Persona 3 FES

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
Just got it yesterday and I've been enjoying it a fair bit. It's quite refreshing to find stuff to do between grinding. It's also surprising that I'm enjoying a JRPG this much. The only other JRPG that captured my interest was Tales of Symphonia (which I need to start playing again since I've onlyplayed it for a few hours).

What are your impressions so far?

It's not Final Fantasy, it's a hard game which requires you to level instead of watching DEEP videos on the feminine lead characters.

/Topic

But I do want it myself since I missed out on P3 the first time and got Lost Odyssey instead. [****.]

I never played P3 but really enjoyed P2 (and its sequel). I've heard nothing but good things about it though...

R

I played the vanilla version of Persona 3 for 100 hours last year and I loved it. As far as I'm concerned it's the best JRPG on PS2, and the FES edition adds more features and includes a sequel episode (which I'm yet to finish).

i caved in awhile back and bought and completed the original P3, really can't wait to get my hands on FES for all the extra elements to the original story and 'the answer' chapter!

Already had it way before it came out here, imported it a few months back from america not to long after it was released there, have to say i enjoy it, i just have never found the time to get back round to it. i'm about into september/october time at the moment, already had a lot of the new content, the sword/weapon creation isn't exactly amazing i will say, but its not to bad, it just never seems to keep up with my weapons at the time. Not got any of the new persona as of yet though annoyingly, though i have got the items that let me do so.
I should really get round to finishing it off at some point and continuing onto The Answer, specially considering P4 is due out in the US in december and i have it pre-ordered. i know its acts as another stand alone game, but i'd still get the 3rd one finished first.

Rui, would i be right in saying that you only played one part of P2? since i thought there was the extra part to it, like FES, which never got released state-side or here because of its content.

Played P3 for 80 hours (after Fabio sent me his old copy). I enjoyed it a lot, playing it for the longest I've played a game since FFXII (which I dropped after 100 hours), but the poor story and repetition eventually got to me after I'd played it for so long. I thought it was best to stop before I started hating it since I wanted to play FES at some point.

I'll probably order it in a few days. I was kinda expecting it to match the price Suikoden V came out at ages ago (£14.99), but the cheapest price around at the moment is £16.50. I'm hesitant because I'm not really in the gaming mood at all right now; I can't see me playing it as soon as I get it. I'd best order it in case it does a Soul Nomad and goes out of stock before it comes into stock, though.

Arbalest said:
Rui, would i be right in saying that you only played one part of P2? since i thought there was the extra part to it, like FES, which never got released state-side or here because of its content.

Yeah it had two parts. If I recall correctly the first one is [Innocent] Sin, the second is [Eternal] Punishment. I played in Japanese after the diabolical versioning that poor Persona 1 got in the US.

Only reason I skipped P3 was my huge RPG backlog. I'll probably pick it up in future sometime, if P4 isn't already out by then :(

R

My slimlne (NTSC) PS2 has issues with P2. When I first tested it all it did was randomly crash when I zoned, which would've made the game unplayable if not for the issue seeming to stop occurring. Not that I ever bothered to play it beyond testing...

I'm hoping that the pound will regain some strength against the dollar if December rolls around and I find myself caring about P3.5 - Yellow Remix enough to put in an order for it.

Been playing it non-stop after work today (12:30pm - 9:30pm). I'm really having fun with it. Damn, my Persona's are way more powerful than me. XD

Gave in and ordered it. I'm sure that once I get down and start actually playing it I'll be able to find the motivation to put hour after hour into it, like with the vanilla version.

Started this yesterday. Not very different from the vanilla version up to yet (as expected), the only story/visual differences being a few short scenes where the characters walk through the towns, with a few social link characters in the background. The main difference is an afternoon passing when you use the shrine to raise your academics, which should make raising academics much more troublesome.

It's going to be a bit difficult to get myself to finish it after already playing the vanilla version, and even more difficult to then move onto 'The Answer', but I'm going to give it a go.

once koromaru joins your party is when the first of many noticeable changes occur, just keep playing it's well worth your time in the end trust me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do recall reading something about you being allowed to walk the dog at night... How does it work and, aside from fresh virtual air, what are the benefits?

hahaha, well basically you get offered to ask one of your dorm mates to walk it with you and this brings up new dialogue from the characters and also if say for example you go with one of your social links then it will help towards adding more points to that social link.

Also you can choose to walk it by yourself and you will get items ranging from the ****** stuff like 'medicine' to stuff that might actually leave your inventory screen like 'balms of life'. One more thing is that sometimes when walking by yourself you will meet up with your other social links from school and such.

Ah, I see. :)

So, if you run into a social link when walking the dog, how many points do you get - enough to level up the social link sometimes?

yeah thankfully! which in my opinion is really handy because it gets pretty annoying when you keep seeing something like 'you spent time with yuko at the cafe, you can feel your relationship getting stronger.' everytime you go out with them :lol:

Aye, that REALLY pissed me off towards the end of the game; when I was trying to max out the miniskirt-chan social link before the other girls felt neglected. I only ever managed to get her social link to level 9... :/

I noticed you can use the arcade in FES to raise your academics (3 k). I haven't yet figured out which nights you can do the academic quiz, though... Do you happen to remember?

tell me about it man, towards the end of the game you are basically ****** for social links and some of them are just real assholes like that kenji guy who wants to romp his teacher :lol:

there is usually some fat kid outside the arcade after school, if you talk to him he usually tells you what games are playing in the arcade today, hope that helps :)

I had a lot of social links revert on me because of neglect last time around - I had too many unfinished all at once. This time around I'm going to try to get the teacher ****** and athletic guy with a bad leg out of the way first to lesson the pain. It only gets worse once the girls all try to get the attention of the mute one.

And I'll be sure to put looking or a fat kid as my top priority when I play FES tomorrow. Thanks.

Back