[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

vDflgZK.gif

Crunchyroll x Funimation
April 2018 Release Slate revealed.

Notes:
  • OVA episodes for Dragon Maid and Demi-chan are not listed. Super Lovers 2 is however.
  • Episode 13.5 recap for My Hero Academia is included.
  • Only My Hero Academia Season 2 Part 1 gets the LE treatment, Part 2 might be getting the LE treatment as well going by the design.

Last edited:
Will definitely get Acca-13. Certainly interested in a few others, I loved the early episodes of Kado but the show lost it's way towards the end.

I'm assuming that Sony will replicate that MHA LE like Universal did, I will be getting that if they do. I will also be getting Maid dragon and Interviews with monster girls.

This is major. Release of the year material if the transfer is good.

DTeDdt-XkAAVNu2.jpg

Given it's taken Justin Sevakis and Brady Hartel over a year to work on it, I'm sure the transfer will look great.

Other additional notes include 3 ways to watch it!
Brady Hartel said:
Japanese Order - Originally how it came out in Japan.
Streamline Theatrical/Original Streamline VHS - This is the order it came out in theaters and on the first VHS in the US.
Streamline Laserdisc/Best Video VHS - This is a completely separate order for the segments which were rearranged to fit a two sided laserdisc, and later re-released on the budget SLP VHS.

You can change the order via seamless branching on the menu.

It looks like Robot Carnival is going to be region free.

Rightstuf:
Robot Carnival is an anthology collection of nine short films, many done by animators before they got their feet wet in directing. From funny to dramatic, artistic to entertaining, each story reaches towards the furthest corners of time and space to bring you a tale of robots, and the people who make them. Whether you have a love for great hand-drawn animation, an appreciation for fine storytelling, or just like robots, this anthology a visual treat for the eyes as well as the mind!

*Region Code: A, B, C.

Mary and the Witch's Flower US premiere, in theaters tomorrow night! Yay, Studio Ponoc!

I got my printed ticket right in front of me, ready to go... The next door neighbor couple who comes over to watch anime regularly in my theater room are going along with me, so there will be three of us going.

negima-acquisition.png

Sentai Filmworks have acquired the rights for Negima! and Negima!? after Funimation have let them expire.

The first Negima! series has been out of print for a very long time while the second Negima! series (Negima!?) was last seen as a S.A.V.E. title.

I'd love Arrow Video to release Ichi in the UK, they've done such a great job so far with Miike's back catalogue.

I'm not sure Arrow will bother, as it will almost certainly still be cut by the BBFC. The good thing about Miike is that they're never going to run out of other films of his to release! I'd like the Young Thugs films, Bird People in China, Blues Harp, and Sun Scarred

Last edited:
I'm not sure Arrow will bother, as it will almost certainly still be cut by the BBFC. The good thing about Miike is that they're never going to run out of other films of his to release! I'd like the Young Thugs films, Bird People in China, Blues Harp, and Sun Scarred
This is true, whatever Miike film they release I'll pick it up eventually, he's become one of my favourite directors.

Back