Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

house of five leaves

this series was dubbed so it was a pain to read and watch the animation.

this series is based in the age of the samuri * cant remember what era * and it hasn't got any over the top characters with powers, its a nice story, you know samurai champloo well house of five leaves isn't all flashy like that but it has true to life japanese culture sort of thing going for it with a samurai genre.

the animations isn't bad
the characters aren't bad
the storys not bad

its just a true to life japanese culture series. its wasn't great but was nice to watch .

8/10

the tatami galaxy

this is thee most weirdest series i have seen i ages. i mean very weird, the main character sounds like the fast talking fedex salesmen on those ads on tv on speed.lol

i just dont know how to explain it its so freaking bizarre you just got to see it to believe it. its not a bad series its just weird.

7/10

Tales From Earthsea

I been told that this was probably the worst of all the Studio Ghibli films. Having watched it I have to say this was the most disappointing that I've seen so far. The characters did nothing for me, the plot seemed dull, it just seemed lifeless, which is slightly ironic given that the main plot of the film is a wizard trying to find the secret to eternal life.

Score: 4 / 10

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't make any rash promises about when the next one might be done...

Your Anime Sucks - Lupin III: Blood Seal ~Eternal Mermaid~ - Review

Had to resort to blip.tv again, but if anyone would prefer to comment on the actual video page, there'll be a placeholder video on the regular youtube account shortly. Don't let me stop you commenting on blip.tv directly if you fancy it, but it seems kind of dead :(

Edit: youtube placeholder here

arrietty

iv never seen the borrowers but i kinda get the idea by watching arrietty.

this movie stays true to being a Ghibli movie its got a very nice story and good characters and beautiful animation.

8.5/10

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD

what can i say this series is truly amazing it had alot of action and loads of fight scenes, the story is a brilliant, the characters are likeable, it has many funny scenes and jokes, there are old and new characters. but i feel that the original gave off more emotion and development then it did with brotherhood. there are alot of changes in it, so if you've watched the original be perpred to be shocked.
there are characters i like more in brotherhood then i do in the original and visa versa but there still good.

but i cant compare the original and brotherhood there both so good the original brings nostalgia and more character development and a great story and brotherhood beings great fight scenes, a good story and more funnys.

it deserves a 10/10

009-1

this series is about a woman who is a spy in the future.
its basically a bond sort of anime series but the spys a woman with futuristic gadgets e.g. if she gose to show her boobs dont let her those things are dangerous weapons lol.

it has a good story
the animation has a astro boy feel to it

i have a hate/ like for the main character cause shes has to do somethings that makes you hate for but has to in order to complete her mission or to stay alive. i hate but for sympathetic towards her at the same time.

its ok good spy series
7.5/10

Shikabane Hime (Aka/Kuro) 8.5/10

Anime that occasionally shows it's routes as something aimed at teens (in terms of orientation, I'd put it somewhere half way between Shounen and Seinen) and a somewhat lackluster ending, however it made up for this with decent animation for a TV production, and characters and a story that showed more depth than I was expecting from it at first glance.

Another plus was attaching an antagonist whom over the course of the 24 episodes develops from someone you find little to like, to becoming almost sympathetic, in that you begin to understand and perhaps even support his motivation/reasoning, even if not his methods, towards the end of the series.

It's something you don't always see a lot of, as many evil antagonists are shown as pure evil, or completely twisted, relatively few are shown as grey characters rather than black. There are relatively few antagonists who you could almost root for as the protagonist had the story been told differently, however I think this show does just about manage to provide you once, which I wasn't expecting.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Professor Irony said:
Eh, that looks about as depressingly mediocre as most Lupin specials. It's like everyone involved is just going through the motions.

I'm still waiting for Gun Frontier to get a "Your Anime Sucks" going over. In case you don't remember, it's basically Captain Harlock: The Western. It's as weird as it sounds.

Yeah... It's a crying shame they can't just take the footage from the Lupin Pachinko machine and do something with that instead - it looked much more interesting.

Gun Frontier would be a good shout though. I did actually acquire it after you mentioned it before, but alas it's become one of those many things I've never gotten around to watching...

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

An excellent performance from all characters, with a story that is as intricate as it is coherent, and a mature script that puts to shame all the corny trash I've watched in the last few years. I only wish that Kenji Kamiyama had been able to repeat the discipline he showed here with Eden of the East.

8.5/10

VivisQueen said:

An excellent performance from all characters, with a story that is as intricate as it is coherent, and a mature script that puts to shame all the corny trash I've watched in the last few years. I only wish that Kenji Kamiyama had been able to repeat the discipline he showed here with Eden of the East.

8.5/10

Quoted for truth. I only wish you'd been with us for the simulwatch; we could have used more folk along :(

VivisQueen said:

8.5/10

Generally agree. I just wish the Tachikoma's never existed, then I would struggle to find any faults at all.

Street fighter Alpha
10/10
Now i know a 10 might be a but extreme, but trust me i have my reasons. I wont explain all of them.
I rented this YEARS ago from my local blockbusters and it was one of the first animes i ever saw. I was absolutely amazed and eventually bought it. I watched it every 2 days because i loved it so much! Again very extreme but that's just me.

I watched it the other day and its still just as good. I know the story's a lil naff but the animation is BEAUTIFUL!!! Plus the fight scenes were very good and well choreographed. It gave me a Dragonball Z kind of fell which may be one of the reason why i like it so much, because at the time i was a HUGE DBZ fan and i still am.

Now i know people might hate me for praising it so much but it does hold a very special place in my heart.

Arrietty

8.5/10

Just got through my rewatch (just got the blu ray/dvd double) . I think I wrote my thoughts on it last summer but they haven't changed much. Very sweet, absolutely beautiful, wonderful soundtrack, but a little lightweight overall. Could definitely done with a little more plot and the extra 30 minutes that most of the better Ghibli's allow (up to 2 hours) which would allow the story the time to hit home a little more. All the same, a very good film.

the count of monte cristo

this is based of a book in the late 1800s but the story takes place in the year 5050 * in the future *
this series has eye opening beautiful animation, the effects are nice and the story just makes you wanting to see more, it has drama like a shakspear play.

the music 8.5/10 the ending credits are hardcore
story and plot 9.5/10
characters 9/10
animation 10/10 beautiful simply beautiful
effects 9.5/10

its a beautiful series

9.5/10

grenadier

i like this series it has funny fan service, not in showing boobs or anything like that but more like tease service, its a journey anime, its ok to watch but the main characters a air head with big boobs with a gun and her bullets come out of her bosom, its not great but its a ok series and its not bad either.

8/10

the world of narue

this series is quite enjoyable and cute at times.

imagine finding a girl who's from outer space and before the second episode she becomes your girlfriend.

like i said its charming and enjoyable, the animation basic, the characters basic but the characters have a charm to them that makes you want to love them. i think this is the first cute sci-fi anime iv seen in ages and i really like it.
8.5/10

Robotech: The Marcoss Saga

The best way to sum up this series is that the things which are bad are balanced out by the things which are good.

Yes, the dialogue is rather poor, the animation is a bit shaky, there are many superior anime out there. At time I laughed at the poor quality. But as I watched it I started to fall for it. I began to like the plot and the characters especially Rick. I know that most people either love or loathe this series. I think I fall into the minority of people who fall somewhere in the middle.

I'll have to watch the other series in order to make a real verdict.

Score: 5 / 10 (which is probably being generous)

Back