PlanetAxel Goes Into Bankruptcy

how many of use are waiting for refunds and dvds here anyways

im waiting for refunds and 3 dvds.............................. the dvds are taking ages

animefreak17 said:

im waiting for refunds and 3 dvds.............................. the dvds are taking ages

I'm still waiting on my Maria Watches Over Us season 1 boxset from Planetaxel. It was sent out on the 31st of May and still nothing! I fear it has probably got lost in the post. :(

Lame.

I'll just carry on using United Publications I suppose. I use them a lot anyway but it was just nice to have an alternative.

animefreak17 said:

I'm only waiting for one more item, thankfully, which I hope arrives. It's Towa No Quon (BD). The refunds are all pending :s

R

neptune2venus said:
animefreak17 said:

I'm still waiting on my Maria Watches Over Us season 1 boxset from Planetaxel. It was sent out on the 31st of May and still nothing! I fear it has probably got lost in the post. :(

That's funny same here I ordered some near that date and im still waiting. And I hope we can get our refund back too.

animefreak17 said:
neptune2venus said:
animefreak17 said:

That's funny same here I ordered some near that date and im still waiting. And I hope we can get our refund back too.

Woah! It's not just me. I too ordered some things from them on the 31st of May and have yet to receive them. Odd stuff indeed.

Out of interest you two, when you placed the order did you have any trouble during checkout? I did and ended up with another two orders for the same goods.

animefreak17 said:
does anyone here use otakucastle

Only sells mostly bootleg products as far as I know, so I would avoid (all their listings are region 0 if I'm thinling of the same place)

AntAce said:
Woah! It's not just me. I too ordered some things from them on the 31st of May and have yet to receive them. Odd stuff indeed.

Out of interest you two, when you placed the order did you have any trouble during checkout? I did and ended up with another two orders for the same goods.

No, everything was fine - it was just the usual process! I hope they haven't just taken our money without sending the products...

I tried to report it as 'not received' on my account but apparently I have to wait another 4 days. Perhaps I'll need to go into a Paypal dispute with them to get the money back.

Bugger. I went on this morning to to put my usual monthly order through and got the message about them going out of business. I usually put through about 6-8 or so box sets / DVDs or Blu-Ray for something like £150-£200. I have now put an order through UP1 which with most things costing £5 - £10 more plus about £2 postage each is costing a fare bit more than I wanted. Unless I can find anywhere cheaper I am going to have to accept I am going to be getting less for my money and possibly I will need to get even more selective with what I order.

Planetaxel were the one stop shop for many because of the price and a reasonable customer service. The exchange rate calculations were not always the best but they were nearly always still cheaper than elsewhere. The VAT prepayment was good for us, not really the tricky work around some people think just cheaper for them to pay in bulk without the extra cost we would get from the postal service.

With the reduction of when duty/VAT is due (I don't mind the VAT it is the charges from the postal service that hurt), exchange rates and ridiculous postage costs it really is not a good time to be a DVD/Blu-Ray importer.

I used to directly use several US companies deepdiscount and CDuniverse but not now it is just not economical in time or money trying to workout the cheapest or most likely to attract duty/VAT.

There are still some UK based/servicing companies like moviethyme but they don't have the best selection when it come to anime.

When It comes older or cheaper releases (under £15) amazon and play traders can be useful two I have had decent dealings with are movie mars and all your music.

Let's be thankful that there are a few places we can stil buy our region 1 DVDs at least up1 has a wider range Not only for DVDs but figures too

neptune2venus said:
I tried to report it as 'not received' on my account but apparently I have to wait another 4 days. Perhaps I'll need to go into a Paypal dispute with them to get the money back.

If you used Paypal I'd dispute anything outstanding now rather than later. They have a strictly-enforced 45 day limit for claims and won't listen if you say you were waiting on something. You can file a claim which gives you an extra 20 days to wait before needing to raise it to a formal dispute level.

R

Rui said:
If you used Paypal I'd dispute anything outstanding now rather than later. They have a strictly-enforced 45 day limit for claims and won't listen if you say you were waiting on something. You can file a claim which gives you an extra 20 days to wait before needing to raise it to a formal dispute level.

R

Thanks Rui - that's exactly what I've done. I have escalated my dispute into a claim, as the email I sent them has bounced back and this seems to be the only way I'll get my money refunded. Hopefully I'll get it!

I advise anyone still waiting on PlanetAxel goods who paid via Paypal to do this. It is highly unlikely that nearly a month of waiting that the goods will suddenly show up.

animefreak17 said:
megagold5 said:
Has anyone got any refunds yet? I will wait till monday before phoning up my bank.

im waiting til tuesday give it a bit of lee way............ besides im ordering from HMV tuesday

I got most of my refunds last week (according to my online card statement they are dated 18/06/2012, posted 20/06/2012). There were around 21 refunds in all. Doesn't look like I got everything back though.

I havent received my refund so I reported it to paypal.

Only problem ive really had with paypal. I only need a refund of like £20 but ive had to make a claim on a order of £85 worth of stuff because it was only one order i didnt receive.

Back