Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Discussion in 'General Anime Chit-Chat' started by Mutsumi, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Death Scythe

That's a year of buying anime? o_O I'd be lucky if I have an eighth of that lol please buy some shelves ;_;.

2. Joe

Joe School Idol

Time to post some up-to-date photos of my collection, methinks.

First up, DVDs, which live on their own shelves above where my computer sits.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    French DVD release of Evangelion. That Tokyo Godfathers set might also be the rarest piece in my entire collection, going by the current asking prices online.

Moving on to the bulk of the collection, is the big black bookshelf, where all of my blu-rays, manga and what little light novels I own live. All the shelves are two rows deep, otherwise I wouldn't have nearly enough room for everything!
    [​IMG]

First up, blu-ray, with DVD-sized cases starting out:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front row of top-shelf:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back row of second shelf:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front row of second shelf, plus backlog stuff that hasn't been put into its proper place yet:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moving on to manga, with the first shelf being only a single row deep due to housing the larger-format volumes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second shelf of manga is two rows deep, starting in the remainder of the larger volumes before moving on to the more standard size in the back row:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then the front row:
    [​IMG]
    Sitting on the back row are Japanese volumes of Toto's World, Honey and Clover and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, plus all three volumes of the Nyoro-n Churuya-san doujinshi.

[​IMG]
    Sitting on the back row, Japanese volumes of Amanchu!, German volumes of Hyouka, and a duplicate Aqua volume 1 where the first few chapters are printed upside-down and back-to-front.

Then the final shelf of manga, starting with the back row:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then the front row:
    [​IMG]
    Sitting on the back row: Japanese volumes of Yotsuba&!, Nichijou, some Japanese Pokémon 4-koma set, ADV's volume 1 of Yotsuba&!, a duplicate Welcome to the NHK volume 1, and the Yotsuba & Monochrome Animals picture book.

[​IMG]
    Pictured at the end is the start of my meagre LN collection, Kizumonogatari, Bakemonogatari parts 1 and 2, and the first two Haruhi novels.

Then finally, the bottom shelf of the unit, housing NISA's Hanasaku Iroha blu-rays sets, since they're too large to really go anywhere else, and the remainder of my pitiful LN collection, Spice & Wolf 1-3:
    [​IMG]

Stiivun, Blaize, msgeek and 2 others like this.
  3. PilibO

PilibO Student Council President

I'm terrible at keeping track of time and it's actually been 2.5 years!

4. PilibO

A really nice collection! Out of interest, how much were the SAC sets with postage? I'd be very tempted!

5. Joe

Joe School Idol

Both with shipping ended up costing me around £130 or so.

PilibO likes this.
  6. bakum4tsu

bakum4tsu Pokémon Master

Even for 2.5 years that's crazy. Been collecting for 10 years now but I don't even have half of that. I dont do blind buys and I only buy what I really like and if there's a high chance to watch it again though.

Oh and yeah get some shelves :)

PilibO likes this.
  7. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Thousand Master

my collection pales in number to these. I'm jealous.

8. Neil.T

Neil.T Magical Girl

Only 2.5 years?! Holy actual heck, @PilibO. :eek: ;)

How did you do it?

9. PilibO

I live for Early Bird specials and the sweet sweet discounts

10. cudwieser

cudwieser Student Council President

11. NoSurprises

NoSurprises Great Teacher

Moving stuff about again, so here are some relatively spartan boxes of blu-rays! (Fret not, the art boxes are stored safely elsewhere).

I should probably alphabetize at some point...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

msgeek likes this.
  12. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Think I'll have to invest in some of those boxes at some point for manga. My shelf is pretty much full. Mind you, I'd have to sort a lot of crap from under my bed out first to have a place to put the boxes!

13. NoSurprises

Best reason to buy boxes is to force yourself to sort through crap! That and building forts anyway...

IncendiaryLemon likes this.
  14. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Za Warudo

The majority of my anime collection is in boxes stacked in my wardrobe as by bookshelves is full of manga.

15. Blaize

Blaize Adventurer

Jealous of the Jin Roh release. I regret not getting that.

16. ShipTeaser

ShipTeaser Dandy Guy, in Space

Indeed. I'm having to box up more and more myself as space is nonexistant nowadays...

And i cant use under the bed as the drawers there are already full...

17. IncendiaryLemon

Out if interest, can I ask where you got your Kizumonogatari? I have AoA's and it's in a clear amaray, I thought they were all like that. Mine might also be slightly thicker, but that could be my imagination.

18. NoSurprises

I uhh, re-cased it using one of the standard UK slim cases like the rest of the series, because I am a crazy person...

Original case is sat in the slip in a meta box of boxes.

19. IncendiaryLemon

Ah, fair enough!

20. NoSurprises

I hate the cheapy US lock cases that most of the series came in, then they started putting them in really nice cases, but they were a slightly different size!

So I ended up buying an auction of 20 of the standard UK 11mm spine double cases for about a tenner, which all the covers fit in fine, achieving zen uniformity!