Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Right here's my Blu-rays, I didn't think it was too bad for a years worth of collecting until @ChristmasPenguin showed up with a similar amount (including manga) in half a year!:

Ghibli Collection
_20180120_114144.JPG

Bonus shot that I took before I got Castle of Cagliostro
DSC_0203_1.JPG

Stand alone films
_20180120_114627.JPG

Series/films of series
_20180120_114719.JPG

A couple of bits I picked up that I haven't posted here, Your Name. poster from the Showcase viewing I went to (see first post on my return to the forum)
_20180120_114509.JPG

And some art cards from the Ghibli season that Picturehouse ran around the time Marnie came out. I didn't actually see any of them because I had missed the ones I would go to a cinema to see by the time I found out about it!
DSC_1316.JPG
DSC_1317.JPG

That's pretty much it, apart from 2 CDs I have in my car (my only decent CD player)

Hi guys! I'm new here, and generally new to anime. I started collecting in October/November, and here is my current anime collection. It's not very big, but I hope to expand it along the year. Currently I have around 5-6 releases on my ordered list.

1o69om.jpg

Hope the image works!
As you can see, I have my anime with the rest of my blu-ray collection, so I had to remove them, then put them in for themselves.

Edit: Sorry for the potato quality, the lightning is not at the best place.

A nice collection you have coming along there.

Well I got a bookcase to replace my towers and moved a lot of stuff about. Wasn't happy with all my big CE sets being on top of the DVD towers so I moved them- something else will likely take that space in time.
Oh and the reason there's two Good Luck Girls is that one is the empty chipboard case I'm currently using as a placeholder for when D-Frag arrives.
Anime:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
New bookshelves:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
My Tokyo Ghoul shelf:
image.jpg

Last edited:
That advice is way too sensible, I've got about 400 titles in my ''to watch" list which is about 10% of my total BD/DVD collection :oops:

Thank you for the link to blu-ray.com in your footer. Gonna set up a list to compliment MAL.
back you your collection, 400? I'd be looking for career leave to get through the half of it :p

@HWR Sooo what is the point of the plastic? I mean I would assume to keep dust off of the sets right? Though dust doesn't really damage sets and can be kept on top of with relative ease (this coming from someone with a bunch of experience). Sunlight is a greater danger than dust most of the time.

I just don't get why you would want to cover everything like that? It makes the sets look pretty ugly in some cases, especially all your Collector Sets. Also it must be a real hassle to get into the sets when you need to.

Nice collection but I really don't get it :S

Sooo what is the point of the plastic? I mean I would assume to keep dust off of the sets right? Though dust doesn't really damage sets and can be kept on top of with relative ease (this coming from someone with a bunch of experience).

I just don't get why you would want to cover everything like that? It makes the sets look pretty ugly in some cases, especially all your Collector Sets. Also it must be a real hassle to get into the sets when you need to.

You make valid points, though I have no issue with the plastic being on my sets at all, I barely even notice it on them tbh. I move my sets around a lot so the wraps keep dust away and any damage from occurring to the sets as they're frequently pulled in and out and shuffled about.

On a side note it takes about ten seconds longer on average to access my wrapped anime sets, it's not a hassle at all and I can be a rather impatient individual when it comes to things like that.

I do understand where you're coming from, but every collector is different and has their own approach as to how they present and protect their stuff, to each their own. Now if I put standard amarays without slipcovers in plastic wraps then I'd think it was overboard ;)

As the title suggests, this is a thread for posting pics of your anime DVD collections, or other anime items in such quantities that you just have to show them off, and so that others may comment on your collection.

Here is my collection. ^_^ May it give you an insight into my tastes in anime (and other media too) and a glimpse of what my living room is like when it is tidied for a photo. ^^;

DSC_0011.jpg

My whole collection, plus assorted cool stuff that managed to get in shot.

Shelf #1
Shelf #2
Shelf #3
Shelf #4

Dude, did you literally just buy all the earth's anime supply? XD Seriously though, that's an impressive collection!

*Goes off to cry* ;)

@HWR Sooo what is the point of the plastic? I mean I would assume to keep dust off of the sets right? Though dust doesn't really damage sets and can be kept on top of with relative ease (this coming from someone with a bunch of experience). Sunlight is a greater danger than dust most of the time.

Not sure if I can really feel justified in adding my thoughts seeing as how my anime collection right now consists of only Gundam Wing and the Endless Waltz movie...*coughs* but...

I'm guessing some people are serious collectors, and maybe they just like having something tangible in the form of something that keeps a boxed set tidy and orderly. I know with things like Disney you can get collectors editions and things like that, so maybe if they get sold on in the future (and they're in good nick), they command a higher price. It sounds crazy but I bet there are serious collectors out there that will pay through the nose for DVDs that have certain features on them that previous releases don't?

Anyway, just my opinions ^^

Not sure if I can really feel justified in adding my thoughts seeing as how my anime collection right now consists of only Gundam Wing and the Endless Waltz movie...*coughs* but...

I'm guessing some people are serious collectors, and maybe they just like having something tangible in the form of something that keeps a boxed set tidy and orderly. I know with things like Disney you can get collectors editions and things like that, so maybe if they get sold on in the future (and they're in good nick), they command a higher price. It sounds crazy but I bet there are serious collectors out there that will pay through the nose for DVDs that have certain features on them that previous releases don't?

Anyway, just my opinions ^^

I'm one of these serious collectors, I have a collection that rivals HWR's and I have most certainly bought releases for certain features lol. Just for me I didn't really like the look of the plastic, it's bordering on the figure collectors that never open the boxes. To me clear plastic is just getting in the way of why someone would want to buy something. Any set will spend 99% of it's life on the shelf, thats just how it works. So to wrap it in plastic and have it look worse than it would without it, robbing that color and pop that would have attracted someone to buy a Limited Edition set to begin with just is strange to me. Dust is rarely an issue and shelf wear is similarly not something I've had to worry about it. I would worry that the sets might sweat in that plastic which could lead to peeling potentially though I'm sure HWR is aware of that.

Having said all that HWR has a really nice collection, with some great sets. I disagree on the need for the plastic but hey it ain't my collection so it doesn't matter. Each to their own and all that.

I posted my own collection on here last year, it's out of date now though with plenty of incomings and outgoings. Still here is the link

I'm one of these serious collectors, I have a collection that rivals HWR's and I have most certainly bought releases for certain features lol. Just for me I didn't really like the look of the plastic, it's bordering on the figure collectors that never open the boxes. To me clear plastic is just getting in the way of why someone would want to buy something. Any set will spend 99% of it's life on the shelf, thats just how it works. So to wrap it in plastic and have it look worse than it would without it, robbing that color and pop that would have attracted someone to buy a Limited Edition set to begin with just is strange to me. Dust is rarely an issue and shelf wear is similarly not something I've had to worry about it. I would worry that the sets might sweat in that plastic which could lead to peeling potentially though I'm sure HWR is aware of that.

Having said all that HWR has a really nice collection, with some great sets. I disagree on the need for the plastic but hey it ain't my collection so it doesn't matter. Each to their own and all that.

I posted my own collection on here last year, it's out of date now though with plenty of incomings and outgoings. Still here is the link
Again you make valid points, though aside from going overboard in one or two places (need to remove some excessive plastic from a couple of sets now they're on the bookshelf), I find that the wraps I use still allow the sets to stand out just fine, and it keeps slipcovers from getting worn.

However, It seems that this is a topic that we agree to disagree on and that's fine, it's what forums are for, discussion, and as you say, to each their own. Now putting that aside your collection is very cool, it's a reason I subscribed to your YouTube channel ;)

Yes there are :)

Vol.11 of Dunbine anyone?
That elusive Kanon or NHK Volume perhaps?

The £50 I spent on a used copy of Saiyuki Gunlock Vol. 5
There's also a few really hard to find Blu Ray sets that cost a pretty penny.

I've never seen a copy of the Funi LE for Oniai on sale for less than £100 in the four years I've been collecting.

Those Baka and Test LEs are a rarity too. They seem to go for quite a high price. I got lucky with those.

There's also a few really hard to find Blu Ray sets that cost a pretty penny.

I've never seen a copy of the Funi LE for Oniai on sale for less than £100 in the four years I've been collecting.

Those Baka and Test LEs are a rarity too. They seem to go for quite a high price. I got lucky with those.

Someone needs to make a topic for the Anime Purchases of shame where we all list our most ridiculous purchases of Anime that no sane person would dare do haha

Back