Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

That's a nice volume of manga Lawrence, but doesn't that bottom right picture just show er, for want of a better word... crap?

i already know i put this up but im putting the video up

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zr4TFPblpgQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zr4TFPblpgQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Well, look at Lawrence and his fancy book reading. :p

ayase said:
That's a nice volume of manga Lawrence, but doesn't that bottom right picture just show er, for want of a better word... crap?
Hey man, my crap takes offence at the idea that there might be a better word to describe it.

Lawrence said:
ilmaestro said:
Well, look at Lawrence and his fancy book reading. :p

ayase said:
Hey man, my crap takes offence at the idea that there might be a better word to describe it.

I do pride myself in my book pick-ups, though I still haven't read half of them, Joseph Heller's rambling writing is rather good at detering my efforts to finish the Catch 22 and I refuse to move on until it's finished.

As for the crap, it's actually pretty well orginised. The cables you see sticking up, that's my cable box, all my cables go there.

Tell me about it.. I just gave up in the end. Classics don't have to be dull, books like Dracula and Dante's Inferno prove that, but Catch 22 is letting the side down :p.

really good collections indeed. But do any of you rewatch shows or just see new stuff? I try to rewatch but it aint easy. Time is not enough.

I see people with a lot of stuff, do you buy cause you like them all or some of them its just for collection?

bakum4tsu said:
really good collections indeed. But do any of you rewatch shows or just see new stuff? I try to rewatch but it aint easy. Time is not enough.

I see people with a lot of stuff, do you buy cause you like them all or some of them its just for collection?

a very good question heres my answer -

i collect them because i enjoy watching them, i dont just buy all animes im not in to romantic anime so i dont buy them, i started collecting animes when i was a in my teens while anime was still being shown on tv like sci-fi, toonami, perpeller tv, ect but after when anime was being shown less and less i thought il buy the ones i saw on tv like FMA cowboy bepbop, gits, tand before i knew it it became a hobby and my entertainment so its 2 for the price of 1.

there are a lot of series to watch and i have a huge backlog so i dont usually rewatch a series iv already watched but if i feel like doing some rewatching il rewatch a series, i have loads of series i love to rewatch

i feel the same way too, i buy just what i like and i just dont rewatch that much because of the time. I've got other stuff to do, games to play, etc

i saw your collection in that video and its huge 8)

bakum4tsu said:
i feel the same way too, i buy just what i like and i just dont rewatch that much because of the time. I've got other stuff to do, games to play, etc

i saw your collection in that video and its huge 8)

yeah thats what she sai...... oh you mean the collection lol that video was made in the summer its gotten bigger *snikering* il be making a update when i get time

Well my physical anime collection overflows a Ikea/Billy CD/DVD rack. If you add together things like the Spice and Wolf merch and canvas it could probably fill a decent sized bookshelf, and next time I change rooms or move, I will probably be upgrading my shelving space to accomodate. I only just bought the DVD rack so I could tidy things up from a double packed over cramped shelving unit, and from the word go there wasn't enough space. Not sure if that makes it a failed exercise, but it's neatER at least :)

bakum4tsu said:

I only buy series if I plan on rewatching them usually, I like to do so now and then.

bakum4tsu said:

I have to admit I don't ever actually get around to rewatching entire series, I just don't have the motivation or time. Well maybe if I haven't seen it in like five or six years but that's about it. I do still buy shows I really like though, even if it's just to show support for something that I feel deserves it.

vashdaman said:
bakum4tsu said:

I have to admit I don't ever actually get around to rewatching entire series, I just don't have the motivation or time. Well maybe if I haven't seen it in like five or six years but that's about it. I do still buy shows I really like though, even if it's just to show support for something that I feel deserves it.

i know what you mean by deserving support and i agree with that. But the way the economy goes these days, its hard to be spending just for that. But i totally understand your point. :D

Usually i dont care about europe's the actual financial situation but i had to mention it now.

Once in a while I will dig something out for a rewatch. Usually if something new has been produced in the franchise, but also more simulwatch threads would be good for it.

Back