PlanetAxel Goes Into Bankruptcy

mangaman74 said:
Shiroi Hane said:
If you haven't received any refunds by today (Monday), it's time to contact your card company.
Unless your card provider is part of the Natwest group, then it's time to switch to using a competent bank that didn't require government bailout funds.
Fixed.

ayase said:
mangaman74 said:
Shiroi Hane said:
If you haven't received any refunds by today (Monday), it's time to contact your card company.
Unless your card provider is part of the Natwest group, then it's time to switch to using a competent bank that didn't require government bailout funds.
Fixed.

If that includes Spanish banks like Santander then it kind of narrows the choice down a bit.

Tbh, I use Natwest and I've never had any problems with them. I guess the only reason I didn't get stung during these recent problems is simply because I'm not interesting enough to have money coming in and out of my account on a regular basis.

mangaman74 said:
ayase said:
mangaman74 said:
Shiroi Hane said:
Fixed.

If that includes Spanish banks like Santander then it kind of narrows the choice down a bit.
Barclays. The Co-op. There are probably quite a few more smaller providers.

IMO we should all be switching to non bailed out banks and then the "too big to fail" f*ckers can finally fail for good (though granted, my preferred short term outcome of the financial crisis is a massive house price crash, which is not everybody's).

Aw balls with the reduction in the import limit PA was going to be my go to place for multi region blu-rays.

Had been planning on picking up a few...for several months and never got around to it.

Planet Axel sent me a refund last week for my order. I have received an email today from PayPal stating that the funds have not been able to clear.

------
Dear______

The refund sent by Rasmus Christiansen ([email protected]) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Rasmus Christiansen regarding this refund.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal
------

But how can I contact the owner if the emails doesn't work? Will I have to accept that I may not get my money back at all?

neptune2venus said:
Planet Axel sent me a refund last week for my order. I have received an email today from PayPal stating that the funds have not been able to clear.

------
Dear______

The refund sent by Rasmus Christiansen ([email protected]) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Rasmus Christiansen regarding this refund.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal
------

But how can I contact the owner if the emails doesn't work? Will I have to accept that I may not get my money back at all?

You're going to have to start a claim for it.
I never recieved a refund, and ended up having to contact paypal. Now just waiting to hear off planet axel. They've got until end of tomorrow to reply to the claim and then paypal will start whatever it needs to do to get me a refund.

That doesn't sound good, but will PayPal themselves even be able to get anything off Axel if they've gone bankrupt?

I got one of my items refunded as I put in an escalated claim two weeks ago. Paypal refunded my money today.

However, I had one more item that I needed to be refunded and PlanetAxel gave me a refund a few days ago. Today, I got sent that email saying the refund has been cancelled as they did not have any money. I go to the resolution center to escalate it into a claim but apparently it won't let me. I have now sent an email to Paypal stating that I have tried to get in touch with the company but their emails bounce off and also that I have received no items which has left me out of pocket. I'll let you all know how Paypal responds!

...and just when I was about to post this, I get an auto email about how to put a dispute forward -which I know already! The problem being, I can't put the case into a dispute in the first place as it won't let me. Le rage!

That's kinda what I'm wondering. If PayPal refund you money that was owed to you by a bankrupt company, I'm not sure they'll be able to get it back. They might be concerned that them taking on the debt (which is essentially what a PayPal dispute is) could leave them out of pocket. I really don't know what PayPal's policy in such situations is.

ayase said:
That's kinda what I'm wondering. If PayPal refund you money that was owed to you by a bankrupt company, I'm not sure they'll be able to get it back. They might be concerned that them taking on the debt (which is essentially what a PayPal dispute is) could leave them out of pocket. I really don't know what PayPal's policy in such situations is.

I think Paypal pays you the money back, somewhat like using a credit card. It is protection incase anything happens such as items not received or the aforementioned company becoming bankcrupt.

I phoned up Paypal, it was purely automated and it had trouble understanding basic phrases. Regardless, I have managed to escalate it into a claim finally! :D

I need some help,

Ive got a moral/legal dilemma when it comes to paypal, I made a claim on a $130 order, which consisted of a few different items, only 1 of these items i didnt recieve.

I did tell paypal that i only need a refund for $35 when i first made the claim but today i got a email saying they would refund the whole amount. What do i do. Do i contact them and point out that I only need $35 or do i just pocket the $130.?

I guess the only thing stopping me is i dont want to be charged $95 in 6 months time.
I may leave it in my paypal account for a month and then move it accross to my bank.

I would only take what I was owed. Because a) the rest doesn't belong to me, and b) I'd be afraid that it would come back and bite my on the **** if took the lot.

If you've already told them the rest was a legitimate charge it's probably best to give them a call (their e-mail support is useless) and explain, or it could be they'll notice in future and try to take it back.

R

I'd keep it because if they didn't notice then I'd be up $95, and if they did I could give it back and I'd not have lost anything. But mainly because I'm just a bastard.

Rui said:
If you've already told them the rest was a legitimate charge it's probably best to give them a call (their e-mail support is useless) and explain, or it could be they'll notice in future and try to take it back.

R

I knew someone was going to say that, and to be honest i know this is what i should do really.
Its just so long winded trying to get in contact with anyone.

Back