Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Anime fan? Samurais fan? Fan of what?

Lets see, i watch anime knowing that is anime since maybe 1996 or something, though those times were just stuff that were broadcast on tv (dragon ball was one of them) or some vhs. 2001/2002 was the time i start watching much more stuff because of the internet access though i got it a few years before. Anyway, my thing for samurai stuff began with ninja scroll movie and rurouni kenshin tv, which told me a bit of japan's history and made me like the culture and after that i started to like more and more. In the beggining i just liked to watch samurai stuff and then started to open a lil bit to other contents and nowadys i see almost everything besides hentai, most os mechas, romance and the gay stuff that i dont remeber the name now. xD

I liked sword of the stranger a lot because it came out in a time where samurai stuff its not being made anymore, well not it rurouni kenshin ovas (best anime ever imo :p) way or champloo, samurai 7, peace maker kurogane and a few more. Ninja scroll tv too. Those were the shows i saw when i was begging to go back to anime, if i recall well, they were broacasted in japan between 2003 and 2004. Those were the shows man :p

Anyway, i will stop talking now cause im watching sengoku basara. Guess what? samurais again!! I think im gonna buy the show cause its real nice. Anyway, im just seeing it now cause i was about 2 years gone from anime until 2/3 months ago. One of the main reasons were that most of the shows didnt make my genre so know im seeing a few from last years.

Sorry about the big text. Did you get your answer? :D

Ranma 1/2 Season 1 box set - 10/10

Romantic comedy classic has a well deserved reputation. While the animation may be somewhat dated that in itself has a charming nostalgic appeal and the character designs are consistant with those of Rumiko Takahashi.

This series had me laughing out loud in places. Great fun. Hoping the rest of the show is equally entertaining. ^_^

Bakum4tsu, yes! Sword of the Stranger is a phenomenal film. I'd rate it up there with my favourite anime movies. The storyline is fairly simplistic and it's crammed full of samurai cliches, but it's just been done so, so well. The soundtrack is also incredible. Can't rate it highly enough.

My copy of Sengoku Basara has just turned up, looking forward to seeing it.

Kaede said:
Bakum4tsu, yes! Sword of the Stranger is a phenomenal film. I'd rate it up there with my favourite anime movies. The storyline is fairly simplistic and it's crammed full of samurai cliches, but it's just been done so, so well. The soundtrack is also incredible. Can't rate it highly enough.

My copy of Sengoku Basara has just turned up, looking forward to seeing it.

yes its that great 8)

I'm about to buy first season of Sengoku Basara. :D Hope the second season and the movie get released in the uk.

Not an anime per se, but watched Space Battleship Yamato Live Action (2010).

Was surprisingly decent for the most part, especially for a non-hollywood movie. CGI in the most part was relatively decent with some odd parts which didn't look as good.

Ending was a bit stretched out, but as someone who hadn't seen the original series or anything like that, and enjoys Sci-Fi, a mostly decent watch.
8/10

black cat

this series is probably worse then gundam seed and thats saying a lot, not cause it rip off another series , not cause it rip off characters from W, but this series was rushed and wasn't thought out well, and there was so many things unexplained and there are so many cheesy clichés with cheesy characters with predictable scenes and a rushed ending, the main character was good til he got to episode 6, this series is a combination of buso renkin + get backers + one squad = black cat (buso renkin *rushed*) (get backers *cheesy*) (one squad * totally crap*)

it dose have a few funny moments but that it.

4/10

devadasy

theres not much character development and the stories to short and theres not much explanation on what the aliens are and why they came to earth. devadasy a kind of a rip off of eva and the main character has nothing on his mind but getting in the pants of a girl lol.

5/10

I.R.I.A zeiram the animation

imagine esca flowne animation with outlaw star futureristic theme and the characters kinda look like a mix of hippy and bounty hunter,

this series is only 6 episodes long and to be honest it has aged a little and i was expecting it not to be that great and i was right but its ok to watch and if your in to that old look (1994) then you should watch it.

animation 7/10
story 7/10
characters 7/10

7/10

animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
bakum4tsu said:
animefreak you have a life right? ehehehh :p

We're all writing on this forum. None of us have a life.

umm yes we do life is what we make it and we enjoy watching anime.

Yes, that is our life. It's not much to those outside of the anime fandom, but it's our life none the less.

Anyway...

Robotech: The New Generation

Well, the animation is better than those in the first two series, and it is certainly an interesting story line what with the Earth being conquered and the main characters being a resistance force. However, I found most of the characters to be less likeable than those in the first two series, with Annie just coming across as annoying, so you can imagine my frustration when I thought I had seen the last of her in the tribal episode, but she cropped up again. Also, the ending is rather ambiguous which is annoying seeing as how that is the end of the series. It looks like I'll have to find the books to see how it ends.

Score: 4 / 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Highschool of the dead
Meh
Didnt like any of the characters (infact i was hoping that some of them would die.), Story was boring, all they did was move from one place to the other, Character development was crap and it FAR too much fan service. Infact who actually finds fan service in A CARTOON sexy? Its just werid and awkward! Was half of it even necessary? Im sorry if i've offended anyone who likes fan service, but still!

The only two things that saved this anime was the animation which was always fluid and smooth and the backgrounds were beautiful! They definately put all the effort in the backgrounds.

Overall: The worst anime ive seen this year so far!
5/10

Still going with Planetes. I started to like Tanabe more and then I started to hate her again and now I'm starting to l.. aDHAKJSKEGASRKG. I which this girl would stop being so annoying >=C

edit: whoops, I meant for this to go in the viewing journal >.< My apologies.

Watched the fist episode of Sengoku Basara last night and it has done nothing to sway my opinion that only about 1% of all anime is actually at all watchable. What an utter mess this first 30 minutes was.

Lots of different armies are fighting each other, but it's not explained why. Mainly it seems that they just like fighting. This would be OK on the action front if we actually saw some of the fighting.....but we don't. Two blokes flew up into the sky for some reason and pointed their weapons at each other, but that was it. One was from the red army and one was from the blue which was convenient, they then spoke of their burning desire to fight each other before the blue one that sometimes speaks in English ran away.

Essentially, you get the feeling that the producers don't have the time, money or skill to animate one of these fights the characters keep talking about it, so for the whole episode I was promised some kind of action that never arrived, regarding characters I have no clue about.

I will watch the next two episodes and if it doesn't improve drastically I'll be binning it (literally) and re-watching Sword of the Stranger.

1/10 - Awful.

Although it breaks my heart to see the show savaged like that, it made for a fantastically amusing review to read and I can't say that the summary itself was inaccurate. I thought the animation quality was very good though, for a TV series, even if the budget went into special effects and silliness rather than realistic swordplay.

R

Kaede said:
Watched the fist episode of Sengoku Basara last night and it has done nothing to sway my opinion that only about 1% of all anime is actually at all watchable. What an utter mess this first 30 minutes was.

Lots of different armies are fighting each other, but it's not explained why. Mainly it seems that they just like fighting. This would be OK on the action front if we actually saw some of the fighting.....but we don't. Two blokes flew up into the sky for some reason and pointed their weapons at each other, but that was it. One was from the red army and one was from the blue which was convenient, they then spoke of their burning desire to fight each other before the blue one that sometimes speaks in English ran away.

Essentially, you get the feeling that the producers don't have the time, money or skill to animate one of these fights the characters keep talking about it, so for the whole episode I was promised some kind of action that never arrived, regarding characters I have no clue about.

I will watch the next two episodes and if it doesn't improve drastically I'll be binning it (literally) and re-watching Sword of the Stranger.

1/10 - Awful.

Brilliant review XD

sanji no 1 said:
FAR too much fan service. Infact who actually finds fan service in A CARTOON sexy? Its just werid and awkward! Was half of it even necessary? Im sorry if i've offended anyone who likes fan service, but still!
Hold on...you watched High School of the Dead not expecting fanservice?

Oh and animefreak17 - try the Black Cat manga. The anime adaptation was pretty bawls (My fandom dream is a remake of Black Cat that sticks closer to the original manga). Let's just say, 20 episodes of Black Cat are based on the manga, which is 20 volumes long.

Back