Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

I have a huge backlog, and I think the current champion for the series I bought longest ago and never watched is Getbackers. I'm sure it's fine, but somehow I keep buying things which bump it further and further down the list ^^;

R

Doraemon666 said:
animefreak17 said:
does anyone else have a load of dvds that they haven't watched yet cause i notice that fans buy animes and manga in huge piles. im one of those people who buys as many as i can and puts then in piles. i buy animes in piles so that way i dont have to worry about getting anything later.
Yeah i buy in bulk all the time and dont get me started on the amount of back log i,ve got to catch up on and then there is my countless dvd-r fansubs which i burn daily,got about 10 boxes full now of fansubs,so it is always a ordeal to figure what to watch,a new show i bought on dvd or select something from my dvd-r collection,its like a massive anime pick n mix heh heh. :D

>Burning fansubs to dvd

O7GoR.jpg

Yeah, that was just an excuse to use a new reaction image

But, seriously, though. Get an External HDD! They're like £40 for a 1TB or £60 for 2TB. (1TB will hold 200 DVDs worth or 2TB for 400 DVDs worth)

Plus you can do what I do and stick icons on stuff to make it look cool :p

DqbV6.png

As a rough guess I would say I have around 200 episodes of anime to catch up on (around half each on dvd and blu-ray). Plus there is stuff that is in the post.

I also have several anime movies - Eden of the East Movie 1 and the 2nd Eva movie on blu-ray plus 2 Galaxy Express movies, Project A-Ko, the Barefoot Gen movies and Legend of Lemnear on dvd.

Paradox295 said:
Doraemon666 said:
animefreak17 said:
does anyone else have a load of dvds that they haven't watched yet cause i notice that fans buy animes and manga in huge piles. im one of those people who buys as many as i can and puts then in piles. i buy animes in piles so that way i dont have to worry about getting anything later.
Yeah i buy in bulk all the time and dont get me started on the amount of back log i,ve got to catch up on and then there is my countless dvd-r fansubs which i burn daily,got about 10 boxes full now of fansubs,so it is always a ordeal to figure what to watch,a new show i bought on dvd or select something from my dvd-r collection,its like a massive anime pick n mix heh heh. :D

>Burning fansubs to dvd

O7GoR.jpg

Yeah, that was just an excuse to use a new reaction image

But, seriously, though. Get an External HDD! They're like £40 for a 1TB or £60 for 2TB. (1TB will hold 200 DVDs worth or 2TB for 400 DVDs worth)

Plus you can do what I do and stick icons on stuff to make it look cool :p

DqbV6.png
Paradox you and your reaction pics they do make me laugh so lol,yeah i should really invest in a external HDD soon even just for back up purposes,but i,m really not that bothered to be honest i,ve been burning stuff onto dvd as far as i can remember and i make up my own little D.I.Y. cases with personal artwork and description of the series or movie i download,i guess its just a personal thing for me.Different strokes for different folks as they say.

Yeah i have been guilty of buying anime in bulk (by bulk i mean i hunt downa complete series but buy them as singles rather than a boxset as some shows don't have a boxset anyway and for some strange reason hunting down singles of older shows OOP tends to be cheaper)

My Externy is used to house One Piece, and a collection of usually newly released films.

This is a subtle reminder to people to please refrain from discussing/promoting digisubs (especially of English-licensed series!) on the forum :X

R

if you ask me buying loads all at once is a good thing cause you dont have to worry about getting anything else later and continue to buy other animes iv got at least 40-50 series to watch. if you ask me its worth it. i get all existed when i get a new series or a continuation of a series have you guys seen that video on here about the guy who had loads of anime.

Rui said:
This is a subtle reminder to people to please refrain from discussing/promoting digisubs (especially of English-licensed series!) on the forum :X

R

Although I hate to say it... What she said ^

Anyways here are some pictures of my updated collection. I reordered it all from alphabetical to which distributor released them. Of course the distributors are laid out in alphabetical order and so are the DVD's in each group. Except for the Studio Ghibli collection.

294c2091.jpg

dfea8dea.jpg

4a8fc0e3.jpg

64e17000.jpg

0e531ca2.jpg

That is quite something, consider me envious. I put together a fourth bookcase today, seeing it mostly empty will encourage me to spend I think.

ok heres another question
lets say you've got the first seasons of shana or D gray man or darker then black and you found out there are more seasons to these series do you-
a, watch the first season and wait for the others
b, wait til you've got all the seasons then watch them all
c, watch the seasons and when you've got the second you watch the first season again then watch the second second.

with me when ever a new dvd or dvds ( like 2 or 3dvds for the series ) for naruto, bleach, one piece comes out i start right from the beginning of the series to watch the new ones iv got, this also gives me the chance of watching the last dvds i got for the series again

Hawthorns said:
That is quite something, consider me envious. I put together a fourth bookcase today, seeing it mostly empty will encourage me to spend I think.
if im going to run out of room il just buy some wall shelfs or buy taller shelfs

animefreak17 said:
ok heres another question
lets say you've got the first seasons of shana or D gray man or darker then black and you found out there are more seasons to these series do you-
a, watch the first season and wait for the others
b, wait til you've got all the seasons then watch them all
c, watch the seasons and when you've got the second you watch the first season again then watch the second second.

For me I always do the first of those - in the unlikely event that I bought something I ended up disliking, it means I don't buy more of it. And if I really end up loving the first series, I can dive on the sequel faster than I might have otherwise. Since most series with sequels had gaps between them when they originally aired, it doesn't tend to cause problems.

Darker Than Black is a good example as I thought it would be quite mediocre before I watched it, so I just bought the cheap UK set and slung it into my DVD player when I wanted something a bit less hyperactive than usual. It was pretty much what I expected (a solid C rank series), but I did end up liking a few of the characters enough to decide to get the sequel. If I'd not watched the first season I probably wouldn't have bothered preordering the follow up.

I have too much of a backlog to justify rewatching anything other than my absolute favourites these days :(

R

animefreak17 said:
Hawthorns said:
if im going to run out of room il just buy some wall shelfs or buy taller shelfs

My brother told me to get a taller shelf but I want them to all be the same size xD. That's why the four book cases I've got are all the same! Just looks better that way I think.

revertedtozero said:
Firstly:
citizenkane.gif

DAT COLLECTION

Second of all, how did you managed to do that?

Cheers :D

This is my method for icons: (You need Photoshop or GIMP)
1) Find a logo for a show
2) Crop out backgrounds if necessary
3) Scale image. Replace the higher number with "256"
4) Canvas size. Replace the other number with "256"
5) Save with an ".ico" extention. Put it in a folder you will always use, otherwise you'll have to repeat the following process again (I just stick it in F:/Icons/)
6) Right click on the folder. Go to Properties > Customize > Change Icon > Browse, and find the icon.
7) Click the little refresh button.
8) You should have a custom folder!

A bunch of anime ico's are here, courtesy of /a/: http://www.mediafire.com/?1q7qu9ir1z1ah54

@Rui i know where your coming from if the first season isnt any good then you dont watch the second season, but as for me if i dont finish something it'll bug the crap out of me e.g. * whatswas going to happen next or i hope he finds it or something like that* i just have to finish the story.

Durial666 said:
Rui said:

R

Although I hate to say it... What she said ^

Anyways here are some pictures of my updated collection. I reordered it all from alphabetical to which distributor released them. Of course the distributors are laid out in alphabetical order and so are the DVD's in each group. Except for the Studio Ghibli collection.

294c2091.jpg

dfea8dea.jpg

4a8fc0e3.jpg

64e17000.jpg

0e531ca2.jpg
you showed me yours now il show you mine on video in a few weeks ..................... yeah yeah i know its funny lol

Unknownfate said:
Mines bigger :) *begin genitalia related jokes*
yeah yeah i saw your collection very impressive............ really. but im creeping up on you slowly but surly i know im close to your estimate ;)
by the way single sets are a pain why dont you buy the box sets it'll give you more room, also i saw that most of your box sets are huge why not get the thinner ones

Aesthetics my friend, I take pride is having velvety artboxes for my DVDs (some have cost me over £40 for just the box) plus most of the singles I've bought cost me less than the boxsets did.

Been on a bit of a spending spree this last week so the numbers shot up a little.

Back