[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

I'm adamant the reason Index/Railgun did not do well is it took a few years to even get released by Funimation. Also, it's the type of show people want in HD. It seems JC staff shows have a tendency of getting DVD releases only at first. The same happened with Slayers (R)Evolution(-R).

I'm sure it would have done better if they released it on Blu-Ray at first. Getting season 2 out on Blu-Ray before season 1 (and Railgun) was an odd move, in my opinion. I know I wasn't picking those up until I had season 1 of Index/Railgun on Blu-Ray first. I imagine others were the same.

I guess with Funimation's statement, and the requirements for licensing the series, UK licensors will probably be hesitant to go near it.

NormanicGrav said:
And these titles (TV/OVAs shows that is, not including rescue titles) have home video rights confirmed but have yet to be released:
- Ping Pong: The Animation

Hopefully this does get a home release. It would be an instant purchase from me. Best anime from 2014, for me.

Jatz said:
NormanicGrav said:
And these titles (TV/OVAs shows that is, not including rescue titles) have home video rights confirmed but have yet to be released:

Hopefully this does get a home release. It would be an instant purchase from me. Best anime from 2014, for me.

Good news it's out this Summer with Blu-ray confirmed plus an English dub I think also. :thumb:

NormanicGrav said:
Jatz said:
NormanicGrav said:

Good news it's out this Summer with Blu-ray confirmed plus an English dub I think also. :thumb:

That's brilliant news, then! I'll be picking up the US release, and the UK one (if it gets one).

It would be incredible if there is a Collector's Box like there was in Japan. Some really pretty box art for that one.

pingpongbrbox.jpg

Sentai Filmworks and Maiden Japan have announced their May 2015 line-up, including some surprises that many would love:

Maiden Japan:
- Patlabor: The Movie - Film - Blu-ray ($39.98) and DVD ($29.98) - Original Japanese language and English dub - 5th May
Disc count: 1 BD, 1 DVD - Special Features: None

Sentai Filmworks:
- The Familiar of Zero: Rondo of Princesses - Complete Collection (Season 3) - Blu-ray ($59.98) and DVD ($49.98) - Original Japanese language - 12th May
Disc count: 2 BD, 3 DVD - Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation

- Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Collection 2 - Blu-ray ($69.98) and DVD ($59.98) - Original Japanese language and English dub - 12th May
Disc count: 2 BD, 3 DVD - Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation

- Ninja Scroll - Film - Blu-ray ($24.98) and DVD ($14.98) - Original Japanese language and English dub - 19th May [Re-release]
Disc count: 1 BD, 1 DVD - Special Features: Japanese Commentary, Slipcover

- Soni-Ani: Super Sonico The Animation - Complete Collection - Blu-ray ($69.98) and DVD ($59.98) - Original Japanese language and English dub - 26th May
Disc count: 2 BD, 3 DVD - Special Features: English Sonico Reveal Commercial Collection, English Radio Spots, Narrated Trailer, Recording with Jessica Photo Shot, English Outtakes, English Blooper Reel, Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation

- Student Council Discretion Level 2 - Complete Collection (Season 2) - Blu-ray ($59.98) and DVD ($49.98) - Original Japanese language - 26th May
Disc count: 1 BD, 2 DVD - Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation

- The World God Only Knows OVAs - Complete Collection (Season 2.5) - Blu-ray ($39.98) and DVD ($29.98) - Original Japanese language and English dub - 5th May
Disc count: 1 BD, 1 DVD - Special Features: Japanese Promo's, Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation

For the Blu-ray 'non final' cover art.

NormanicGrav said:
- The World God Only Knows OVAs - Complete Collection (Season 2.5) - Blu-ray ($39.98) and DVD ($29.98) - Original Japanese language and English dub - 5th May

Unexpected. Other than that, another month of things I don't really care about. Lucky me.

Brilliant. Already own the first two on blu ray from Hong Kong but desperate to see the third seeing as it's supposedly so different to the rest.

britguy said:
Brilliant. Already own the first two on blu ray from Hong Kong but desperate to see the third seeing as it's supposedly so different to the rest.

I like the 3rd film quite a bit, it's a bit different to the first two but not too dissimilar to the rest of the Patlabor series. I wouldn't want to spoil anything but I'd say it's more of a horror than the first two which are more political. The second film is one of my favorite films bar none but I do like the 3rd film.

MB VoiceWorks To Produce English Dubs For Media Blasters
Media Blasters, who has been releasing translated anime in North America since May 1997, had previously contracted out its dubbing work, but has decided to bring its English-language anime dub production in-house for the first time, partnering with MB VoiceWorks to cast and direct the series.

MB VoiceWorks have confirmed that they will be starting with the two-episode series Holy Knight, on which production is due to begin at the end of January. No release date has been announced at this time.

Dan said:
NormanicGrav said:
Another update, the Patlabor film will use the Bandai English dub instead of the Manga Entertainment English dub.

Is the Bandai one better in your opinion?

Haven't seen the Patlabor franchise so I can't judge unfortunately.

SnowWolf said:
MB VoiceWorks To Produce English Dubs For Media Blasters
Media Blasters, who has been releasing translated anime in North America since May 1997, had previously contracted out its dubbing work, but has decided to bring its English-language anime dub production in-house for the first time, partnering with MB VoiceWorks to cast and direct the series.

MB VoiceWorks have confirmed that they will be starting with the two-episode series Holy Knight, on which production is due to begin at the end of January. No release date has been announced at this time.

I was going to criticise MB for barely doing anything but with that announcement I hope they can dub Koe de Oshigoto! someday (despite the whole theme being behind-the-scenes eroge voice acting, the show is pretty hilarious).

Madman have announced their May set of releases - makes we wonder if anyone has got Rozen Maiden: Zuruckspulen for the UK (MVM???):

http://www.fandompost.com/2015/01/28/ma ... -releases/

009 RE:CYBORG (DVD) $29.95
BLEACH COLLECTION 25 (EPS 330-342) $49.95
009 RE:CYBORG (BLU-RAY) $34.95
009 RE:CYBORG 3D LIMITED EDITION (BLU-RAY) $39.95
ROZEN MAIDEN: ZURUCKSPULEN COLLECTION $59.95
PATLABOR – THE MOBILE POLICE OVA SERIES 2 THE NEW FILES (DVD) $49.95
UNBREAKABLE MACHINE DOLL SERIES COLLECTION (DVD) $59.95
FAIRY TAIL COLLECTION 15 (EPS 165-175) (DVD) $59.95
TOKYO RAVENS PART 1 (DVD) $59.95
FAIRY TAIL COLLECTION 15 (EPS 165-175) (BLU-RAY) $64.95
TOKYO RAVENS PART 1 (BLU-RAY) $64.95
UNBREAKABLE MACHINE DOLL SERIES COLLECTION (BLU-RAY) $64.95
ONE WEEK FRIENDS SERIES COLLECTION (DVD) (SUBTITLED EDITION) $59.95

Jon O Fun said:
I notice the 009 re:cyborg doesn't say 'subtitled edition' like one week friends. Does this mean Anime Limited's dub is FINALLY ready?

That's what I'm guessing - maybe that means an earlier release than we expected over here?

Japanese release for Neon Genesis Evangelion will be priced at 38000 Yen (original price) [41040 Yen w/Tax] for BD-BOX and 18000 Yen (original price) [19440 Yen w/Tax] for DVD-Box.

Blu-ray content includes:
- All 26 episodes
- All director's cut episodes
- Evangelion: Death & Rebirth (plus first time Death on video)
- The End of Evangelion (with Love and Pop extra after film)
- The Revival of Evangelion
- 5.1 Surround Sound BGM of 22 tracks offered

Blu-ray extra content includes:
- Image Board Collection
- Dubbing Rush Video
- Airing TV Spots
- Textless OP/ED
- Genesis 0:0 (both volumes)
- Promotional videos/CMs
- Episode 26 live action portion
- TV series 30 seconds preview
- Movie trailer/teasers*
- Dubbing scripts
- Additional Promotional videos edited by Masayuki for the OP/ED, Soul's Refrain, Thanatos, Armageddon, and Memories of Paradice

No word on English dub or English subtitles, chances are the set will be Japanese only.

*It better include this:

Last edited by a moderator:
That price for Eva is not that bad. I've placed an order in the (futile) hope they announce subtitles or even the dub to be included too. Would be a nice little extra. (£250 with import charges and shipping from Amazon)

If not, I'll cancel my order closer to the time.

Back