optimism of Shiro and its lighter moments prevent it from getting as heavy as it might have.

The story was wrapped up in 11 episodes but there was a 12th episode that tied up a loose end that didn't really need to be tied up. It's lame.

Back