PlanetAxel Goes Into Bankruptcy

Yeah, my only slight annoyance with UP1 is I don't know how much postage is going to cost until they charge me, so I always make sure to have an extra £5 in my bank just in case (although so far, it hasn't got that high).

But yeah, PlanetAxel were usually my first-port-of-all because of price (Hell, they sold Pokémon Conquest for £20! I was going to order from them tomorrow. GameSeek, the only other place I know to import US games from, has it at £30).

I am really gutted to hear the closure of PlanetAxel. Not only because I am still waiting on a few items - but also because they were the kindest to my nearly always half empty purse.

I know UP are more expensive, but at least we still have an option where we can avoid the unecessary customs charge. It's just when something like this happens, we realise how good we had it.

Hope my Maria Watches Over Us Season 1 arrives soon from Planet Axel - been waiting since 31st of May!

@Joshawott

ok try this how about buying something from there lets say 1 or 2 items and wait and when they come and you have a look at the postage charges.

well as soon as i get my refunds back il give them a try, to be honest i wasn't going to order from them cause of the dvd releases i want from HMV.

so yeah it looks like
UP1 and HMV is my new buyer

Also another thing about United Publications is they have specials running all the time on different products and occasionally have items at Clearance prices too.

Seems where asking each other questions on UP1, I'll throw one in too!

1) Do they take money straight away on pre-orders or on dispatch?

i wounder why they went under i thought they was doing well i really didn't see this coming.

when they stopped the reward thing i knew something was up but not this bad

w00d09 said:
Planetaxel announce's closure and bankruptcy, see their homepage for details :cry:

That sucks, I don't use them myself but was considering looking it to it as people seem to get such good deal from them (part of the problem perhaps?). Not good for anyone seeing a reliable retailer go out of business :(

Just been printing out a copy of everything that was still on preorder during my lunch break so I have a record of what I should get refunded.

Hopefully I will get my copy of Tales of the Abyss volume 3 (DVD) - they sent a copy 10th May which didn't arrive (I received parts 1, 2 & 4 plus Shiki Part 1 blu-ray which were shipped around the same time).

As and when everything getting refunded I'll look at ordering from UP1 and for the cheaper stufff maybe from amazon.com. Not decided on where to get the 3 games from yet though.

Guess all the free shipping was too good to be true (and maybe the directors were worried about the financial situation in Europe at the moment).

Just in case you missed it in the generic news thread. This really needs to be highlighted....

1. If you have items in transit, they should get to you in a couple of weeks or so...
2. Pre-orders and unshipped orders will be refunded and deleted.
3. If you haven't received your refund by June 25th, get onto your card providers...

PlanetAxel.com is no more!

It is with great sadness, deep regret and utter embarrassment that we announce the closure and bankruptcy of PlanetAxel.com

On Monday afternoon, June 18th, 2012 the board of directors have informed us that no further investment will be made in the company. This comes in light of the recently finished 2011 financials which showed such an insurmountable deficit and loss to company value that a swift decision was made almost overnight. We have been asked to provide a quick summary/FAQ of your options as a previous customer of PlanetAxel.com with respect any outstanding orders/refunds.

If you have SHIPPED orders according to your order history but you have not received them yet
We have shipped out orders as late as the morning of Monday June 18th. If you order history lists your order as SHIPPED, then it has indeed shipped. If you are still to receive shipped orders, we would suggest waiting roughly 10-12 weekdays in which case 99% of all shipped orders will definitely have arrived.

If you have prepaid orders that have not yet shipped according to your order history
We will refund and delete all outstanding orders. Having said that; as this is a case of bankruptcy we fear that our accounts may be frozen at some point in the near future.

IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR REFUND BY MONDAY JUNE 25TH:

You must put in a claim with your bank, PayPal or Visa/MasterCard. For most customers this would be an issue for their local bank. Print this page and a statement with highlighted transactions. Tell them that you have paid for products using your credit card that you haven't received. Some banks will tell you that you have to file such claims within a 1-2 month period. THIS IS NOT CORRECT! Both Visa and MasterCard offer a THIRTEEN MONTH worldwide grace period for such claims. Be sure to INSIST on that despite what your bank teller may tell you!

If you have a voucher outstanding or have outstanding orders paid in full by a voucher
The voucher is unfortunately lost.

On a personal note I would like apologize to everyone that will be somehow affected or inconvenienced by this matter. I've spend half my life with the company (18 years in total) and it all ended today. This is not 'just business' to me, but sincerely personal. I can honestly say that this has been a sad, sad day for all of us here at the office but the fact that so many suppliers, affiliates, employees and most important of all, customers are affected by this bankruptcy is almost unbearable.

On behalf of everyone at PlanetAxel.com I offer my sincerest and heartfelt apologies and thank you for your support over the years.

With sincerest regards,

Rasmus Christiansen, General Manager

mangaman74 said:
Not decided on where to get the 3 games from yet though.
I can personally recommend Canada's Video Games Plus. Prices are similar to Planet Axel's and I've never had a customs charge on anything I've ordered from them. They take... measures.

animefreak17 said:
w00d09 said:
Planetaxel announce's closure and bankruptcy, see their homepage for details :cry:

oh you got to be ******** me

* had a look and feel sick*

i had nearly 120 pounds worth of stuff that was suppose to come .................. now iv got to sort this out

Chicken feed compare to what I had outstanding :cry:

animefreak17 said:
mangaman74 said:
I'm seeing triple - this is in the anime retailers thread and it is in the chat section as well.

what do you expect axel planet was a top 3 in most of our list of retail

I doesn't matter how important - only 1 thread was needed (and it is 4 as I noticed it is in the 'news that doesn't need a thread' section as well).

theres one thing that gets on my nerves about UP1

is that they dont have a price low to high order and if what RUI said was true * you have to make a new account once and awhile * thats going to be a pain

fabricatedlunatic said:
mangaman74 said:
Not decided on where to get the 3 games from yet though.
I can personally recommend Canada's Video Games Plus. Prices are similar to Planet Axel's and I've never had a customs charge on anything I've ordered from them. They take... measures.

Well 1 of them I was planning on getting the European release now and 1 of the others had a bonus soundtrack disc with amazon preorders (which Planetaxel often managed to get).

animefreak17 said:
theres one thing that gets on my nerves about UP1

is that they dont have a price low to high order and if what RUI said was true * you have to make a new account once and awhile * thats going to be a pain

If you know what you are getting them just search for it - its that simple. As for logins I have only forgotten my password once - they gave me a new one which I still use (I have used UP1 longer that Planetaxel and am still on my first account).

I'm not sure if I will get all my money back as I cancelled some orders and after getting a credit I reordered them (did this to get free shipping on some items).

Guess I may need to print out a few more orders :( .

mangaman74 said:
I'm not sure if I will get all my money back as I cancelled some orders and after getting a credit I reordered them (did this to get free shipping on some items).

Guess I may need to print out a few more orders :( .

i wrote down how much im suppose to get back

Back