Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

BlackStrat said:
NoSurprises said:
I couldn't get over the loss of my favourite thread, so figured I'd re-make it.
Fixed.

I initially wanted to hate on you for taking those Blu-ray cases out of their artboxes but man, it just looks so neat and tidy this way.
What's with the missing cover next to Space Dandy though? And more importantly, where's Evangelion?
Fwiw, your needlessly expensive crap gets my seal of approval :thumb:
Hah, thanks!

The Eva tin/movie and couple of Kon movies (and alien nine...) live in a CD case which wasn't very photogenic. Their cases are in the other random box that I couldn't quite be bothered to pull out.

The case next to Space Dandy has She and her Cat in it, they tried to wind me up by selling it in a DVD sized case...

I'm paranoid of dinking the art boxes (you might be able to tell from the obsessive level of packaging), so they tend to live in boxes, plus like you said, looks a bit neater and gives me a bit more space this way.

NoSurprises said:
Please help me justify it by posting your own...

[spoilerbutton]
hHRaFNE.jpg

hWaIxp3.jpg

dzIydpf.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Am I mistaken or do you have some of your JP/AoA BDs in hard plastic cases? If the answer is yes, where would one acquire some?

Mangaranga said:
Am I mistaken or do you have some of your JP/AoA BDs in hard plastic cases? If the answer is yes, where would one acquire some?
The hard plastic cases, while probably excessive, I've found to be awesome.

From some blind buying I've discovered:

SCF2 fits the Monogatari sized AoA slips. It's not exactly snug, but it was the smallest one I've found that would fit them, and they don't exactly rattle about in there.

SCF1 fits the regular slipcovers (where you can remove the blu-ray from the top or bottom) pretty snugly. I even managed to squeeze in Bubblegum crisis somehow.

If you want some more pictures of them, or for me to try and jam something in one feel free to PM.

Currently in the progress of moving into a new, larger room after my sister moved out, so this is temporary storage for now. I kinda gave up on alphabetising after I ran out of shelf space and just shoved stuff where there was room.

[spoilerbutton]Everything:
GMN6RPf.jpg

Closer images:
DVDs:
Bd0KAIa.jpg

BDs:
8TLGs81.jpg

More BDs:
zPdEK2G.jpg

Yet more, mostly awkwardly-sized BDs (and a Kill La Kill OST):
Qa6t47Q.jpg

Wait! Some more BDs:
ZL3HqqQ.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Manga collection isn't really in a photographable state right now. Planning on buying a bunch of bookshelves soonish to better house everything.

I've been moving things around so I thought I'd take a few pictures of what I have while I had them off the shelves and in a line (it's really awkward to try get a photo of them all on the shelves). As I've said I'm pretty sure I have the smallest (or one of) collections on the site, and certainly nothing fancy like some of you guys, but it's mine and it's growing, albeit very slowly at the moment.

[spoilerbutton]
xENVYjIl.jpg

Rwic5Tjl.jpg

B1t0vIpl.jpg

a9okKN4l.jpg

6fcWCPCl.jpg

wlL8IVDl.jpg

BgW6xJvl.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Just to note this isn't actually everything I own as none of my Ghibli BDs are here as they are elsewhere just now and a few other bits and bobs have been loaned to people and I'm very lazy so haven't gotten them back yet, but it is most of it.

IncendiaryLemon said:
How weird. Your Bleach collection is the same as mine, with Season 6 being the only one in a cardboard box before Season 9.
It's pretty infuriating tbh, it bothers me so much that I've been known to search ebay for the card versions of the series that I have the plastic cases versions of lol it's fine now though as I'm gonna get the BDs as they come out cause god knows I haven't spent enough on what is actually an extremely mediocre show. :p

*It's also annoying me more than it should that in that photo it goes 8 - 11 - 9 lol.

Finally got around to buying a new bookshelf, so I finally have somewhere to properly house my manga collection. :D

Photos are kinda bad due to only have a phone camera and crappy lighting in my room.

F01cMw0.jpg

2PmHPaR.jpg

Zds9oLM.jpg

wJuw3i5.jpg

End of manga and start of sparse light-novel collection.
20OaMC5.jpg

Yeah, I'll probably end up picking up one of the half-width versions when this one fills up. My manga buying has slowed down considerably lately though, so this one should do me for a while, hopefully. There's a good few things on that shelf I haven't gotten around to reading yet, so I'm probably not gonna buy much more until I get through that backlog.

Now that the New Anime UK News forums is on fire and your defense is terrified, I decided it's time to get this thread up and rolling again. I originally took these pictures of my collections for the previous forum but decided to hold back on them, but now we are back here and images seem to be back to their optimising old self, I thought why not post them now?!

I have recently sorted out my shelving and downsized some of my collections (photos shown here have even been downsized more since then), I flipped the shelves around now so where my Manga collection is would have been where my Anime, Games, DVDs & Blu-Rays would be, I have also added an extra shelf for my manga. Also my arrangements are slightly different Manga is a bit more random now having previously been alphabetized, no real logic I just went with my gut, Anime is split between DVD/Blu-Ray but is now also broken down into TV Series & Movies now to make it easier to choose something based on what I want to watch at any given moment.

Start of the Anime Blu-Ray TV Collection, starting up front on the bottom shelf.

TV Continued, Movies Start!

Movies End, TV DVD Start!

TV DVD End, TV Movies and a handful of Non-Anime movies to plug the gap!

Patema sits by herself on the top shelf, 'tis a bit big!

Top Shelf Manga, Primarily large trim Sized volumes and the start of KnT. (Only recently realised Bund's volumes are the wrong way around!

More KnT, HxH and the start of BLEACH.

Bottom Shelf, All the BLEACH!

Second slightly smaller shelf, Rest of BLEACH, Start of Air Gear.

Middle Shelf, More Air Gear, Also of note above, Limited Edition Japanese Volume 13 of Air Gear.

Bottom Shelf, Rest of Air Gear, Various Series.

Various Series' sitting next to the Manga shelf.

Third Shelf, the Brand New Recently bought shelf.

Middle Shelf, don't really have enough stuff to fill out these shelves at the moment!

Bottom Shelf, AKIRA is too big to stand upright on any of my shelves.

Miscellaneous items that are currently sitting on top of the new shelf.

Recently Added Anime.

Recently Added Manga.

Kindle Manga Series'.

BookWalker Series List.

ComiXology Manga Series'.

Last edited:
Great Collection, Laser! I need to get around to the NGE Omnibus set. :)

Reminds me that I should post again, since I bought new cases and did some re-arranging a few weeks back. :p

Now that the New Anime UK News forums is on fire and your defense is terrified

XS5LK.gif

Last edited:
For comparisons between this current update and my previous ones, check the links below:
- Update #01 from 26th August 2013 (via Blog)
- Update #02 from 14th January 2014 (via Blog)
- Update #03 from 6th September 2014 (for the Blog version: see here)
- Update #04 from 1st April 2015 (for the Blog version: see here)

If you want to check out these images in 1080p then feel free to have a look here.

I also have a blog post here in case the images go missing.

Well then. It's been over a year since my last major complete collection update, and the main reason for the delay was because my average pickups per months was much lower compared to my time at University (also I was unable to find a placement so I had no choice but to take a year out instead). I decided to hold off this update until I had enough to make a difference.

If you like a quick recap on the previous updates, see the links above. Nevertheless, here is my 5th collection update. The difference here is that I have moved things around so that I can provide more space for each specific distributor.

View 1:

2C6nRzm.jpg

My main shelf is full of anime titles. This time I have moved the Funimation limited edition sets to the top part as a design change. The major additions this time around are Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, D-Frag!, Hyperdimension Neptunia as well as some Part 2 titles slotted inside the artboxes for Guilty Crown, Last Exile -Fam, the Silver Wing-, Robotics;Notes, Shakugan no Shana Season 3 and Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar. I also placed my Rightstuf ad cards on the spare area just for show. You can also see the Patema Inverted kickstarter cards on the top.

View 2:

tW0GXfv.jpg

Next up we have everyone's most hated distributor, everyone's most loved distributor and everyone's now deceased (anime-wise) distributor; Aniplex of America, Anime Limited and NIS America. In the previous collection update I did update my Aniplex collection however after that I got some sets then spent most of my time not picking any more until very recently. Anywho the major additions this time around for the Aniplex section are Expelled from Paradise, Fate/Zero Box Set II, Garden of Sinners Blu-ray Disc Box, Garden of Sinners: Recalled Out Summer, Monogatari Second Season's Nekomonogatari White arc, and Nisekoi Volumes 1 & 2.

NIS America has a couple new updates but only Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2 is shown in this view, as the premium box sets can only fit in this section of the shelf. For Anime Limited I have a ton of updates thanks to various pickups between the last update and now. The major additions are Durarara!! Season 1 Standard Edition (given to me for free as a replacement due to the discs), Kill la Kill Box 3 with the special box, Mobile Suit Gundam Parts 1 & 2 with the 1000 print bonuses, Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise, Samurai Flamenco Part 1, Sword Art Online II Part 1 with the special box, Terror in Resonance with the Ultimate Edition box next to the other ultimate sets and the Blu-ray case with the others, and Tiger & Bunny: The Rising. I also have one new addition from Universal Pictures; Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-. I figured this would sit next to the Anime Limited titles as it's well-deserved. I also have the Kill la Kill tote bag from MCM Comic Con on the spare area just for show.

View 3:

4OvWOPv.jpg

For once I am making use of the bottom parts of my shelf. In the last update I had my manga, novels, bigger sized books, visual novels and DVD sized UK sets here. I decided to relocate them in order to have my main shelf focused on the US/JP and Anime Limited/Universal sets this time around.

The fifth row (second-to-bottom) covers my standard Funimation sets, the individual Twilight Time set, Viz Media's limited edition sets, the Honneamise set, the Nozomi set, and my Vita limited editions for Senran Kagura. The major additions here are Air, Darker Than Black Season 2, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood collections 1 & 2, and Kanon 2006 from Funimation; Harlock: Space Pirate 3D from Twilight Time; and Senran Kagura Estival Versus Vita from XSEED Games. There's also the Persona 4 Golden badges in the middle just for show.

The sixth row (bottom) covers the special edition sets that I honestly couldn't place elsewhere due to the space they take up. These are the NIS America newer modelled premium sets and the Sentai Filmworks sets. In addition I also have my PlayStation Vita collection slotted in the middle between them, with the Taiga plushie from that Viewster Omakase box. The major additions in this row are Genshiken: Second Generation and A Lull in the Sea from NIS America; Danganronpa Another Episode, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, and Tales of Hearts R for the Vita. Sentai's collection is mostly new additions surprisingly enough. For the standard sets it's ef: A Tale of Melodies, ef: A Tale of Memories, and Fate/stay night collections 1 & 2 plus Elfen Lied from the Section23 ADV label; while the collector's edition sets are High School of the Dead, Knights of Sidonia, No Game No Life and Persona 4 the Animation. There's also the Funimation premium edition of Darker Than Black Season 1 on the bottom right of the shelf, because it's a terrible set (good show though).

View 4:

TO2z7yL.jpg

Here's the new location for my big manga box sets and the UK anime sets. There's nothing new added to this section so let's move along.

View 5:

tKq1sNw.jpg

This is the new location for most of the manga I had in the main shelf. I honestly didn't buy much during my time at home but I did get some new additions not long after the previous update as well as some novels from December. The major additions are Another (novel), JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood volumes 2 & 3, Kizumonogatari (novel), Master Keaton volume 1, Monster volume 1, Vagabond Vizbig volume 1 and Vinland Saga volume 1.

View 6:

iotb7wK.jpg

Now we have the top part of the mini-shelf. This used to be where the big manga box sets were located, but now I decided to use this space for the bigger books, visual novels and asian cinema films. The major additions here are the Clannad visual novel from the Sekai Project kickstarter (with the manga anthology and Clannad Side Stories), live-action Rurouni Kenshin films 2 & 3 (Kyoto Inferno and The Legend Ends) and the third Walking Dead compilation comic.

And as an added bonus, here's the PlayStation stuff:

View 7:

CKpohey.jpg

Moving on we have the PlayStation shelf; mainly consisting of PlayStation and PlayStation 3 games. The PS3 games have grown quite a fair bit since the previous update. The major additions are The Darkness II, Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-, Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, NieR, One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, Rock Band 3, Steins;Gate, Tales of Graces f, Tales of Xillia, and Yakuza Dead Souls. I do plan to try and acquire a couple more games for the PS3 before they completely discontinue.

Views 8:

iXZmriK.jpg

And here's the main consoles that I use nowadays. In fact you'll notice I also have a PlayStation 4 along with a couple games next to it; Dragon Quest Heroes, Final Fantasy Type-0 (which I already picked up and as seen in the 4th update), Ratchet & Clank, Rock Band 4, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

Here's my main shelf in one photo:

EyJ0kGP.jpg

So yeah, that's pretty much it. upupupupupu

Like I've done with the previous AUKN posts, a quick Q&A segment!
  • What do you intend on picking up this Q4 season?
    I have a couple titles I plan on picking up, however it depends on the availability of stock, whether they end up getting delayed (again) and of course pricing. As you can tell Gundam is one of the titles.
  • Any plans to acquire more visual novels?
    Yes I would like to acquire a couple more. However with Sekai Project I'm sticking with digital only because their kickstarters are annoying and a lot of them are digital. As for the Limited Run Game titles, this is a good opportunity but personally it's going to cost too much; LRG's shipping is expensive and the games sell out in seconds, what's the point to be honest.
  • I hear you're giving up on collecting the Funimation LEs, is this true?
    Yes I have changed my plans on these for a few reasons. The SRP has gone up for basically zero difference in the product (now $84.98) and the 'special art cards' are not worth an extra $15 when previous titles have included them for the $69.98 SRP without any issues. As such I only plan to get High School DxD Born, Overlord and Prison School from the current and upcoming titles. As for catalogue I would like to get Danganronpa. Aquarion EVOL and Assassination Classroom are possibilities but their standard edition sets do a good enough job. As for the premium edition sets, I only have Haruhi Suzumiya on order from TRSI (already paid via PayPal) and the reason for this is because they have the ONA episodes on Blu-ray exclusively to that set (and also because I'm a fan of the series). The rest of the special editions are not worth the asking price; Psycho Pass 2 has a decent enough version done by Anime Limited, Escaflowne's US set is too much for the asking price plus the UK has better content, Code Geass is simply the two standard editions in a box, Shimoneta has pointless filler, Rage of Bahamut Genesis has known damages plus the booklet is better off outside the boxset, and etc. etc. etc. Thankfully Funimation have stopped doing tons of LEs because they oversaturated the community.
  • Getting more Aniplex sets?
    Yep, but timing is what I want at the moment. Given Fate/Zero received a reprint out of nowhere, that does increase the chances for Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] since they have similar releases. Sword Art Online II as you know I have decided to pickup the UK sets, and I will also be picking up the UK sets for Aldnoah.Zero since it has the exact same content plus better English audio (with the only downside being the video quality, but heck the show is a trainwreck so I don't care at this point). Durarara!!x2 is an odd case because I'm still conflicted, so I will wait until further notice. If the currency rate doesn't improve I'll end up getting the UK versions instead (and act like the OVAs don't exist or something, someone will end up reminding me just out of spite). I do plan on getting Monogatari Second Season and Nisekoi Season 1 collected and completed.
  • Anime Limited Escaflowne?
    Yes however I am unable to accept the £90 deal due to spending on other titles earlier in the month. I will however make use of the MVM's £104.99 offer they have at the moment.

Back