Personal opinions on distributors excised from the Bargains thread (temporary title)

ah sorry I didn't realise the au release was 4 parts. Why are they preferred?

Because Aniplex suck?

In all seriousness, I believe Aniplex went through a phase of forcing multiple parts on companies a while back (Kill la Kill was 5 parts in Australia, 3 in the UK), and now that phase seems to be back.

Ahhh OK. I was wondering as I own the UK releases and didn't remember having any issues with them. To each their own but Id rather have 2 normal sized cases on my shelf rather than 6... I have 3 large shelving units full of Blurays as it is (1x anime, 1x Asian cinema 1x standard us/UK etc) I'd rather have more space for more series and I dont wanna buy any more storage lol

Lambadelta literally ordered the AUS version because Jerome.

I posted right above you with my reasons. Bypassing him is a bonus

For people curious what the box looks like I found a picture on twitter with someone who received it, and put all the vols (minus vol 2) into the box.
vOoZEFP.jpg

A box is enough to potentially pay triple the price for people? My inner accountant just died...

The madman set I ordered cost me the same as the UK sets. I was doing an order anyway due to the sale. Do you need to always find fault in what people do with their money buzz?

The heart wants what it wants Buzz.

Manga's lack of boxes/multiple cases on releases that received better treatment stateside is a source of mild annoyance for me which sometimes translates into importing, but doesn't always win out over Manga's cheapness factor. It's not nearly as aggravating as MVM's constantly disappointing cover art department. I mean I was looking at their recent BD releases and realized their Chobits cover is basically a carbon copy of Funi's anime classics line... when none of MVM's other releases have copied that style. Effing WHY?

The madman set I ordered cost me the same as the UK sets. I was doing an order anyway due to the sale. Do you need to always find fault in what people do with their money buzz?

I find the behaviour of anime fans intriguing. I could understand paying extra for more or different content (I brought the UK release of One OK Rock's "Ambitions" earlier and I intend to also buy the Japanese at some point for the differing tracks and alternate versions), what I don't understand is the huge degree of value placed on a piece of chipboard and the desire to (force everybody else to) pay more to get it.

Especially from people that are just being vindictive towards individuals within the anime industry and aren't even pretending otherwise. I would have thought only the smug misguided superiority of purchasing AoA sets would have sufficed for yourself...

what I don't understand is the huge degree of value placed on a piece of chipboard and the desire to (force everybody else to) pay more to get it.

Especially from people that are just being vindictive towards individuals within the anime industry and aren't even pretending otherwise. I would have thought only the smug misguided superiority of purchasing AoA sets would have sufficed for yourself...

Buzz the volumes where $5 AUD ea for a total of $30 AUD. That is £17.99 roughly meaning its got a nice box, and is cheaper than MangaUKs set.

I don't buy AoA sets, and I don't own any AoA sets.

When did I say I wanted everyone to be forced into paying more? I've made the consumer choice to buy a release from another country due to many reasons, and just because I have a dislike for someone in the industry so finding it a bonus to bypass his company doesn't mean you can rant on my purchasing decisions like your the voice of justice for the UK anime industry. We get it you hate expensive CE releases, and especially those who buy an expensive release that adds only non-anime value to it, but please check the information about the price of something, and why someone ordered it over the domestic release before going into rant mode.

what I don't understand is the huge degree of value placed on a piece of chipboard and the desire to (force everybody else to) pay more to get it.
I completely see your point about Jerome, but denigrating chipboard like that crosses the line. We fought many keyboard battles for the UK market's right to quality chipboard when only Beez would listen. Geneon would give Vol. 1 purchasers in the US chipboard boxes MVM buyers could only dream of. Now even Manga have released products with chipboard packaging - You'll pry my chipboard from my cold, dead hands dammit.

I'm of the same mind set as serpantino, I'd rather have the least amount of cases for a series on shelf as possible. I was surprised how many people on here bought the Blue Exorcist Madman sets when the Manga ones were either the same price or less than them once you take shipping and the potential customs fees into consideration.

I also don't understand people not buying Manga's/Animatsu's releases just because they don't like Jerome.

Back