[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Dd_H3avWkAAwuEg.jpg

Sentai Filmworks September 2018 release slate is now live.

The release slate features 4 new additions plus 3 catalogue titles.

I’m interested in Princess Principal since I adored that show when it aired, but I might wait and see what MVM do first, unless I’m really taken by the LE’s design, especially for the price.

Princess Principal LE (depending on what MVM does, and if i'm patient enough) and Scum's Wish for sure. Haven't seen Negima! before so need to check if there's a stream somewhere to check some episodes.

@NormanicGrav , guess Glass Mask is the 2005 series and not the 1984 one? ;)

I wouldn't dare :) and after some further checking on my side you're absolutely right. Glass Mask 2005 was released back in 2010 by Sentai on DVD but if i'm not mistaken there was never a complete release only up to episode 26 of 51 :confused:

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK AT MONOCON

Brand new announcements!

#1: Lupin the Third: Legend of Gold Babylon
An existing license announcement however they have confirmed that it will be coming to Blu-ray with an English dub directed by Richard Epcar! Familiar cast as well (most likely the same folks who were in Lupin the Third Part IV).

#2 Blu-ray upgrades!
Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact! and Babel II will be coming to Blu-ray! Mazinger will have all 26 episodes on 2 Blu-ray discs in full HD while Babel II will have all 4 OVAs on a Blu-ray disc in full HD with the Streamline English dub and faithful subtitles included.

#3 All-Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
All three series will be coming to SD on Blu-ray (32 episodes in total). Includes the original English dub, the rare restored UK English dub, and of course the original Japanese audio with English subtitles.

#4 Devilman OVAs
The original Devilman OVAs are coming to Blu-ray with the 'ridiculous foul-mouthed English dub' and also the original Japanese audio with English subtitles. There will also be a newly-translated 28 minute audio drama in Japanese audio included.

#5 Angel Cop
Another classic OVA series returns with the 'ridiculous foul-mouthed English dub' and also the original Japanese audio with English subtitles. Includes uncensored subtitles for the first time plus a new essay on historical context, text interview with dub writer and vintage VHS trailers from UK & US. This has been restored from the best materials available. The subtitles will also have two versions; the uncensored subtitles as mentioned as well as the original from the previous Manga Entertainment release.

#6 Law of Ueki
The series will be coming to SD on Blu-ray (51 episodes in total). Includes the English dub and original Japanese audio with English subtitles. All of the bonus features from the Geneon release are included.

#7 Cardcaptor Sakura the Movie 2: The Sealed Card
The second Cardcaptor Sakura film will be coming to Blu-ray remastered in HD! This includes the Bang Zoom English dub and the original Japanese audio (at 5.1) with revised English subtitles.

UPDATE:

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see what folk make of Gold Babylon - I slightly wonder if the decision to release it now may have been egged on by the mostly positive reception to the pink jacket episode of Part 5. I'm also impressed that they're including the UK dub on Nuku Nuku, that's going above and beyond.

#5 Angel Cop
Includes uncensored subtitles for the first time plus a new essay on historical context

Danger, Wil Robinson!

I cancelled my pre-order for the Utena set back at the beginning of December, and instead used the money towards the three OOP NISA Premium Releases of Natsume's Book of Friends I picked up from eBay. I really enjoy that series, it's kind of like a more whimsical version of Mushishi, which I love... Utena, not so much at all. I actually have the three Nozomi DVD art box sets to sell, unopened, I think I just want to get rid of them.

I had that pre-ordered last year but cancelled due to lack of funds, glad I did since it's been so delayed, plus AL have the right to the series so I'll just wait and see what they do with it.

I have so much in my backlog that even if it does take two years to release I'll have plenty to catch up on in the interim.

A lot of it comprises of streaming titles at the moment. Since I got Crunchyroll/FuniNow it's really grown.
That reminds me, I ended up going back threough all the funinow titles, have found a “few” to add to watch, not sure how many of them I’ll actually see through to the end though. Legal streaming dubs is a godsend for me, am so so glad it’s a thing nowadays. Good luck catching up and working your way through your backlog. :p

That reminds me, I ended up going back threough all the funinow titles, have found a “few” to add to watch, not sure how many of them I’ll actually see through to the end though. Legal streaming dubs is a godsend for me, am so so glad it’s a thing nowadays. Good luck catching up and working your way through your backlog. :p
I appreciate FuniNow for its dub streaming as well, although I have far more to watch from Crunchyroll. Gintama alone will take me a long ass time to get through.

Back