Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

I wondered for a minute there if Peepo Choo was some sort of Japanese adaptation of Peep Show, given the similar names and familiar font.

Shiroi Hane said:
Have you mounted Benno sideways?

Is that what's going on? I just thought they'd taken the pic sideways. Does look suspiciously like Benno though.

I still want to photograph mine, but due to my place being rented I can't screw my Billys into the wall (and the fact I have an old and not very straight building) so they are all leaning in different directions like \\//
Need to get it fixed. Not to mention half my collection is still back at my mother's place.

FourthLion said:
Shiroi Hane said:
Have you mounted Benno sideways?

Is that what's going on? I just thought they'd taken the pic sideways. Does look suspiciously like Benno though.

I still want to photograph mine, but due to my place being rented I can't screw my Billys into the wall (and the fact I have an old and not very straight building) so they are all leaning in different directions like \\//
Need to get it fixed. Not to mention half my collection is still back at my mother's place.

yeah, its just the pictures taken sideways

Well it's kinda hard to take a picture of my stuff with my crappy camera, and the way i've double stacked (sometimes triple) on shelves obscures a fair chunk of it, but here goes...

Here's the anime. Bottom shelf is where i heap all the stuff i'm less likely to rewatch, so there's a stack as big behind as there is at the front...

The nearly empty middle shelf is the US import shelf i've just started, so it's quite bare, but i've got far too much stuff on order to fill it...

Then there's the rest of my anime

Then onto my manga... most of it is visible, though a few series like Nabari No Ou are hidden behind other stacks of manga... oh and Rurouni Kenshin omnibi have been brutally trimmed off picture by the angle :)

oh, and i have the Problem Sleuth/Homestuck books on the manga shalves too, as with their God-Tierness there's nowhere else for 'em to go :)

I think Plush Nodoka is peeping out from behind Sephiroth, but she's hard to see...

anyway that's about it, I think. :)

Took these a few days ago. Alas I can't get a good angle from in my room and I've also discovered I have very unsteady hands, so couldn't get a clear image

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

^That's most of my manga, I have some other volumes in other places while I sort things out

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

^anime shelf

As awesome as it is seeing everyone's collections, it saddens me to think how obsolete those DVDs are going to be soon, just like VHS is today. I spent a lot of money collecting anime on DVD, and now many of them are re-released on Blu-ray with better packaging, bonus content and so on…we end up buying the same product on multiple platforms with little to not improvements.

BD players can still play DVDs though, so unless you're very obsessive about repurchasing everything (and most series will never make the leap anytime soon, let alone in English) those DVDs will be useful for a long time to come. Unlike with VHS where I gladly binned those horrible things as soon as I could replace them ^^;

R

Nemphtis said:
As awesome as it is seeing everyone's collections, it saddens me to think how obsolete those DVDs are going to be soon, just like VHS is today. I spent a lot of money collecting anime on DVD, and now many of them are re-released on Blu-ray with better packaging, bonus content and so on…we end up buying the same product on multiple platforms with little to not improvements.

Unfortunately with the way the industry is going and the whole licensing fiasco that seems to happen with most major releases I seriously doubt as to whether or not this is going to be a problem with most old the older releases.

Unless it's something new from Japan or a "classic" we will struggle to see a Blu-Ray release. Hell we're lucky to have some series on DVD!

In the process of re decorating so please excuse the fact they are just sitting on my desk.

Also excuse the missing ones, they are here somewhere....

P1020776.jpg

Back