Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

I'm selling some stuff and keeping other stuff upstairs I don't want to sell but I don't want downstairs on show (like Bleach). Aiming to out my AL CE's, DVDs etc downstairs once my units build and having the Ultimate Edition of FMA sat on the top with my Spike Spiegel figure.

Wondering if I'm gonna shame myself going alphabetical? - would I go alphabetical all in on per class like CE, DVD each sorted separate but alphabetical? lol
No particular order for me but I keep series together. If Fate/Apocrypha isn't anywhere near the rest of Fate that I have I'm on a warpath!

What kind of obnoxious visitors do you guys get who go touching your stuff without permission or with grubby hands? Perhaps it’s a British thing but I’d never, ever do anything like that at a friend’s house and would be pretty aghast if they did it at mine.
I've had those, were like neighbours. I don't really have them anymore (except perhaps my parents, who could care less about it, though they don't actively damage stuff by now), as I don't even let them into my room. But such experiences kinda stuck.
Also my bar of "clean hands" for these collections is kinda pretty high. Even I can't uphold them all the time, when I'm tidying up, so the bag is helpful even against myself.

If it looks stupid clashy i’ll keep CE’s, dvds and BR together and place em alphabetically. My unit wont be able to hold my entire collection as placing figures in spots too. I just wanted some nerd me downstairs now as i’ve kept everywhere cept my room and spare single room my none nerdy side.

It seems like quite a personal thing - I don’t use sleeves myself since the only reason I’d have to care about dust or fading would be if I’d bought something as an investment and wanted to preserve its value for later resale. Given that the only reason I buy media is to keep and use it however, I don’t really see the point.

Others do seem to like keeping things pristine though - I guess it brings them a certain sense of satisfaction to have mint copies, and far be it for me to disagree with whatever makes them happy.

Yeah, I personally am not too fussed about keeping them "pristine", I still want them to look presentable and as good as they can obviously. My main thought was that I'd still like to be able to keep my blu rays and manga on display in 30-40 years time and have it still be presentable and watchable / readable and if these plastic covers were necessary if you wished to keep them that long.

Yeah, I personally am not too fussed about keeping them "pristine", I still want them to look presentable and as good as they can obviously. My main thought was that I'd still like to be able to keep my blu rays and manga on display in 30-40 years time and have it still be presentable and watchable / readable and if these plastic covers were necessary if you wished to keep them that long.
This already depends on the pruduction quality. One fo these absurdly poor Tokyopop volumes (staring at you NG Life v1-2) is certainly better put into a bag, just for warding off/buffering simple mechalical damage though accidential hits. (Vacuumer stick, staring at you). For DVDs 30-40 is probably hard at any rate, due to disc rotting.

If you have stuff on the shelf, open aired, though, be prepared for partial yellowing. The sides more exposed to light will obviously have the effects sooner. Depending on the intensity of the (sun) light and heat, this can also go pretty quick. It can get some pretty funny patterns. Usually concerns spines and edges, but can eat itself into the book. Anime release's packaging print usually is of better quality, so will take a deal longer, but if you really want to keep it printine, a bag will certainly prolong it for a few years.

But chances are still that most of anything will get a reprint/reedition/rerelease in the meantime, probably in whatever medium that there be at the time, with which you can just replace the stuff. So if you don't want to trouble yourself too much you could do that for the stuff, that's on the rare side.

I can’t be alone in actually liking page yellowing in books, surely? I’ve got some great old paperbacks from as far back as the 1950s in which the pages are almost totally yellow, and to me it just gives them character and a sense of how old they are. They’re still perfectly readable (though that may be since back then the type was stamped so hard into the paper that it has a texture to it).

I am however a little confused about some of my manga volumes, which appear to be entirely immune to the effects. One of my volumes of Yotsuba for instance (and only one) is not yellowing at all when both the older and newer volumes are. Which is a bit weird. Obviously paper type plays a part but there doesn’t appear to be anything special about this particular book.

Depends a lot on the book. I've even got some books older than the last century, those are obviously looking yellow and everything, but they were already old when I got them, so already felt like "past era". I don't think I like that feeling for things I experienced to be new once before. Only makes me myself feel (too) old.

It does depend a lot on the paper quality, sometimes not immediately visible to the eye. (Like density of paper tissues or so.) How much bleach/white there is mixed in etc. And it does happen quite often, that a volume in the middle may have come out of a diffrent printer company.

I don't keep my anime in plastic bags or anything but I do dust off the cases and boxes with compressed air and if anybody started pulling stuff off shelves and getting their hands all over it I'd kill them in an instant. LOL

Nothing exiciting as such just a quick overview of my collection as of 2020. Looks considerably different to the last time I shared it in this thread. Just kinda felt like doing this after a discussion I had on Fandom Post.
[/QUOTE]

Hoo-I like those sets of Blood + you have there. You have no idea how hard it was to find set 1 in almost pristine condition with the t-shirt. I got really lucky to be in the right place at the right time-set 2 was easy to find, though. Unfortunately my Maison Ikkoku collection ends at box set 7, never could find set 8, damn it anyway! There's a lot of overlap between my collection and yours. I'll try to post some pictures of my collection in the next few days.

Last edited:
A year ago I joined these forums and posted my humble collection. I think for my anniversary here I should show an update. Things are a bit disorganised on the shelves atm since I am also moving to a new flat so please forgive that.

View attachment 11749View attachment 11750

Didn't forget the Gundam this time.
View attachment 11751

Time for an update. I have moved to my flat and put up a shelf just for my anime. The bottom shelf is the back log I accumulated from the Christmas sales (still waiting for some Funi stuff as well).

IMG_20200308_160916.jpg

It's been a year since I joined the forum! How time flys. Heres an update of my collection part 1:

20200418_154342.jpg
20200418_154425.jpg
20200418_154405.jpg
20200418_154632.jpg
20200418_154645.jpg
20200418_154700.jpg

20200418_154500.jpg

20200418_161929.jpg

Back