[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

KSM Germany announced a Yu-Gi-Oh! Double Feature on Blu-ray
contains the original 2004 Movie (aka Pyramid of Light), Bonds Beyond Time and a Recap
+ English Audio for both!
SRP 40€, Limited Edition (1500 units), FuturePak (a metal case), Releasedate: June 27

Regular seperate editions to follow soon

Funimation has revealed more details for their 30th anniversary collector's edition Blu-ray set for Dragon Ball Z.
  • Entire Dragon Ball Z series in the original 4:3 aspect ratio, remastered on Blu-ray for the first time ever
  • An exclusive 11-inch, 30th anniversary version, Grandista Goku collectible figure from Banpresto—not available anywhere else
  • Full-sized hardback artbook—available only in this set
  • Housed in a stunning collectible box featuring Shenron in a striking foil design.
  • Funimation reservations include an individually stamped and numbered Certificate of Authenticity
Doc has posted the artwork in that respective thread so you can see it there.

Thing that I don't get about this is that it takes a LONG LONG LONG time to remaster a series of this length, which presumably is what this is i.e a continuation of the Level Sets. Soooo there is surely no way that if this doesn't get to 3000 reservations that we are never going to see this come out right? Because surely they have already done the remastering and put in the time and cost to do that. If they haven't then when the hell does this come out!?

I can't see this NOT hitting the target of 3000 anyway. My only worry is if for whatever reason this is the only 4:3 version we ever get. I would buy Dragon Box or just normal standard editions of the season sets for this so I have my fingers crossed that I get the chance to do so.

--------------------------------------
EDIT:
WAIT WTF!? SURELY NOT!!!!

Back