[Overseas] The Anime Expo 2016 Thread

TRSI Announcement #3 - MORE GUNDAM?
Gundam Reconguista in G (already announced)
Gundam 0800 War in the Pocket
Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory
Gundam F91

Aniplex of America Announcement #1 - Kiznaiver (mentioning that's it on Crunchyroll)
Aniplex of America Announcement #2 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood coming to Crunchyroll
Aniplex of America Announcement #3 - Durarara!!x2 Ketsu home release - 2 volumes 10.18 & 12.13
Aniplex of America Announcement #4 - Owarimonogatari home release - 2 volumes 10.25 & 12.20
Aniplex of America Announcement #5 - Erased home release - 2 volumes 10.18 & 1.24
Aniplex of America Announcement #6 - GOD EATER home release - 2 volumes 11.29 & 1.31

Crunchyroll picked up some streaming shows:
-Days
-B Project
-New Game
-Hitorinoshita - The Outcast
-HYBRID X HEART MAGIAS ACADEMY ATAXIA
-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Catalogue, both subtitled and dubbed)

New manga:
-Sukedachi 09
-The Grim Reaper and an Argent Cavalier

As well as a new DVD & BD line (all titles listed for both formats currently, and all will be dubbed):
-Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
-Berserk (2016)
-Twin Star Exorcists
-Free!
-Gintama
-Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
-Big Order
-Myriad Colours Phantom World

Buzz201 said:
Crunchyroll has a new DVD & BD line (all titles listed for both formats currently, and all will be dubbed):
-Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
-Berserk (2016)
-Twin Star Exorcists
-Free!
-Gintama
-Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
-Big Order
-Myriad Colours Phantom World

I have concerns about this endeavour:
Will this lead them to only focus on titles they can get home video rights for?
Will they actively reject shows they can't get home video rights for?
With Anime Limited getting an effective monopoly over titles, why shouldn't I be nervous about this?

I get that this site's general line is "AL good, Manga bad, MVM indifferent", but I must say I'm concerned about AL potentially excluding other companies from getting these titles. No competition can only be bad. And I don't know if AL can handle this many titles. Some poor title is bound to get screwed by the whole thing.

Very glad CR has New Game, I'll definitely be watching that. FMA: B is also a huge get, although I own the BDs already, so. Not too fussed myself. As for their home video releases, I'm very curious as to how they're going to go about releasing Gintama.

Huh, how bizarre! Kabaneri streams exclusively on Amazon Prime and yet Crunchyroll dubs and releases it on home video? I didn't see that coming.

Who knows, maybe it didn't do the numbers for Amazon to bother with it beyond streaming?

Largely because Amazon has a fetish for making it as hard as possible to watch their stuff on TVs.

As I don't think anyone else posted it, Seven Seas have licensed:
Magical Girl Site (manga, spin-off of magical girl apocalypse)
Species Domain (manga)
Plum Crazy! Tales of A Tiger-Striped Cat (manga)
Dreamin' Sun (manga)
The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku (light novel)

kuuderes_shadow said:
Yen Press license 6 (and apparently the last one): Rokka - Braves of the Six Flowers (light novels and manga)

Late to the party I am... but meh. Not even on my top ten wants list.

I am dissapoint.

So happy to hear about Nadesico on Blu-Ray. It's one of my top 5 shows. (They need to hurry up with Utena though)

Great news some of the Crunchyroll titles are coming to Blu-Ray, hope AL are able to release some of them over here.

Yeah, I quite enjoyed yamada-kun, even if it truncated the manga pretty badly in places, so that's a must buy.

Interesting to see what the hell they do with Gintama though, but my wallet will wait and see

Holy **** on the Crunchyroll BD/DVD line, I assume Discotek is handling them given their partnership. And Gintama is part of it which is great so once those get released I can watch the series without having to hussle through the large CR watchlist heh.

Oh Gintama BDs! I wonder how they'll go about releasing them, Japan has 50ish episode boxes for the first 200ish episodes but I assume that's hoping for too much lol either way I'll be in for them.

I'd totally buy Nadesico too.

Back