[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Wonder how many episodes the Gintama Part will have. And hopefully it sells good enough for the rest to catch up. Germany's BD releases seem to currently pause right at the spot where Sentai gave up. =_=

Hmm, nothing leaping out at me this time as a must or possible buy. I am semi-interested in D Gray Man, but it's been a while since the Manga DvD's and Funimation dropping the series the first time.

Couldn't figure out the best thread for this so apologies in advance.

For those who may have also pre-oredered the Utena UE Nozomi release via UP1 like me I emailed them and unsurprisingly they are not expecting to get this in before xmas.

"We are not sure if this title will ship from USA in time to reach UK before Christmas.
At the moment does not look like shipping early this week."

UP1 have insanely good customer support via email and they don't seem to mind me bothering them every now and then with updates in cases like these.

Yeah UP1 customer support is top notch and for me the best out there by far. Have placed a significant orders with them, at least one each month.

At one time i had ordered a DVD by mistake, this was for a Sentai release. Since i mostly order Blu-rays they spotted this and send me email if i would like to change the DVD order to the Blu-ray release. Frankly i don't see any other web shop do this, UP1 treat you like a human, where for most other web shops you're just an order number.

Regarding Utena, well i cancelled the US release for this which leaves me more room for the Righstuf sale ;) and i'm happy waiting what AL has up his sleeves for this.

DOsyAZ_WkAAExQx.jpg

February 2018 release slate is now up for Funimation. Yuri on Ice is Life, Keijo is Hometown.

Funimation's site now has additional details on the Attack on Titan Season 2 Limited Edition if you want to update your blog.

AJovhpY.png

"The Season 2 Limited Edition is similar to the Season 1 Limited Editions, which includes:

Rigid chipboard box
2-Panel Digibook with 24 pages of art and character information
60-page art book with beautiful art from WIT Studio"

https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/attack-on-titan-season-two-combo-le-bld-00658/

After being prodded by Mangaranga, Aniplex recently re-released Gurren Lagann in Japan so he asked me to look into it, figured I'll share it here as well.

These are reissues for a discounted price in case you didn't want that massive 60,000 Yen Blu-ray Disc Box, and there are some benefits to owning this release over the UK & US editions.

The contents included are as follows:

TV BD-Box:
  • All 27 episodes (English dub & sub support)
  • Broadcast version of episode 6 (English dub & sub support)
  • The Nintendo DS OVA episode 5.5: My Gurren is Sparkling!!
  • Parallel Works
  • Kirameki★Yoko Box - Pieces of Sweet Stars music video
  • Yoko Goes to GAINAX –Study Animation at GAINAX-
  • It’s Summertime! Drills! Gurren Lagann Festival!!
  • Non-Credit Songs
  • Audio Commentary
Movie BD-Box:
  • Childhood's End (English sub support)
  • The Lights in the Sky are Stars (English sub support)
  • Non-Credit ED Songs
  • Audio Commentary
Blue: Not included in the Aniplex of America release
Red: Not included in any English Blu-ray release

The TV BD-Box is spread across 6 discs (5 for TV, 1 for OVAs) while the Movie BD-Box is spread across 2 discs. There were a fair amount of bonus features and it seems they are unknown and may not be included with this reissue:
  • SAZIGEN 3DCG Test Animation Footages
  • Interview with Marina Inoue (the voice of Yoko)
  • Believe in the answer that you believe in!! Gurren Lagann Quiz Contest!
  • The Movie –Childhood’s End- Premier Event Documentary
  • The Movie –The Lights in the Sky Are Stars- Premier Event Documentary
  • VOICES –Testimony of 26 people- (Staff Interviews)

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK DAY

The following are set for March 27th 2018:
  • Tomorrow's Joe the Movie - Blu-ray & DVD Combo - English & Japanese with English subtitles
  • Robot Carnival - Blu-ray - English & Japanese with English subtitles
  • Toriko the Movie: Secret Recipe of Gourmet God - Blu-ray - Japanese with English subtitles
  • Zatch Bell movies: 101st Devil & Attack of Mechavulcan - Blu-ray - Japanese with English subtitles
  • Tenjho Tenge - Blu-ray - English & Japanese with English subtitles
  • Great Mazinger - DVD - Japanese with English subtitles
Some very surprising additions for the month of March.

Some very interesting stuff, one of Discotek's better 'Days' for awhile I think. I'm interested in everything apart from Tenjho on BD, I absolutely hate that show. Other than that I may end up picking up the rest eventually.

Back