Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

R.O.D TV series

there is nothing wrong with this series i loved the story i loved the characters and i liked the plot i also like how the main characters from the movie came back. it wasn't over the top or it wasn't a disappointment and i like british accents and how mr joker did one over on the yanks and i also like how its britain that trying to make it abetter world, mr joker might of been the bad guy but i liked him.

plus this series gave me a little bit of fan service and even tho it was a little it was a good scene.

10/10

Bakuman

9/10

Finally finished it, it's just a great show about chasing dreams and the nature of friendship and love. It really hits me where I live, too =P As someone who's enjoyed drawing from an early age it's something I can kinda relate to as well, even though I have no interest in professional art myself.

Another hit for Ohba and Obata in anime form. I'll definitely be preordering this as soon as it's announced.

Dragonball Z movie: Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan
6/10
One of the worst Dragonball Z movies. WHy does everyone consider it to be the best? Why does every one love Broly so much? WHY!?!?!?!

Story: Pretty basic story. As to be expected from Dragonball Z. However, Brolys back story is absolutely ridiculous!

Animation: Not as good as the previous DBZ movies, but not terrible.

Music: Why did Funimation put rock music in the background? it wasnt needed! The original soundtrack is MUCH better.

Dub: not much to say about the dub. It was good. Thats all.

xam'd
ok where do i start- the voices are all wrong, the stories bland, theres no character development and it didn't make any sense.
iv never gave a anime a bad review cause i enjoyed watching them but with xam'd i didn't feel any love it didn't draw me in like most animes do. even the covers look bland.
il give it a rewatch after a few mouths

4/10

kanokon ovas
ok i like ecchi animes and iv been told kanokon is a good series to watch for ecchi *i haven't seen the series only the ova* i liked the fan service but other then that theres nothing else theres barely anything funny or a good story ...................how do i put this .................. i was boring but the fan service was awesome there are 6 things i want to see in a series -

1 a good story
2 fan service
3 likeable characters
4 kick ass action
5 music
6 funny
kanokon only had fan service and a likeable character called kato

sorry but im going to give it a 7/10 kanokon ova

ladies vs butlers is better the ova of kanokon

Dan said:
Darker than Black (Series 1) 9/10

Hope series 2 gets released here

Can you explain what you like about DTB? This is a genuine question, I'm not trying to be a douche, it's just I really wanted to like it but I couldn't get into it =/ I love the contracter concept but nothing else really jazzed me. Though I like Hei a lot too.

Princess Mononoke

I knew in advance that this film does contain elements that fit into the category of "Things that Studio Ghibli can get away with that seemingly no-one else can", mind you the picture on the DVD cover of a girl with blood on her face is a dead giveaway. If that wasn't, the fact that people kept having limbs and heads shot off by arrows were.

I thought it was a decent film. Not the best Studio Ghibli film I've seen so far (I thought it was a bit long), but I like the characters and the way the story was told.

Score: 7 / 10

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Dan said:

Can you explain what you like about DTB? This is a genuine question, I'm not trying to be a douche, it's just I really wanted to like it but I couldn't get into it =/ I love the contracter concept but nothing else really jazzed me. Though I like Hei a lot too.

Well tbh, I couldn't think what to write and just rated it. Anyhow I'll try my best, I agree with you.... loved the contractor concept and Hei is a great character, I always like these characters that have a dark mysterious side to them, like Alucard in Hellsing for example and Hei with his white mask, long dark jacket etc. Just loved it. There were also other characters that I loved like the PI and the other contractor in the white suit (forgot his name). I found the story engaging and I liked that it was always 2 parts to each story. It also didn't really answer all the questions (unless I missed something), so it had intrigued me throughout, which is why I also can't wait for series 2. Hope that helps as thats the best I've got :D

animefreak17 said:
@sanji no 1 to you what is the best dbz movie

Err probably Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest. Some great fight scenes in that movie. Gotta love Gokus Kamehameha at the end. Tree of might is also good.

What about you?

Dan said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Dan said:

Well tbh, I couldn't think what to write and just rated it. Anyhow I'll try my best, I agree with you.... loved the contractor concept and Hei is a great character, I always like these characters that have a dark mysterious side to them, like Alucard in Hellsing for example and Hei with his white mask, long dark jacket etc. Just loved it. There were also other characters that I loved like the PI and the other contractor in the white suit (forgot his name). I found the story engaging and I liked that it was always 2 parts to each story. It also didn't really answer all the questions (unless I missed something), so it had intrigued me throughout, which is why I also can't wait for series 2. Hope that helps as thats the best I've got :D

That's a fair response, I think the episodic nature of it put me off a little. I felt like it should be self-contained eps or fuller arcs, not every episode half of a whole. I think I also was expecting more action. I think you mean November? I think that was his name, yeah I liked him too, maybe Series 2 will change my mind. I agree about the mysterious character thing, I liked that he had a dual persona too, the cheerful Hei and the dark, anti-hero contracter side.

nabari
ok iv heard that this series was one of the terrible 4 that came out. i agree xam'd was crap but i like nabari i like the story and i really like the main character, his attitude about the hole thing hes like ..........., whatever.
i got 40% that this series is so bloody close to naruto but more serious
i really like it
8/10

Wolf's Rain - a highly subjective 6/10

It's official: my brain is not wired in a way that will allow me to comprehend abstract concepts like Paradise in Wolf's Rain. It was all rather straight forward until episode 25, then people started to randomly faint as Darcia walked past (I know he's a knockout bishie, but come on), castles started collapsing, and characters began to speak in riddles.

From explanations I've read (which serve only to increase my confusion) this series is chock full of symbolism and allegory, but it all went straight over my head. I do wish that, for once, Bones would finish a series without bullshittery of some kind, but I guess that's the price paid for the nice visuals or something.

Ended up sitting down and watching episodes 15-24 of Stein's gate. I haven't watched that much in a row since at least FMA:B. It's now 2 in the morning and I really should have gone to bed about an hour ago.

10/10

Back