[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Not everyone will know this but bbfc vetoed the part of the HRA on freedom of expression they didn't want the uk to have the same laws as the eu on freedom of expression and Valkyrie Drive Mermaid would be allowed if weren't for the bbfc vetoing freedom of expression part of the HRA.you can correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd certainly be interested in reading any sources you can provide. I also don't see how the BBFC have a power to 'veto' any part of legislation, beyond expressing an opinion when such things are put out for consultation.

The only issue I have with the BBFC is the fees, which can make a release of perfectly innocuous material prohibitive - particularly for smaller labels. But when it comes to their decision making, one has to applaud them for being transparent and for always making a concerted effort to make as minimal cuts as legally possible.

Kazé Germany announced a cinematic release of the "Sinbad-Trilogy" (Nippon Animation, streaming worldwide on Prime Video).
The cinematic release will be a compilation - however, as they submitted full-length versions for youth protection checks, the Home Video release that most likely will follow should be uncut (age 6 and up)

Technically no official announcement, but Madman employee Sly says that Madman has gotten the Love Live Sunshine movie for release in 2019.

We have great slate of films coming up including Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel 2, Love Live! Sunshine!! and more.

Also, nothing will change in how Madman operates.

A small batch of titles confirmed for 7th/14th May from Funimation:

My-Hero-Academia-Intensify.gif

Guilty Crown: Complete Series (Essentials Blu-ray)
Jormungand: Complete Series (Essentials Blu-ray)
Kakuriyo - Bed & Breakfast for Spirits: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
Kamisama Kiss: Complete Season 2 (Essentials Blu-ray)
My Hero Academia: Season 3 Part 1 (Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD)
My Hero Academia: Season 3 Part 1 (Standard Blu-ray & DVD)
My Hero Academia: Season 3 Part 1 (Standard DVD)

My-Hero-Academia-Lewd.gif

Back