[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Am I the only one who thinks the dub sucks especially Rito? Generally not a fan of dubs though so might just be me. Also I wonder if they plan to also pick up OVAs as those are really important in To Love Ru and has been ignored in previous releases.

Crunchyroll has announced plans to offer English dubs for the following:
  • Ascendance of a Bookworm
  • If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
  • Magical Sempai
  • Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun

The special is a (kinda) remake of the anime beginning. As such it's hanging expecially disjointed to the rest.
The movies themselves are also quite loose from the rest, too. The only thing they kinda align with the series is the amount of content they expect you to know in terms of character background stories. But other than that they are like anime-filler arcs that could have aired the same release year. (Aside from the fact that the movies are more bombastic and action-focused and Conan is almost always a total Gary Sue in them.)
With so many around and many of the earlier ones looking fairy dated now, can't say it's too bad of a choice to start with a more recent one.

Madman and Funimation AU March 2020 anime releases
Madman:
Accel World: Infinite Burst (Blu-Ray)
Afro Samurai Complete Collection
Afro Samurai Complete Collection (Blu-Ray)
Anne of Green Gables (Blu-Ray)
Astro Boy (1980) 40th Anniversary Edition
Dragon Ball Super Part 10 (Eps 118-131)
Dragon Ball Super Part 10 (Eps 118-131) (Blu-Ray)
Naruto Shippuden Chakra Collection 1 (Eps 1-71)
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (Season 5) Part 2 (Eps 184-200)
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (Season 5) Part 2 (Eps 184-200) (Blu-Ray)

Funimation AU:
Berserk (2016) Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
Black Clover Season 2 Part 2 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo
Clockwork Planet Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
Endro! Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
Lucky Star Complete Series + Ova (Blu-Ray)
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
Yu Yu Hakusho Complete Season 3 (Eps 57-84) Steel Book (Blu-Ray)
Zombie Land Saga Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
Zombie Land Saga Season 1 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo (Limited Edition)

Interesting to note is that Berserk 2016 is being released through Funimation, even though Universal Sony originally licensed it in Australia, and it was announced alongside Drifters (a Universal release in EU and AU), so maybe the Universal European license for Berserk has been cancelled?

Nice catch.
Never imagened their would be a Blu-ray for Anne of Green Gables, however it's a little confusing that it is advertised as Sub-only as there is an English dub avaiable (however, the rights belong to a German or Austrian company).
Also happy to see the Accel World Movie coming to Region B - maybe MVM will follow?

Nice catch.
Never imagened their would be a Blu-ray for Anne of Green Gables, however it's a little confusing that it is advertised as Sub-only as there is an English dub avaiable (however, the rights belong to a German or Austrian company).
Not sure, it also says "the classic film", so maybe it's just the 2010 compilation film, which I don't think has the dub?

OMFG, Anne on BD with sub, so JP audio?!

... Oh. Just a movie?
Wonder of it might be the Road to Green Gables movie. But the cover is from the series DVD box.

It looks to be Road to Green Gables misleadingly tagged with the 1979 date of the original series rather than 2010, when the compilation film was first released. Hopefully it bodes well for a release of the full series.

Wonder if this may bode well for WMT in general. Romeo no Aoi Sora is another one I'd enjoyed of it and which isn't really anywhere around with a JP dub.

Back